Ratings: Blue Bloods Draws Best-Since-Debut Crowd, Five-0 Cops Highs, Carrie Finale Ticks Up

Ratings Blue Bloods Season HighCBS had a very good Friday this week, with all of its shows scoring superlatives.

Undercover Boss, with 9.2 million total viewers and a 1.7 demo rating, drew its largest audience since February 2013 and inched up a tenth in the demo from its last fresh outing.

Hawaii Five-0 then did 11.1 mil and a 1.7, rising 5 percent and two tenths to season highs. Blue Bloods closed the Eye’s night with 12.8 million viewers — its largest audience since its Sept. 2010 series launch (13 mil) — and a best-since-season premiere 1.6 rating.

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing (6.9 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth and The Neighbors (4.3 mil/1.1) gained three tenths, but Shark Tank (7.4 mil/2.1) slipped a tenth.

Fox’s Bones (6.8 mil/1.6), Enlisted (2.8 mil/0.8) and Raising Hope (1.9 mil/0.6) all shed some viewers and two tenths in the demo.

RELATED | Carrie Diaries Finale Recap: California Dreamin’?

The Carrie Diaries finale drew 910K and a 0.4, ticking up a tenth in the demo.

1. sarah says:

So happy for Hawaii Five 0 and Blue Bloods.

2. dude says:

12.8 million viewers and just a 1.6 rating in the demo? DAMN they scew old!

3. Jennifer says:

Matt, how many ten pm shows have better audience numbers then the shows before it? I don’t mean demo, I don’t actually care about those numbers.

Blue bloods was excellent last night as was Hawaii 5-0.

4. r0ckmypants says:

Last night’s Blue Bloods was so good. I was always Team Alaska last season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, but I was LIVING for Jinkx in that guest spot.

5. J says:

1.6 GO BONES! As expected it ticked down with the return of Undercover Boss new…..and as expected H50 gets an uptick due to no new Grimm.

6. E. says:

Enlisted is a gem! Wish Fox would move it to a timeslot where it’s more likely to be discovered by younger viewers.

• Sasha says:

I know right….its adorable

• CJ says:

I really wish that on Tuesdays they’d get rid of Dads, put Brooklyn Nine-Nine at 8, and Enlisted at 8:30. It doesn’t deserve to be on Friday nights. It is such a great show.

• e says:

as a fan of enlisted and someone without a nielsen box who primarily watches the show through hulu anyway, is there anything people like me can do in support of the show? someone i can email at fox? i understand that one voice is not much, but it seems like lots of people like this show, yet the ratings keep going down… i have actually never met anyone with a nielsen box, and the landscape of how we all watch television is obviously changing. i understand dvd+ numbers are eventually considered as well, but am i missing a way to register my tv watching in order to actually make a difference for the shows i enjoy!? i would absolutely hate a show like this to get cancelled just because the scheduling didn’t give it a fair shake. i honestly cannot remember the last time a brand new show PREMIERED on a friday night slot. plenty of shows have been moved to friday’s after poor performance, but this show didn’t even get that chance!

• ... says:

Anytime I’ve seen someone who works at a network asked about this, they always say to spread the word about the show. Talk about it, tweet about it, tell your friends and family to watch – you might not be Nielsen, but there could be someone connected to someone in your social circle who is, y’know? Other than that, just watch the episodes as close to the air date as you can and hope for the best.

• e says:

while it obviously violates 1,000’s of privacy issues, it would be interesting if all viewing options (hulu, live airings, dvr+) were funneled into one number and we were able to see more accurate accounts of how many people are actually watching these shows!

i know that the twitter hashtags of shows like PLL and scandal are monitored and used as conversation regarding how many people are talking about the show and watching it live… that would be such a cool way to judge the views as well, albeit probably unrealistic. if we all could “check-in” on twitter, or even get glue, and those check-ins were registered as views, how would that change what gets cancelled and what stays? i know that older audiences who aren’t as computer savvy wouldn’t use the option, but a more technology focused way to register viewers, as well as traditional nielsen ratings would give a fascinating overview!

• CJ says:

Leave feedback for the network any way that you can. Spread the word to others. Like the show’s Facebook page and follow them on Twitter. Tweet about the show while watching it live. A small but vocal audience can give life to an otherwise sure-to-be-canceled show, but there are obviously no guarantees. It’s worth a shot though. I’d love to see this show come back in the fall. It’s really great.

• cookiekirk says:

E,I agree with you,I found it by accident!! I love this show. Quirkkey and enjoyable,funny,with a hint of seriousness. Good job writers and actors.

7. Badpenny says:

The Blue Bloods episodes about homosexuality and transvestites drew the largest crowd. That cracks me up considering the show skews old and probably conservative. :)

8. Sarah says:

I figured Bones would be down a bit. Hopefully it’ll adjust up, though.

9. Danna says:

That’s what happens when you have a Steve/Danny centric episode. I’m happy for H5O

10. Dee says:

The Blue Bloods episode was really good, sad, but good. I tuned in now that Dracula has had its run.

I thought I saw that Donnie Wahlburg directed the episode?

11. K. says:

Love Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-O! H5O is always better when Danny and Steve are together a lot!

12. amanda says:

I really really wish Bones wasn’t drawing so much attention to the stupid Hodgins is poor storyline. It was annoyingly unrealistic when it happened and just gets more so as it goes on. The Group didn’t own any companies? What happened (and why isn’t Hodgins feeling bad about) all the employees? Who is funding the Jeffersonian now?

Beyond that storylines about money are boring. See also: every time Lorelei needed money on Gilmore Girls.

• cookiekirk says:

I wish they would give Hogins back his money. The powers that be should make that happen. Pelant can’t just die and no further actions were taken to recover all the the things that he stole. Unless, the new girl serial killer has it? You just can take that amount of money and it just evaporates into thin air. Go figure.

13. david says:

Blue Bloods is a terrible drama. It’s the same thing–case of the week–bad acting from Wahlberg-and the obligatory family meal scene. Yawn!

14. Nicole says:

Enlisted was such an amazing episode last night. I really wish they would move it to Tuesdays. Fox has to know what a great show it is. It has a lot of heart. That last scene had me balling like a baby.

15. Sandy says:

Congratulations to Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods! What a fantastic night for both shows!

16. Jlopie says:

Great night for CBS! The team is back together and in fine form on H50 for the remainder of the season! I enjoyed UB and BB as well. I would support Enlisted on a different night. I’ve never watched it since I have a full DVR already on Fridays!

17. Jenn says:

Blue bloods was an amazing episode. Wow.

18. JKR says:

Kudos to Blue Bloods! The episode was different and interesting. It would have been predictable to see a “macho” guy like Danny Reagan be weirded out by the drag queens. And it was refreshing to see him be so considerate of them instead.