Exclusive

Exclusive Castle Sneak Peek: Rick and Kate Make a Major Decision About the Wedding

Having previously locked into a timeframe for their wedding — September — Castle‘s Rick and Kate are on the verge of taking another big step toward their big day, as seen in this exclusive sneak peek from Monday’s episode (ABC, 10/9).

RELATED | Review: Castle‘s Riff on Devil Wears Prada Is More Than Skin Deep — Plus: Wedding Dress Photos

As the episode “Dressed to Kill” opens, the discovery of a fashion magazine editor’s dead assistant segues into Martha fawning over bridal fashions that are “to die for,” though daughter-in-law-to-be Kate can’t quite get past the “girly,” gauzy vignettes.

RELATED | Castle Season 6 Spoilers — Badass Beckett, Sweeps 2-Parter Status

Nonetheless, there is gold to be found in this mound of mags, as Rick digs up in the video below. (ZOMG DON’T MISS THE FINAL 1/100TH OF A SECOND.) Could it be that this wedding is really happening?

Loading video...

1. Kira says:

That entire scene was perfection!!! Loved Castle’s crack about the 50% divorce rate lol He knew exactly what to say to make Kate smile :) And that little smile Castle has right before Kate kisses him is adorable!!!!

2. Angela says:

OMG!! I cannot wait!! This little teaser is exactly that…a tease!

3. DarkDefender says:

I love it!

4. JC says:

That’s cute. :)

5. Carolina says:

SQUEEEE!!! Too cute! And the old Castle is back. Finally he smiles again.

6. Francine says:

Very cute! Love your note about the last 1/100th of a second :)

7. Annie Sisk says:

AWWW! I’m loving this. So, we’ll probably get the wedding in next season’s premiere, then? I’m good with that.

• Carolina says:

I wouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch Annie. Andrew Marlowe has hinted that the wedding might not take place in September after all. I’m just hoping that we actually get a wedding and not some 3XK drama interrupting the nuptuals. Caskett has gone through enough angst, both now and presumably in the future, they deserve a day (or episode) of happiness. I have a sneaking suspicion that AM is allowing us to see the dress and the wedding venue now because he has no intentions of the wedding actually happening. I would be THRILLED to be wrong though.

• Just one thing says:

It does feel like they’re providing a LOT of setup and details just for things to to sideways. I actually don’t mind that route, because I like the notion of drama that is very much “Rick and Kate against the world.”
        I do wonder how they’ll properly resolve 3xK considering someone posted something about him being on Chicago Fire. Hope he’s free when they’re ready to wrap it up. Same goes for Annie Wersching and Jack Coleman.

• shirley says:

I hope you are wrong.
        To do this to the fans would be so wrong.
        AM knows we have waited.
        I think he would be playing with fire ( as the saying goes- I’m old school) if that should happen.

• Just one thing says:

There are so many ways they can go about it that could still be cool in the end. A comedy of horrific errors, like issues with their venue and dress alterations gone wrong. Enough bad luck for them to finally say, “Screw the details, we’ll make do with what we have left!” It might not be perfect, but it could be perfect for them.

8. LA Hope says:

Oh, so sweet!!!
    I was actually rewatching Motive season 1 and checking this page in the time, but I couldn´t resist watching this! Now I´m even more excited for the next episode, and, well, I´m ill, and have nothing more to do, so, I´ll spend the whole weekend watching Castle, and other great shows!!

9. I just love Castle. It took a minute for me to warm up (only after it displaced the Mentalist on TNT), but I’m so tickled they’re a cpl, planning their wedding. Kate upsets me at times being…such a woman (Bahahaha) like me, but I sure hope the writers don’t go ape-nutz on us at the end and brk em up. It will brk my heart. I love them together!

10. auntiemm says:

K. Martha said she was there in the 70’s. Could it have been where she met Castle’s father? Just a thought.

11. Apples says:

Cute scene!

12. Yay! Now all the people who have been complaining about the lack of physical romantic scenes can STFU.

13. Pat says:

That clip was so adorable of them agreeing on the venue. Now,lets hope that the dress we have seen her in is just something she tried on and will not be the one that she picks. Yes, I am back to the dress, that gaudy looking Vegas Show Girl dress!!!!!!!!

• frankie says:

That dress is beyond gaudy, Vegas Showgirls. They could substitute it for the ball that is dropped in Time Square on New Years Eve. What an eyesore. What’s with those two big white things. They cheapen the already bargain basement look. Stana doesn’t need all that Christmas decoration. With her beauty, she could more than supplement a dress with straight lines and simple details. Call the fashion police and have the designer arrested and banned from fashion forever. Joan Rivers, where are you? SOS, (Save Our Stana).

14. Janice W says:

I definitely hope they have the wedding and eventually bring little Castles into the picture. This show could turn out to be another Hart To Hart like Stephanie Powers and Robert Wagner starred in. They could travel all over the world solving crimes together and he could continue writing novels. I know I would love it and I hope other fans would also enjoy it.

• shirley says:

I love that idea. I was a Hart to Hart fan.
      Sounds like a great idea.
      I’m sure Marlow would not ever think of that one.
      Probably does not fit his agenda, but cute idea!!.

shirley

15. Tom says:

Well at least he didn’t kiss her on the forehead again. I’m curious why they are doing a September wedding when there’s a sweeps period in November? I realize September would kick off the new season, but blockbuster ratings in November would probably easily get the show renewed for another season.

16. James D says:

adorable seems like an apt description for those two. I’m getting pretty excited for this episode.

17. Manuel Schuster says:

I don´ t understand why some poeple write that the wedding dress Looks hideous. In my opinion Stana Katic is looking pretty in it.

• Carolina says:

See, that there is the problem. Stana would be stunning in a flour sack, so for her to just be “pretty” when she’s wearing it makes that a hot mess of a dress. Where oh where is David Tutera when you need him?

• Manuel Schuster says:

Hello Caronlina!

You are right that the marvellous Stana Katic is pretty, good lookong and sexy even if she wears a potatoe sack. Bur nevertheless I find the wedding dress Looks beautiful in my eyes. I amlooking Forward ti the Episode DRESSED TO KILL.

Many greetings from Cologne / Germany

Manuel

18. Rich Abey says:

- Thank heavens they kiss at last, or else I might still be listening to my fellow Castle fans ranting on & on about the lack of smooching!
    – Wonderful scene. Martha, Kate & Rick are turning out to be quite the trio.
    – Besides Matt thanks for all the ‘Castle’ tit bits! :)

19. Manuel Schuster says:

I forgot to mention that I am looking forward to see DRESSED TO KILL, because CASTLE is a wonderful show ( espacially with the cute, lovely and adorable Stana Katic ). I hope so much that ABC produces also a seventh season ( maybe with Caskett twins Richard and Kate Junior ). Answers to my post are welcome!

Many greetings from Cologne / Germany by Manuel Schuster

20. Teri says:

Seeing Kate Beckett wedding giddy is awesome. Stana Katic can portray a woman in love like no other. Love the wedding planning and just want a normal wedding with NO drama.

21. lame says:

I read itunes UK released “Dressed to Kill” early, as of yesterday. Something similar happened last season with “Still”. I thought Beckett said she didn’t want something girly or gauzy.

22. Janice W says:

I think they will go to the Cordova House for their honeymoon and there they will find a murder mystery to solve. Anyone agree with me? I also think Teri is right about the wedding. Just keep it simple and down to earth.

23. Dory says:

Really fans. What would Kate be without those great legs, slim body gorgeous face and eyes? Oh right ME.

24. Dragonfly says:

noooooooo to the dress! it is just plain ugly! Stana is beautyfull, don’t make her wear that hideous outfit they call a wedding dress