Banshee Renewed for a Third Season

Get More: News, Renewals

Banshee Season 3 RenewedLucas Hood and the Banshee brood will be back for a third season, Cinemax announced Thursday.

RELATED | Cinemax Renews (and Cancels) Strike Back

The Emmy-winning action series, now in its second season, will continue with a third outing in 2015. Maybe then we’ll find out Lucas’ real name?

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the renewal.

Tags: ,

Comments (45)

• whooo hooo!

Comment by VMarsConfessions (@VMarsConfession) – January 30, 2014 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, and according to Anthony Starr you will burn in hell for eternity if you don’t watch it. I love this show but that tweet was a huge turn off.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 30, 2014 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering it’s Antony Starr, the tweet wasn’t from him, so you can go ahead and like the show again.

Comment by Brian Garlick – January 30, 2014 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As stated in my comment I love the show but so sorry that I spelled his name incorrectly but the tweet was from him, sadly. @AntonyStarr, it’s verified.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 30, 2014 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So, I guess you don’t have a sense of humor. Your loss.

Comment by Mark – January 30, 2014 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have a wonderful sense of humor, but I don’t consider telling someone they’re going to burn in hell for eternity for any reason humorous. And I’m not even religious.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 30, 2014 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I bet you’re a blast at parties.

Comment by Dr_Michael_Savage – February 19, 2014 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • jesus says you will burn in hell for blasphemy, how do you feel about him?

Comment by Peepeeclops – March 15, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely your choice and definitely your loss if you choose to dump #Banshee. I am already eeeeeeeeeagerly awaiting the premiere of S3!!!

Comment by MrsOliverQueen (@MsAlkaline) – March 8, 2014 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO MUCH YES!!!

Comment by Lo – January 30, 2014 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news.

Comment by stickbmak – January 30, 2014 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Gaara – January 30, 2014 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GREAT GREAT GREAT show. I can’t help rolling my eyes at why Lucas has to have every woman he meets ride him like a horse, or why there’s the token gay character (love you Job) and so little actual GAY… but damn it do I love this show.

Comment by Ian – January 30, 2014 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, ALL very valid points :-) :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 30, 2014 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well he was in jail for 15 years. And it is Skinemax. They probably also want the 15-35 male demo, so that’s probably why there’s no actual GAY. Though Game of Thrones manages to cap that demo and include gay romance.

Comment by Dr_Michael_Savage – February 19, 2014 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for the renovation!

But I have to ask, in what category did the show win an Emmy for?

Comment by αrmαиdo α. – January 30, 2014 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Supporting Role

Comment by Nina – March 29, 2014 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank You Cinemax! Congratulations to all involved!

Comment by Liz – January 30, 2014 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I love the show, it has everything you need for an entertaining show. Now I hope they reconsider renewing Strike Back too after this upcoming season.

Comment by Pati – January 30, 2014 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really pleased by this renewal! Love the show and the actors/actresses in it!

Comment by G – January 30, 2014 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is horribly uneven, but i love it nonetheless! Awesome news!

Comment by justsaying – January 30, 2014 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All for the sake of entertainment, enjoy it before it gets cancelled like Strikeback. This is a cinemax business plan.

Comment by Terry – January 30, 2014 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love Strike Back. Not happy it’s ending.

Comment by Lia – January 30, 2014 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They said they only want 5 seasons. Strike Back got 4. I think it’s safe to say they’ll get the 5 seasons they want.

Comment by Dr_Michael_Savage – February 19, 2014 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. It’s one of my favorite shows.

Comment by Mark – January 30, 2014 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already loving season two, knowing there’s a third season makes it even better! I don’t even care what Lucas’ real name is but I wish the show would let Anthony use that New Zealand accent.

Comment by jenferner8 – January 30, 2014 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show and wish more would discover it and Cinemax! Second runs of the series need to air on NF or somewhere!

Comment by DavidSask – January 30, 2014 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show as well, but it is rather brutal! And Rebecca!! Just waiting for her Uncle to bed her! Must happen.

Comment by Colleen – January 31, 2014 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My new favorite. Replaces NCIS as a cannot miss.

Comment by Carolyn – March 7, 2014 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is awesome

Comment by will – March 9, 2014 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show so much it upsets me that tonight is the last of season 2. I wish they would show every six months, or every night would. be great for me I love looking @ me some Hudd !!!!!!!

Comment by Debra Setzer – March 14, 2014 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe we have to wait until 2015 for season three!! Extremely happy it’s coming back :)

Comment by Carrie – March 14, 2014 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show I’m amazing I’ll bathe in cow blood!

Comment by Matt – March 14, 2014 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Banshee banshee banshee. Season 1 was by far better but either way,best series ever. Consider ideas from all fans so banshee can last at least 10 seasons. I see it ending no time soon…. 2015 way too long too wait..dam I can’t wait……….

Comment by stax – March 15, 2014 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have to wait till 2015 f**k i can’t wait

Comment by Dj – March 15, 2014 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Favorite show on tv! This show sucks you in from the start! Anyone know why such a huge break between seasons?? Can’t wait for season 3!!!

Comment by Mark – March 15, 2014 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sucks that emit and his wife got killed. They better start the season off with those white dudes in then can. Complete game changer for me watching that!

Comment by Ian – March 15, 2014 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show! Best thing to watch on a Friday night. Excited for season three. Keep the series rolling…

Comment by TJ – March 16, 2014 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope to see more of Job in season three – Hood, Job, and Sugar are such a great trio

Comment by TJ – March 16, 2014 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Banshee,Hood and especially JOB he funny smart lovable more Job and Suga banter Hooked Hooked Hooked….

Comment by Jaime Irby – March 17, 2014 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Banshee !!! Great news that they’re doing another season. The show and actors kick ass. It’s also so cool that they film some scenes at The Valley Motel…..I live right by it . Can’t wait for Season 3 already!!!

Comment by Savage,T – March 17, 2014 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited,can’t wait for S3.It one of my favourite shows.Its so sad I have to wait to 2015.

Comment by Vanessa – March 23, 2014 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why so long live the show bbc.co ut to long of a wait

Comment by raymond – March 29, 2014 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show and all the characters in it.I,ll be 70 in december,l hope that I live long enough to see season three

Comment by willy – April 15, 2014 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post