Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Encounter Dangers on a Train

Get More: Exclusive, Video

This, I imagine, is why they usually take “the bus.”

As Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. resumes its freshman run this Tuesday (ABC, 8/7c), some strangers on a train are looking to punch Ward’s ticket, and we’ve got your first look at the opening an “off-the-rails” sequence.

RELATED | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to ‘Add’ a Marvel Character

In the episode “T.R.A.C.K.S.,” Coulson & Co. are hot on the trail of the one known as The Clairvoyant, and that finds them booking passage on a mysterious train that seems headed for a “dead” end, if they don’t play their cards right.

The episode — which cast member Chloe Bennet told TVLine is her favorite one to date — also features a cameo by comic books legend Stan Lee.

RELATED | S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets a Visit from Thor‘s Lady Sif — Plus: Clairvoyant to Be Revealed

Watch the sneak peek below, then share in Comments your all-time favorite train scenes from TV and/or the movies. (Mine involve Doyle Lonnegan, Dementors, Eric Roberts and the devastating antepenultimate episode of Chuck.)

Loading video...

Comments (15)

• Looks good… just seems this episode is going to be jammed packed with guest stars

Comment by David Tapia (@DavidTapia) – January 31, 2014 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s just the opening sequence? Man I’m excited for this episode! Thanks for the preview Matt :)

Comment by Christina – January 31, 2014 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the sneak peek, Matt. Both of Chuck’s train episodes are my favourites. And I think the pair that wrote “Chuck vs. the Honeymooners” (aka train episode #1) also wrote this episode of S.H.I.E.L.D., so I’m expecting good things.

Comment by Burkey – January 31, 2014 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice detail to know! Tnx I agree that those were amongst the best. I’m totally excited now.

Comment by EJ386 – January 31, 2014 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that blonde woman reminds me of the blonde woman from the opening of the pilot where ward is recovering the chitauri device in paris, i wonder if its the same actress? if she is then thats how the team gets made. i wouldnt be surprised if she is given that this is the last of the original 13 ordered so it a definite possibility that they will link it back into the start.

Comment by Alan – January 31, 2014 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad the show seems to be finding itself a bit. Hoping that’ll keep up.

Comment by Spinning Maze – January 31, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Firefly: “The Train Job”

Comment by Craig C. – January 31, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll “ditto” this!

Comment by Tina – January 31, 2014 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just say that as an Italian this was the best thing ever and it was also sort of hilarious, but BRETT SPEAKING ITALIAN, MAN.

Comment by Alice – January 31, 2014 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks awesome! Can’t wait!

Comment by Kim – January 31, 2014 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Looks bloody good!

Comment by Rich Abey – February 1, 2014 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Firefly: Train Job; Alfred Hitchcock: Number Seventeen, 39 Steps, The Lady Vanishes, North by Northwest; Jim Jarmusch: Mystery Train; Sergej Konchalovsky: Runaway Train.

Comment by Thomas – February 1, 2014 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Silver Streak. Gene Wilder. Favorite train movie!!!

Comment by blzbubba2 – February 2, 2014 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you would like to improve your experience just
    keep visiting this web page and be updated with the most recent
    news update posted here.

Comment by 3 Days to Kill Telecharger le film – March 3, 2014 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is the blond actress speaking italian on the train

Comment by Chris – March 9, 2014 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post