Pilot Scoop: The CW Orders Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Drama The Messengers

It’s official: The CW will begin shooting logo-cw-300The Messengers next month.

The network has handed a pilot order to the sci-fi drama, penned by Teen Wolf scribe Eoghan O’Donnell.

The conceit: When a mysterious object crashes down to earth, a group of seemingly unconnected strangers die from the energy pulse, but then awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending Apocalypse.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

O’Donnell serves as an exec producer alongside Basil Iwanyk (The Expendables), Kent Kubena and Ava Jamshidi.

1. nate says:

sounds cool

2. Carlie says:

The conceit? Do you mean the concept?

3. Sebastian says:

Word should be concept, not conceit.

4. wrstlgirl says:

So many grammar/spelling Nazis. Typos happen people, I’m sure we have all made them, sheesh.

5. Cesar88 says:

“preventing the impeding” that doesn’t sound right.

6. Cesar88 says:

Did they already stopped and don’t remember or they must stop it now?

7. jon says:

Lol, the people who comment on these things. “Conceit” is a real word, and it is used correctly in the article above. I suggest you maybe spend your free time looking through a dictionary and learning things rather than trying to make other people look stupid.

• Sebastian says:

I know it’s a real word, and that it works, but that does not mean it is a good word for the usage. I just figured it was a typo because it’s one letter off of a word that should be used.
      Also, “deemed responsible” does not fit well in the “conceit”.

• dude says:

Lord, if you’re that big of grammar snob. May I suggest you just find another website? Since you apparently deem entire articles inadequate.

• justsaying says:

People are so averse to learning something that stating a fact constitutes being a grammar nazi. I could see if it were the people saying “you guys are such idiots and have no business writing tvline articles”. But all i’ve seen is people pointing out the poor diction of the sentence. I think those that are offended by that are the ones who are truly overreacting.

8. liz says:

I’ll wait to see a trailer and/or pilot before deciding.

9. Fabe says:

It sounds a thousand times better than the other pilots they ordered. Let’s hope this one is good and gets picked up to series.

10. Maki says:

Usually I would say there is no chance for CW to pull this off but with their latest projects being pretty solid and The 100 looking pretty good I could see this being huge.
    About the show it has this the4400 meets Heroes vibe. If the cast is good I will tune in for sure.

11. Midori4 says:

I find the English lessons more entertaining than this show will ever be.

12. The Beach says:

Here’s hoping the casting director for Teen Wolf has major input.

• Ember says:

I don’t know about the casting director but one of the writers of Teen Wolf is writing for this show and that’s why I’m more hopeful then I normally would be about a concept like this on the CW.

13. Are the CW ordering anything that is not Sci-Fi? Dont get me wrong I am a huge Sci-Fi fan but didnt Pedowitz recently say they realised they have pigeon holed themselves and will be branching out into other genres, or did I just hopefully imagine that statement?