TVLine Items: Fringe Alum Lands on The Blacklist, Office Star Finds Community and More

Lance Reddick The BlacklistFringe alum Lance Reddick will guest-star on NBC’s The Blacklist as one of Red’s (James Spader) assets, reports TVGuide.com.

RELATED | The Blacklist Season 1 Casts Dianne Wiest

Known as “The Cowboy,” Reddick’s character is tasked with a new assignment by Red, the results of which leave Red in shock.

The Blacklist returns after the Olympics on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10/9c.

Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* B.J. Novak has nabbed a mysterious role on Community. The Office alum will make a cameo appearance in the first half of the NBC comedy’s Season 5 finale as “a TV star in a sexy new series,” per EW.com.

RELATED | Find Out Why Donald Glover Left Community

* The Killing‘s fourth and final season on Netflix, which will take place at an all-boys military academy outside of Seattle, has added three new series regulars: Sterling Beaumon (Red Widow), Levi Meaden (The 100) and Tyler Ross (Amazon’s Zombieland).

RELATED | The Killing Season 4 Casts Joan Allen

* Hank Azaria has landed a major role on Season 2 of Showtime’s Ray Donovan playing James Cochran, an FBI honcho who becomes a thorn in Ray’s side. Twin Peaks alumna Sherilyn Fenn will play his frumpy (?!) wife, Holly.

* Amazon’s second batch of pilots are available to view for free through Prime Instant Video. The crop includes projects from Chris Carter (The X-Files), Eric Overmyer (The Wire) and Jill Soloway (Six Feet Under).

Comments (23)

• Yeah Lance Reddick!

That is all.

Comment by chi – February 6, 2014 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw Lance Reddick on Intelligence and now this. It saddens me to see the awesomeness of Lance Reddick wasted on these series, but his presence does increase their awesomeness. Get him on Sleepy Hollow!

Comment by ScrubsGuy – February 6, 2014 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lance Reddick’s awesomeness is NEVER wasted on anything.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 6, 2014 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • GREAT IDEA!! regarding Sleepy Hollow.

Comment by Ali – February 6, 2014 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Mary – February 6, 2014 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is BJ Novak so popular?

Comment by Teag – February 6, 2014 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was a writer, producer, director, and an actor for several episodes of The Office and The Mindy Project. One of which was one of the most popular sitcoms on Television. Although I don’t think he’s as popular as you think…

Comment by wonderwall – February 6, 2014 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never understood that, either. He came into The Office as a producer, along with being in the cast. Just never understood that.

Comment by Bob Johnson – February 7, 2014 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lance Reddick not only was good on Fringe but he was so great on The Wire (one of the best groundbreaking dramas on television).

Comment by Tran 2.0 – February 6, 2014 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forgot to type in the following: Lance Reddick not only was he so good on Fringe but he was so great on The Wire. MY APOLOGIES

Comment by Tran 2.0 – February 6, 2014 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Lance Reddick on American Horror Story! I hope he returns for the fourth season!

Comment by Kaycee – February 6, 2014 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great post. I was checkiing constantly this
    weblog and I am inspired! Very useful information particularly the remaining part :
    ) I handle such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for
    a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Comment by questionpro.com – February 6, 2014 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of those Amazon pilots seem to have really good potential. Alpha House was really good so hopefully there will be some winners here. I love the idea of being able to help Amazon decide what to pick up.

Comment by David – February 6, 2014 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to be suggested this website through my
    cousin. I’m no longer positive whether or not this publish
    is written by way of him as nobody else recognize such distinct about my difficulty.
    You are incredible! Thanks!

Comment by Nathan – February 6, 2014 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen the name BJ Novak used in the same sentence as the word ‘sexy’ before.

Comment by Et al – February 6, 2014 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Lance been on TV a lot lately since Fringe ended. Can’t wait to see him on The Blacklist.

Comment by Joey – February 6, 2014 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lance Reddick really is everywhere! He’s actually in one of the Amazon pilot’s from the link above. It’s called Bosch.

Comment by TheTVJunkee – February 6, 2014 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good that it appears he’ll have a recurring role on ‘The Blacklist’, as I believe ‘Intelligence’ isn’t going to get renewed. Hey, maybe Abrams & Co. can create a role on ‘Sleepy Hollow’ for him? Worked for John Noble.

Comment by Bob Johnson – February 7, 2014 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your site in web explorer, might
    test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a
    huge part of folks will pass over your fantastic writing due to this problem.

Comment by http://Letsbefamous.com/?p=268229 – February 10, 2014 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, everything is going well here and ofcourse every one
    is sharing facts, that’s actually fine, keep up writing.

Comment by design bar – March 1, 2014 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that didn’t last long for Lance. R.I.P. Cowboy.

Comment by Bob Smith – March 20, 2014 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First The Blacklist, now Intelligence. Is he going to die on American Horror Story, too? Can’t some show keep him alive?

Comment by Mel – April 7, 2014 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly
    enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m
    still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for beginner
    blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

Comment by Musical Furnishings – April 10, 2014 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post