Lifetime Orders Un-Real Satire of Dating Shows From Buffy Producer Marti Noxon

Get More: News, Series Orders

Lifetime Orders Un-RealLifetime is pulling back the curtain on dating shows.

The network has given a 10-episode pick-up to Un-Real, a dark comedy starring Shiri Appleby (Girls, Chicago Fire) and written/produced by Marti Noxon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Mad Men).

The hour-long scripted series will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the chaos surrounding the production of a dating competition program.

Appleby plays a young staffer whose job is to manipulate her relationships with and among the contestants to get the footage demanded by the program’s dispassionate executive producer (played by Rules of Engagement‘s Megyn Price).

The cast also includes Freddie Stroma (Pitch Perfect), Josh Kelly (One Life to Live), Nathalie Kelley (The Fast and the Furious), Johanna Braddy (Shameless), Breeda Wool (Betas) and Ashley Scott (Jericho). Arielle Kebbel (The Vampire Diaries) guest stars as Courtney, a contestant who has no filter.

Comments (11)

• Im in, now i want Max back, sorry i mean Jason Behr

Comment by Lore – February 6, 2014 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • love her!! and JB. why doesn’t he get more acting roles??

Comment by kae – February 6, 2014 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah Liz! Um, sorry, I meant Shiri! Love her!
        Now some Max please…

Comment by Liz – February 8, 2014 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi there are using WordPress for your blog platform?

I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you need anny coding expertise to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment by http://growtallerbettervision.com/sitemap/ – February 6, 2014 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The short film this is based off of is brilliant. Glad that the show got picked up.

Comment by Mick – February 6, 2014 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw Marti Noxon speak recently and she was so freaking excited about this show. I’m excited too!

Comment by Jellymoff – February 6, 2014 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, Liz. I mis Roswell. Plus it’s from a Buffy alum so I’m totally in. My WB nostalgia is growing.

Comment by Steven – February 6, 2014 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I miss Ashley Scott

Comment by Kaycee – February 7, 2014 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Shiri is gonna be back on TV again as a series regular.

Comment by Joey – February 7, 2014 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have Shiri Appleby’s credits really been reduced to the two guest spots listed?

Comment by Pia – February 7, 2014 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Marti behind it, I’ll for sure watch.

Comment by Liz – February 7, 2014 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post