CBS' Extant Adds Newsroom's Grace Gummer

Extant Season 1 Cast Grace GummerGrace Gummer will be aboard CBS’ Extant when it launches this summer.

The Newsroom actress will play Julie, who — along with Goran Visnjic’s John — is behind the creation of robot prototypes like Ethan, the son of John and Molly (played by Halle Berry).

RELATED | Where — Besides CBS — Can You Watch Extant?

Extant is a mystery thriller that follows Molly, an astronaut trying to settle back into her home life after a year-long solo mission. Ultimately, her experiences in both space and at home will lead to events that change the course of history.

In addition to playing Jim’s Vassar-obsessed love interest on The Newsroom, Gummer’s resumé includes roles on American Horror Story: Coven, Zero Hour and Smash.

Extant, from CBS Television Studios and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment, is scheduled to bow Wednesday, July 2, at 9/8c.

1. dft says:

and her mom is meryl streep…

• Jinjeon says:

Yup. Nepotism at its worst. If she at least was talnted but no, the girl has no acting talent whatsoever. All her performace that I’ve seen were so awful. Her sister Mammie is okay actress but this one is just… ugh.

• Pan says:

I’ve never seen her before. Does she eat human food or bird seed? That’s quite a beak.

• Gwen says:

I wasn’t going to comment on this because you obviously need a remedial course in grammar, but I have to ask if you have even watched “The Newsroom” – not that you could understand it because it requires some degree of literacy. Grace Gummer does just fine as an actress regardless of your opinion.

2. Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins
    to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve
    worked hard on. Any suggestions?

3. heLLpaso says:

Yeah, cause every famous actors son/daughter automatically gets starring gigs in all kinds of shows.

• Will says:

For those who are famous enough, uh yeah! (i.e. Meryl, Will Smith, etc) ..don’t think if Brangelina’s kids wanted to act they wouldn’t get a plum role.
      Also her sister, Mamie Gummer, even starred in her own series on The CW last season: Emily Owens, MD. As someone who has worked in entertainment, yes there is plenty of nepotism and preferential treatment; they don’t operate like normal industries.

• Parker says:

Not to mention Charlie Sheen & Emilio Estevez, Colin Hanks, Emma Roberts, Josh Brolin, Michael Douglas, Nic Cage, etc. etc. etc.

4. Lore says:

I like her, she is very talented, hope this show sticks

5. Superb blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost
    on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform
    like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there
    that I’m totally overwhelmed .. Any tips? Cheers!

6. muzycznym says:

What’s up colleagues, good paragraph and pleasant arguments commented at this place,
    I am truly enjoying by these.

7. 2017 says:

I was recommended this website by my cousin.
    I’m not sure whether this post is written by him
    as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble.
    You are incredible! Thanks!