TVLine Items: Cumberbatch Meets The Count, Dead Star to Archer, DWTS Fires Band and More
Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch has a new nemesis: Murray Monster!
During a recent visit to Sesame Street, the actor met his match in “Murray-arty,” who gave him a puzzle to solve with some help from The Count.
Press PLAY to watch Cumberbatch tackle a mathematical mystery.
Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
• ABC and BBC Worldwide Productions have fired current Dancing With the Stars bandleader Harold Wheeler and the 28-member orchestra and musicians after 17 seasons, USA Today reports.
• The Walking Dead star Lauren Cohan will lend her voice to FX’s Archer for a multi-episode arc as a European socialite married to a brutal Central American dictator (voiced by Portlandia‘s Fred Armisen), per EW.com.
• TV Land has renewed The Exes for Season 4, set to air this summer.
• Little House on the Prairie actor Richard Bull, who played shopkeeper Nels Oleson, died on Monday at the age of 89, reports People.
• The pups still have it. Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl X on Sunday garnered 3.3 million viewers during its premiere 3 pm telecast, up 24 percent from last year’s showing. Overall, 13.5 million viewers tuned in during the 12-hour marathon.
• Rebecca Romijn (X-Men, Ugly Betty) will host GSN’s competition show Skin Wars, which seeks to find the most talented and versatile body painters in the country. The program is slated to premiere this summer.
• TBS has ordered Funniest Wins, a new competition series from executive producer Marlon Wayans (In Living Color) that searches for the funniest comedian, per our sister site Deadline.