Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Modern Family, Nine-Nine, Reign, Sherlock & More

Give us a Q! Give us an O! Actually, just give us TVLine’s Quotes of the Week, already!

Yes indeed, we’ve rounded up the small screen’s best zingers, one-liners and retorts from the last seven days — all for your sweet, low-calorie enjoyment.

RELATED | Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got a double dose of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, some Arrow bitchiness, a Sherlock clarification, a biology lesson from Ellen and much more. So click through the gallery below for our latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed!

Comments (22)

• Claire Holt is magic.

Comment by dude – February 9, 2014 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, she’s easily my fave part of the show.

Comment by Pedro – February 9, 2014 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. She’s the best thing about the Originals.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – February 9, 2014 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i heard shes gna die….. sorry

Comment by eddie – February 9, 2014 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine makes me laugh a lot every week, glad it appeared twice on the list!

Comment by Pedro – February 9, 2014 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Claire has always had great zingers… Violet is on fire. Wait till the. Xmas special! Brilliant!

Comment by shuayb – February 9, 2014 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m from Macedonia and I’m wondering how many of you actually know where Macedonia is?

Comment by LOST – February 9, 2014 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • + in the Cyrillic alphabet V goes after B.

Comment by LOST – February 9, 2014 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Former Yugoslavia, above Greece. Greece has a region called Macedonia, so they couldn’t join the EU as Macedonia, but joined as the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. Every European above 25 will know this I think.

Comment by EJ386 – February 9, 2014 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOST was probably quizzing us “dumb Americans” but I assure you, there are plenty of us who know where Macedonia is too.

**To be fair, while I did know they were not allowed to join the EU under the name Macedonia due to the Greek region of the same name, I thought they simply joined as the Republic of Macedonia. Totally missed the “former Yugoslav” part, so thank you for correcting my error!

Comment by Robert – February 9, 2014 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, that’s the Greek side of the story. Actually Macedonia was divided between Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece in the Balkan Wars in 1913. We could join the EU if Greece accepted our name as Macedonia, but if they do , we’ll have the right to get back the part of land that was given to them in the Balkan Wars. That’s why they’re saying that Macedonia is Greek, just like they’re saying Alexander the Great is Greek. Here, he’s known by the name of “Александар Македонски” (Alexander the Macedonian).

Comment by LOST – February 10, 2014 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your welcome. I must say reading the comment my first thought was ‘this person feels quite superior’. I didn’t want to assume though… I feel a better person knowing I wasn’t the only one.

Comment by EJ386 – February 13, 2014 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nick Zano???? That wasn’t Jason Ritter?!?! Holy doppelganger, Batman!

Comment by Eran – February 9, 2014 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Conan O’Brien referencing NBC airing the olympics, saying they’ll, “…finally get to show someone who’s okay with passing the torch.”

Comment by ibjbyron – February 9, 2014 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are some pretty good quotes this week.

Comment by tp – February 9, 2014 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for including that quote from Cougar Town. :)
    Busy Philipps is my favorite part of that show!

Comment by Parker – February 9, 2014 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what’s this? where’s Fusco: I wonder if we could take Fort Knox. or Finch’s “We’ve made a terrible mistake.”

Comment by faraway – February 9, 2014 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite Sherlock quote is from John Watson to Mary:
    The problems of your past are your problem. The problems of your future are my privilege.

Comment by Amanda – February 9, 2014 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From Chicago PD:
    - Hey, the girl who’s in the hospital, her mother’s downstairs.
    - All right, bring her up.
    - I’m assuming that’s Spanish for you’re gonna go down there and get her yourself.

Comment by Stefan – February 10, 2014 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What would Ellen know about making babies?

Comment by Bob Johnson – February 10, 2014 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post