Ratings: Dixie and Beast Take Biggest Hits Opposite Monday's Olympics Coverage

Ratings Beauty and the BeastNBC’s Winter Olympics coverage this Monday night dominated with 22.2 million total viewers and a 6.4 demo rating, albeit down 13 and 11 percent from the comparable night in Vancouver 2010.

RELATED | Olympics Watch: What Was Your Favorite Moment From Sochi 2014, Day 3?

Facing off against the games, The CW’s Hart of Dixie (1.03 mil/0.3) winter finale and Beauty and the Beast (770K/0.3) sustained the biggest blows, each dropping 25 percent in the demo to hit and tie series lows, respectively.

Fox’s Almost Human (5.4 mil/1.5) fell 21 percent in the demo, while The Following (4.7 mil/1.7) saw the night’s biggest decrease in audience, shedding 19 percent of its viewers.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your February Calendar of 55 Premieres and Finales

Elsewhere, ABC’s The Bachelor (7.8 mil/2.3) dipped just 6 and 11 percent, and CBS’ Intelligence (6.9 mil/1.3) slipped 9 and 13 percent.

1. Boiler says:

Wow nearly 8 million watched the Bachelor. How sad for the future of TV and a fun show like Hart of Dixie struggles. Don’t get it but….

• Spindae2 says:

It’s a shame, HOD is really a great show and last night was a pretty good enjoyable episode. I would hate if they had to wrap the show up to fast (with season 4 being far away). Maybe the Who knowes the line lead in on Fridays will help.

• Mary says:

So true. HOD was definitely must-see tv last season but I do feel like the whole Linley and Joel addition was written very poorly. Joel is slightly better than Linley but not a very compelling character.

• Spindae2 says:

Lynly was to serious taken, Lynly was the type of women George would go after in his post Lemon phase. Why couldn’t he date an empowered women with hilarious bonding issues, I really don’t know. They are messing a lot around with George. Got a feeling he’ll go back to Zoe now. Joel is a fine character. I really like him especially his Wade moments. The bromance is quite funny to watch, Woel rocks. ;-)

• Meredith says:

I too think George is heading back to Zoe now that Tanzy has left. I think I like George and Zoe together less than I like her w/ Joel. I keep waiting for Jonah to make his way back to town. I still feel like he was the perfect fit for her, he had Wade’s bad boy ways but George’s serious and career-driven side.

2. WTactualF says:

I DVR’d HoD, but to be honest, the series has been pretty boring this season. Plagued by boring and annoying characters like Linley and Joel, nobody is really excited about new episodes. The writers seriously need to turn this train around before thy find themselves out of a job.

• Elyse says:

HOD used to be a must watch show for me and now it sits on my DVR until I get around to watching it.

• Rebecca says:

Yes. Absolutely love HOD but the last few eps are just sitting in my DVR. I have no desire to watch them. Joel needs to go. Zoe & Wade are what made the show enjoyable, at least for me.

3. Anna says:

These numbers are based on live viewing? I’m sure many people recorded these shows.
    (I watched Almost Human.)

• April says:

I’m sure you are right but the live viewers are the only ones that count to the advertisers and therefore the only ones that count in terms of renewal.

4. Nancy says:

I watched THE BACHELOR and INTELLIGENCE. :)

5. Mehvash says:

HOD was actually kind of boring last night. the only interesting/funny part was AB finally getting angry. It’s nice to see wade is growing, but Rachel Bilson seemed to sleepwalk through yesterday’s episode. not one of their best for sure…i can’t believe i’m saying this (because i find the character pretty annoying) but i think that the return of Lemon will be really great.

6. Gerald says:

Hart and BATB both are suffering from the same story problems. The beauties being with the wrong guys. I watched both episodes last night and just get annoyed. Not sure either of these shows will get another season, but I hope they end on the right note or with a flash forward to the right couples being together.

7. Alice says:

They have kept Joel around way, way, way too long, and people have lost interest. If they hadn’t kept playing up the whole “everyone still believes Zoe loves Wade” and vice versa, people may have bought into Joel as a viable love interest. But since it’s been pretty clear that he’s not going to last past the season- why invest? You don’t keep someone like that in for 16 episodes and expect people to stick around. He should have been gone before Christmas.

• Katherine215 says:

The “Zoe still loves Wade” stuff they dropped in during the earlier episodes are the only things that made Joel bearable for me. Now that Wade is dating Vivian and not waiting for Zoe, I’m fed up with the whole thing. Get them back together already! This whole buying a house thing is making it even harder for me to see how they’re going to break up. This last episode before the hiatus would have been a perfect time to break them up.

• Alice says:

As someone that loved Zoe and Wade- I also adored the little hints. But at the same time, it meant that the audience never accepted or bought into what the show was trying to sell as a real relationship. Because we assumed all that foreshadowing meant- this isn’t going to last.. So it makes every Joel-Zoe or Wade-Vivian relationship plot seem a little pointless- because the expectation is- they are going to break up. If they are going to break up- why are you dragging this pointless relationship out for 16 episodes! They’ve made nearly the whole season about a relationship no one really is invested in or cares about. If they wanted us to invest/care- they should not have kept reminding us that it was doomed!

• Katherine215 says:

This, exactly. And 16 episodes is WAY too long for this storyline. There’s not even the trouble in paradise foreshadowing to enjoy. It’s a waste of at least half a season.

8. tp says:

I used to really like BaTB. The reboot kida killed it for me. It doesn’t look like they’ll get a chance to turn it around.

9. Fy says:

I watched Almost Human, and it was solid, building on the mystery from the pilot. Not sure what Fox is doing with it…jumble up its airing order, send it on hiatus two or three times in eight episodes, then it has no choice but to air against the Olympics, which makes it look like it’s failing when it’s probably getting big DVR numbers. I hope it gets renewed, but they’ll probably cancel it and blame the audience.

• tp says:

“but they’ll probably cancel it and blame the audience.”

Exactly. Exactly what they did to Firefly and countless others. Why bother telling a story if it’s not gonna be aired in the right order.

10. GuessWhat says:

I am part of that dropoff for THE FOLLOWING. That was the first ep I never watched. Cause I am done with it. It’s dead to me.

11. ... says:

Hart of Dixie shippers continue ruining the show for the rest of us.

12. Boiler says:

I hear what you are all saying about the new characters on Hart of Dixie. I think they got in a bind as many of the supporting characters were on new shows and Jamie King is out die to birth of her baby. Now Lynley is gone and it seems like Joel could be too. With Jamie coming back and some of the others popping up again hopefully it gets rolling again

13. Maryann says:

Beauty and the Beast is finally getting decent again, and refinding its center. Catherine and Vincent are moving back towards one another, and the characters feel more the way they were written in Season 1. Anyone who has lost faith in the show should check it out again. I just hope it is not to late as far as the ratings go for the audience to find it again.