What to Watch Monday: Almost Human's Dueling DRNs, Beauty Teams With Beast, Mom and More

AlmostHuman-ep109_sc40_117On TV this Monday: Almost Human‘s Dorian clashes with “kin,” Castle has designs on the world of high fashion, familiar faces appear on Mother and Jimmy Fallon and Zach Galifianakis take you Inside Comedy. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Your February Calendar of 55 Premieres and Finales

8 pm Hollywood Game Night (NBC) | Winter finale: Riding the couches tonight are Chris Colfer (Glee), Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory), Taryn Manning (Orange Is the New Black), Donald Faison (The Exes), Rosie O’Donnell (The Fosters) and Penny Marshall (Portlandia).

8 pm Almost Human (Fox) | All hell breaks loose when an advanced DRN (Fast and the Furious 6′s Gina Carano) gets reprogrammed, forcing Dorian and Kennex to seek help from a genius roboticist (Night Court‘s John Larroquette).

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Bay is conflicted when she hears Emmett is dating again; Jorge asks Daphne to join him at a family gathering. (Read preview.)

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Robin and Ted reminisce about previous relationships while Marshall and Lilly reach a resolution. Sarah Chalke (as Stella), Ashley Williams (Victoria), Abby Elliott (Jeanette), Tim Gunn and Bill Fagerbakke (Marvin) all return.

9 pm The Following (Fox) | Ryan looks further into the subway attacks while Joe puts a plan into action.

9 pm Beauty and the Beast (The CW) | When Cat and Vincent must work together after JT is kidnapped, Tori tries to intervene. (Giiirl please, do you not know what you’re getting yourself into?)

9:30 Mom (CBS) | Christy is faced with temptation when she dates a hottie (Broke Girls‘ Nick Zano).

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Scoop on The Following, Sleepy Hollow and More!

10 pm Castle (ABC) | Castle and Kate brave the world of high fashion when the assistant to a fashion magazine editor (Titanic‘s Frances Fisher) is murdered. (Read our review, get scoop from Fisher and watch a sneak peek.)

11 pm Inside Comedy (Showtime) | Season 3 premiere: Jimmy Fallon and Zach Galifianakis are next up in this interview series, which highlights comedy legends’ careers.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (47)

• Busy night (for watching)
    Almost Human
    The Following
    Intelligence (which is picking up steam – hope it stands a chance)

Comment by kirads09 – February 3, 2014 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Intelligence worth picking back up? I watched the pilot and it was okay – but the episodes have been piling up on my pvr. I really like the cast, so that’s my main reason for wanting to give it another chance

Comment by Liz – February 3, 2014 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Intelligence is worth keeping up with. The character development is starting to happen and interesting plots. Ory and Josh have great chemistry. Just don’t “rush” the shipping business.

Comment by kirads09 – February 3, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Any show where Gina Carano kicks butt is definitely on my watch list.
      and Castle.

Comment by Daven C – February 3, 2014 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THIS –> “Any show where Gina Carano kicks butt is definitely on my watch list.” :-)

Comment by kirads09 – February 3, 2014 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And John Larroquette! LOVE this show!!

Comment by Pop Vulture – February 4, 2014 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Almost Human, The Following and Castle. DVR How I Met Your Mother, Bitten, Being Human, Lost Girl and Mom.

Comment by theresa – February 3, 2014 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth
    The Fosters
    Castle-live
    How I Met Your Mother-DVR

Comment by Tessa – February 3, 2014 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lost Girl, Being Human, Bitten, Intelligence, Almost Human and 2 Broke Girls.

Comment by Justin – February 3, 2014 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hollywood Game Night or Almost Human – Can’t decide which one I’ll watch live and which one on On Demand
    Intelligence

Comment by SK – February 3, 2014 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle. Really looking forward to tonight’s episode.

Comment by Francine – February 3, 2014 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human needs all the live support it can get! Should be an epic ep, too. Gina Carano looks awesome.

Comment by fy – February 3, 2014 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I’ll be watching ‘Bitten’ on Syfy. This show needs to be more on TvLine’s radar.

Comment by Carol – February 3, 2014 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, “Bitten” is getting better with every episode. And so does Laura Vandervoort. She was a bit bland in the first episode, and I questioned if she would be able to carry this show. But from what I saw in episode 3, I think she will be.

Comment by Lambsilencer – February 3, 2014 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human, The Following and Castle for me.

Comment by Julie – February 3, 2014 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth, The Fosters and Castle. On Demand: Almost Human w/ former MMA babe Gina Carano who kick butt in F&F 6 and John Larroquette of Night Court fame.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – February 3, 2014 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s #SuperCastleMondaynight! Itching to see how the Caskett wedding plans proceed this week.

Comment by Rich Abey – February 3, 2014 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast.

Comment by marilyn – February 3, 2014 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, The Following, and Being Human.

Comment by Joey – February 3, 2014 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang good night for tv; Castle, Almost Human, Switched at Birth, Hollywood Game Night, Fosters, Being Human, 2 Broke Girls, Being Human. I’ll PVR Beauty and the beast, but it’s lost me this season
    Lost Girl and Bitten air on the weekend here, but I’d be them tonight if I lived in the US.

Comment by Liz – February 3, 2014 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can”t wait for Castle!

Comment by Kate – February 3, 2014 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth,The Fosters,HoD,BatB,2 Broke Girlls

Comment by Brandy – February 3, 2014 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle’s delay wasn’t worth the one week. The show’s writing has really gone down this year. It is almost sad to think that is a show that I used to love. In their quest to have a more romantic season, they have killed the show’s dynamic. ABC should consider changes at the end of the season. And I’d start with the showrunner Andrew Marlowe. He has clearly lost sight of the show.

Comment by Raines – February 3, 2014 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle’s delay wasn’t worth the one week. The show’s writing has really gone down this year. It is almost sad to think that is a show that I used to love. In their quest to have a more romantic season, they have killed the show’s dynamic. ABC should consider changes at the end of the season. And I’d start with the showrunner Andrew Marlowe. He has clearly lost sight of the show and what made it popular.

Comment by Raines – February 3, 2014 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes. I am saying he should be fired. No one else could do a worse job than him this season. He has taken the messing with the fans to the extreme and I am tired of his gimmicky anti climatic writing. And I know I am not the only person who feels this way. The problem is that whenever a fan gets critical another fan feels the need to toss them under the bus.

Comment by Raines – February 3, 2014 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stop liking the poor quality castle fans. Demand decent stories and decent writing. Them not taking themselves seriously is getting noticed. How long before the network says enough is enough?

Comment by Raines – February 3, 2014 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously?! Not everyone agrees with you about “poor quality”…I, for one, don´t! Some episodes are better than others, that´s all.

Comment by Deo – February 3, 2014 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will be DVR’ing Beauty and Lost Girl. But will be watching Bitten, Being Human and Teen Wolf

Comment by Kris – February 3, 2014 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVR How I Me Your Mother, since I need to watch last week’s. I’ll be watch Beauty and the Beast live; really hoping ratings will go up and we can save the show somehow. I’m not ready for it to be done. On that note, I have no use for Tori and hope she understands fairly soon there is no getting between Vincent and Catherine.

Comment by Hmm – February 3, 2014 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Robin and Ted reminisce about previous relationships”

Oh please, enough already.

Comment by John NYC – February 3, 2014 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve got to pad 72 hours of story time into 24 episodes somehow.

Comment by FatherOctavian – February 3, 2014 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let’s give it a chance – at the very least, this episode, ‘Sunrise’, may be a nice counterpoint to season 1′s episode – “Nothing Good Happens After 2 A.M.” Maybe this time, something good will happen.

We haven’t had a Ted-Robin scene since last May’s “Something Old”. I have a feeling this episode will turn out to be one of Season 9′s very best. Granted, the bar may be set a bit low in S9, but this episode should be quite good. At the very least, it will Robin [CS] as chance to push her character a bit harder than she’s been allowed to thus far in S9. A chance to see the ‘old Robin’ an action.

Comment by Goodbye Universe Guy – February 3, 2014 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hasn’t this whole series been one long reminiscence about previous relationships?

Comment by Pop Vulture – February 4, 2014 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teen Wolf, HIMYM and Hart of Dixie for me.

Comment by Ally Oop – February 3, 2014 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie
    Beauty & the Beast
    Teen Wolf
    Love & Hip Hop
    The Fosters
    Switched at Birth

Comment by Jared – February 3, 2014 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After being very disappointed with The Following last season, I watched the premiere of season 2 and gave up. Still incredibly stupid writing, no improvement. Great cast is squandered. I predict no season 3.

Comment by Tom Mc – February 3, 2014 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth, The Fosters, Castle

Comment by Columbus – February 3, 2014 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Fosters
    Castle
    Intelligence on demand (pardon the pun)

Comment by Mary Morris – February 3, 2014 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

The Fosters
    Almost Human
    The Following
    Intelligence
    Castle

Comment by Steve – February 3, 2014 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human, Beauty and the Beast, The Following, Castle and Intelligence (which I’ve grown to like). Glad I have a DVR

Comment by TexasGreatGrams – February 3, 2014 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “10 pm Intelligence (CBS) | Gabriel and Riley search for a senator’s daughter after she is kidnapped in Mexico. Peter Coyote (Law and Order: LA) guest stars.”

Aren’t they stretching credibility just a bit by having Peter Coyote be Marg Helgenberger’s father? Sure, the 17-year age difference makes it technically possible, but still, it’s a stretch.

Comment by Bob Johnson – February 3, 2014 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human is the only can’t-miss tv tonight for me…

Comment by Pop Vulture – February 4, 2014 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post