Ratings: Supernatural Hits a New 3-Year High, State of the Union Dips a Bit Vs. 2013

Supernatural Season High RatingsThe CW’s Supernatural scared up a second consecutive week of superlative numbers, thanks to — or despite going up against — President Obama’s State of the Union Address.

RELATED | CW Boss Talks Supernatural‘s Inevitable Renewal

Drawing 2.76 million total viewers (per finals), the long-running drama rose 4 percent to net its biggest audience in more than three years, since Oct. 15, 2010 (“Weekend at Bobby’s”). In the demo, Supernatural ticked up a tenth to a 1.2, tying its Season 9 high.

Opening The CW’s night, The Originals did 2.32 mil and a 1.0, dipping 10 percent and a tenth in the demo.

RELATED | Mad Men Creator Responds to Show’s Surprise State of the Union Shout-Out

UPDATE: The combined broadcast and cable coverage of the aforementioned State of the Union Address amassed 33.3 million viewers, down a smidgen from last year’s 33.5 mil.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your February Calendar of 55 Premieres and Finales

Fox’s fresh Dads was flat at 4.0 mil/1.5, while NBC’s penultimate Biggest Loser (6.6 mil/1.7) shed two tenths.

1. Riana says:

I knew the Originals would lose viewers. You don’t kill off one of the more popular characters midseason.

2. x says:

I wonder why so many people turn to watch Obama lie. Im glad I didn’t watch. Maybe.next year Tvline can recap the state of the union.

3. Sam says:

Haha good for Dads, so I got a buddy who likes Dads but also seems to like high brow comedies like Arrested Development and Parks and Rec. How weird is that?

4. Fan says:

Supernatural still has a loyal audience, I’m starting to think we might get season 11!

• Brooke says:

Starting to think? Please, it’s been one of the CW’s highest rated shows for years. It will keep getting renewed until the actors say they’re done or the showrunners decide it’s time to end. The network dreads that day given the dismal ratings most of its shows get.

5. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Somewhere out there, a Belieber saw those Supernatural numbers and had a total breakdown. Two weeks of huge numbers after vowing to get us cancelled has to burn.

6. Daisy says:

Last night’s Supernatural wasn’t my favorite ep but I’m glad it did so well.

7. Sebastian says:

Who in their right minds would choose the president over supernatural?

8. Lilacs26 says:

Is it just me or is Tvline not putting up recaps lately like I watch the shows but I like to read them anyways and read the comments and also comment on them. But I checked there’s no supernatural recap or originals I mean I think they got lazy with not putting up the recaps becuz I really love the recaps to comment on and see what people thought of the episodes. I hope Tvline gets back on top of it. I love reading the spoilers and all but I also go to Tvline for the recaps of my shows

• Yanez says:

I agree Lilacs26. I feel like at some point this website did do Supernatural recaps? I could be wrong but I thought they did recaps on The Originals too. I wish they would start doing more stories on Supernatural though. Its a very good show and there are tons of fans.