House of Cards Renewed for Third Season at Netflix – Before Season 2 Begins

Get More: News, Renewals

House of Cards Season 2 Premiere DateIf only the U.S. government moved at the pace of Frank Underwood & Co.: Netflix on Tuesday renewed House of Cards for a third season — before its second season debut — TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | New House of Cards Trailer: ‘Hunt or Be Hunted’

Season 2 of the Kevin Spacey-led political thriller premieres (in its entirety) on the streaming video service on Feb. 14.

The drama is having a pretty good couple of months: It won best new drama at this year’s Writers Guild Awards, and President Obama recently called himself an avid viewer.

Comments (7)

• Shouldn’t the opening line of this article read “If only the U.S. government moved at the pace of NETFLIX?”

“Frank Underwood and Co.” didn’t renew the show himself…Netflix did.

Comment by Matt – February 4, 2014 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news. I read an article a while back where some of the stars weren’t sure about continuing after season 2 so I’m sure netflix wanted to try and get that set quickly.

Comment by David – February 4, 2014 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I figured they would be but I like how fast they were.

Comment by webly3 – February 4, 2014 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting. I thought I had read before that Kevin Spacey didn’t want to do more than two seasons. Money talks?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 4, 2014 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy February! yipeeee!

Comment by bobbie – February 4, 2014 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve heard that Justified is going to be canceled. I hope not. It’s a great show.

Comment by obwan46 – February 5, 2014 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He got what he warned, he’s the prez, so that would have been a perfect end to this series.

Comment by Eileen burns – March 2, 2014 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post