Haven Renewed for Supersized Season 5

Get More: News, Renewals

Haven Renewed Season 5Patience is a virtue, Haven fans.

Some six-and-a-half weeks after Season 4 concluded, Syfy confirms for TVLine that the Trouble’d series has been renewed for a double-sized Season 5.

RELATED | Syfy Changes Up Monday Night Time Slots

All told, viewers have 26 new episodes to look forward to — the first 13 of which will unspool in the fall.

Haven Season 4 had averaged 2.3 million total weekly viewers, up 3 and 11 percent in the 18-49 and 18-34 demos, respectively.

RELATED | Syfy Orders Legion-Inspired Dominion to Series

Series star Emily Rose announced the unexpectedly very good news on Tuesday afternoon, on Twitter:

Is this a more Haven-ly outcome than you possibly could have anticipated?

Tags: ,

Comments (126)

• And 6 episodes for you Warehouse 13 :( not that I don’t really enjoy Haven just letdown from losing both WH13 and Alphas (yet still not over it)

Comment by Amy – January 28, 2014 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • completely agree with you! we started out really liking Haven however this last season it’s been really lacking and don’t like the story line at all! we may or may not watch it!

Comment by suzyku – January 28, 2014 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Disagree, I loved season four. Hope Jennifer returns, Audrey gets referenced and Nathan, Duke and Dwight continue bemoaning – and more Vince and Dave of course. I miss Jordan and the psychologist though.

Comment by cmbackshane – January 28, 2014 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Damn auto-correct. Bro-ma- n-c-ing.

Comment by cmbackshane – January 28, 2014 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I am so glad you corrected that! I was thoroughly confused…and trying to decipher what exactly you were referring to. :)

Comment by JK – January 28, 2014 03:22 PM PDT
      • i dont believe that any sane or even mostly insane person could think that this season has been lacking at all. as a matter of fact i believe that it got way better because of the new story line.

Comment by angelicbrownies – March 23, 2014 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • although i do agree with you about WH13 and Alphas. they were amazing shows

Comment by angelicbrownies – March 23, 2014 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the same way :(:(:(

Comment by sandra arce – January 28, 2014 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree about missing Alphas. Wish the show was renewed.

Comment by Bobbi – January 28, 2014 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Warehouse 13 had a good life, I can normally let go after 5 seasons when a show is given a chance to end on its own terms. But Alphas was definitely taken too soon.

Comment by ben – January 28, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Happy about Haven renewal AND agree with your sentiment about Alphas. Not even over that cancellation yet. It will take me a long time more to get over it. Such a great show! What is wrong with SYFY!

Comment by Laura – January 28, 2014 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its that all you care about when you hear good haven news, then maybe you should be sad on posts about Wh13 and Alphas. This is GREAT NEWS. GO HAVEN!

Comment by laura – January 29, 2014 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • when does season 5 start on haven?

Comment by marcella – March 15, 2014 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have been wanting to know that myself. I have been to six websites now to find that out. They all say the renewal with 26 new episodes (although this site is the first with all the whining about other shows being cancelled.) but none say when the new season starts.
        I (depending so long as it stays as strong a story line as it is now) hope it gets renewed for more seasons. I also could complain about a few great shows getting cancelled such as Eureka, Jericho.. just sayin.

Comment by Shelley – April 3, 2014 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Comment by tp – January 28, 2014 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! even though I don’t like waiting so long for new episodes.

Comment by mary – January 28, 2014 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Given that Eric Balfour has been tweeting fans “good news is coming, just wait” for a couple weeks now this is hardly a surprise. Kinda “spoiled” it. But good news, I hope. Not sure how much of the story there is left to tell but I’ll be watching.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 28, 2014 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • theirs always more story to tell. otherwise no shows would ever last. its called being good writers.

Comment by hannah – January 29, 2014 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Of course there’s always more story to tell. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 29, 2014 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m beyond thrilled about this! Haven has a lot more story to unravel. Now if they can just work on getting Emma Lahana back as Jennifer.

Comment by Kate – January 28, 2014 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fabulous news!

Comment by Judy – January 28, 2014 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news! A rare win for SYFY!

Comment by Dukesmakesmeswoon – January 28, 2014 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY.

Comment by Sarah – January 28, 2014 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doing my HAPPY DANCE!!!!! Finally, a show I love NOT being canceled! I’m thrilled.

Comment by sampersan – January 28, 2014 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on A Room of One's Own and commented:
    This is the best news I’ve gotten in weeks, people. I will post more later about how much I love this show, but if you haven’t seen it yet, I encourage you to start. It’s amazing.

Comment by bubblewrappedkitty – January 28, 2014 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news I’ve heard all week! *bounce*

Comment by lore – January 28, 2014 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You do realize that its cancelled after the supersize season though.

Comment by BrianR – January 28, 2014 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *snicker* seems obvious :-) We’ll see, a lot can change in that much time. But………..

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 28, 2014 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is likely true, but this way getting 13 more episodes than I expected from it.

Comment by scifi451 – January 28, 2014 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably but it has 26 episodes to wrap up a storyline and basically a tiny show like Haven getting six seasons and it’s own finish is a success in my book. So even if the final 13 is the last 13, I’ll still be happy.

Comment by Josh – January 28, 2014 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do hope they tell the writers if they are going to cancel it after the 26 or not it would be great if they had a chance to write a true ending with out having to worry about leaving anything open in case they get more. I am thrilled about this news! I mean that takes us to 6 seasons and even though they are short cable seasons that is still a good run for any show.

Comment by ejdax37 – January 28, 2014 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First of all, yes Ofcourse we realize that it will be cancelled but we know the series won’t have ended on a cliffhanger, but you never know the viewership might be up and they may continue, you just never know, so STFU YOU DOUCHE! KTHNX

Comment by Cookie – January 29, 2014 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all these characters! So pleased.

Comment by Luanne – January 28, 2014 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can hardly wait…I really enjoy this show!

Comment by Beverly – January 28, 2014 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I love Haven!

Comment by Amy – January 28, 2014 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • love it too!

Comment by phyllis maher – February 18, 2014 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just found the series on Netflix and love it and doing a marathon run of it to catch up. I had a question and wondering if there is like a fansite or forum for the show to write questions, theories, thoughts etc..? I found I have many thoughts, questions theories and would love to hear others’ thoughts.

Comment by Shan – February 19, 2014 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So True. I found them on Netflix also. And finished up on holu with season 4. There are lots of things I found thay left open and would love to know what they are going to do with them. like the ring Vince gives Audrey…They never say what that means! Did Audrey As Sarah Merry Vince? Exc…

Comment by Esther – March 25, 2014 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHHHH! yay for Haven!! I watched Haven on Netflix right before season 4 started. i’m so happy about the super sized season 5!!! :D :D

Comment by Elyse – January 28, 2014 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So a double season split in 2… in other words, 2 seasons. Let’s call it what it is.

Comment by Tone LG – January 28, 2014 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EW is suggesting it’s a technical thing. Studios usually have to pay more when contracts expire and seasons are renewed so they’re ordering seasons 5/6 as one season to keep costs down. IE. They’re cheap.

Comment by dude – January 28, 2014 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @dude – thanx for answering my “why did they do that” query I was just about to post :)

Comment by Fido – January 28, 2014 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I always wondered why cable channels did this one big season split into two halves over two years thing. What a silly thing.

Comment by ben – January 28, 2014 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s great that they didn’t order a 20 episode season, like they did with WH13 and Eureka.

Comment by Ryan – January 28, 2014 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most likely this is the final season. I think SyFy is using the same loophole that Lifetime used for Army Wives a few years ago. They are essentially ordering seasons 5 and 6, but calling it season 5 because the cast is still under contract.

Comment by Don J – January 28, 2014 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactamundo.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 28, 2014 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well it seems obvious that it will be the swan song, but I’m still happy to know that this show will get a proper ending and they now have the time to write a well thought out final story. A 13 ep season would already have made me happy, but 26 eps is really an awesome surprise for me :)

Comment by Olivia – January 28, 2014 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 26 eps is fantastic! I love Haven and it just keeps getting better! It makes sense that Syfy are calling it season 5 so as to keep the cast under contract, but to me that speaks to this NOT being the final episodes – sounds like SYFY want to keep their options open in case they do renew again, in my understanding most cast members are contracted for the first six seasons.

Comment by txp – January 28, 2014 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they are going to broadcast 13 episodes this fall and the other 13 next year. I guess this way is cheaper for them, but for us, viewers, it’ll make no difference, we’ll have 13 episodes per year, as always. It’s like they’d have renewed it for two more seasons.

I hope this is the last season, the show is getting out of ideas.

Comment by JoshHale – January 28, 2014 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know and it is still awesome! One normal season is good, two seasons or one twice as long is better :)

Comment by EJ386 – January 28, 2014 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I love this show and hate to see it go I agree.

Comment by tp – January 28, 2014 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay !! *happy dance*

Comment by Olivia – January 28, 2014 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t they do this with eureka only to change their minds and do a final 6 episodes?

Comment by Gail – January 28, 2014 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so pleased, just got into it! I find Eric Balfour so hot!

Comment by lqza – January 28, 2014 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed he is hot sorta like a young johnny depp!

Comment by priscilla – January 28, 2014 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha, and he agrees!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 28, 2014 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for the Haven fans!

Comment by Jared – January 28, 2014 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just glad they’re giving them what we basically know is an end-date. That gives them time to wrap the series up, rather than the hurry job that Eureka had to do. I still miss that show.

Comment by Bella – January 28, 2014 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t trust Syfy to deliver on this super-sized season. There are numerous cases in the past–probably most prominently, Eureka and Farscape, when they renewed a show for a certain number of episodes, and then either cut back on the order or un-renewed it. I don’t trust them until the episodes actually air.

Comment by Rob – January 28, 2014 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And that is true too. :( Hate Syfy.

Comment by JC – January 28, 2014 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was genuinely surprised by this news……until reading your comment. And you’re right…..they did that to Eureka. So I am now cautiously optimistic.

Comment by Alichat – January 28, 2014 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What did they do to Eureka? I thought they ordered a 13 episode 5th season and then added one after cancellation was announced.

Comment by Ryan – January 28, 2014 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, what happened was that they ordered a 13-ep 5th season and then ordered 6 episodes for a sixth, final season, which they hinted might have been expanded into a longer, final season. And then, after the fifth season was fully written and almost completely done filming, they canceled plans for the sixth season all together. The show would’ve just ended there without a final episode, but after fan backlash and negotiations with the show’s producers, Syfy gave in and allowed them to pen and shoot one final episode, all of which had to be done on the fly. Which is at least better than they treated Farscape, which was assured it had a fifth and final season and so its writers arced it thusly, and they then canceled and gave no hope of continuation, until the producers were finally able to raise the capital to shoot a closing miniseries, years later.

Comment by Rob – January 28, 2014 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I remember now about Eureka, thanks. Didn’t know about Farscape, although it makes sense after watching it.

Comment by Ryan – January 28, 2014 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I hope it’s true and that SyFy doesn’t back out, but I won’t hold my breath. The fact that the numbers went up in the desirable demographics is encouraging, though.

Comment by dragons3 – January 29, 2014 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Wasn’t expecting that, but that is good news. Like Amy, however, I can’t help but wish Warehouse 13 had gotten the same deal. :( I wonder if this has anything to do with the less than stellar ratings for Helix and Bitten. Were they waiting to see how those shows did before making a final call on Haven?

Comment by JC – January 28, 2014 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m super happy about this! I love Haven and Nathan and Audrey are one of my favorite tv couples ever! Bring on seasons 5 and 6! For once Syfy made the right call, was almost afraid they were going to give up on Haven to bring us more awful reality shows.

Comment by Barb – January 28, 2014 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY ! So happy .This means more Nathan and Audrey . I hope . :)

Comment by omnikey1 – January 28, 2014 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!!! I hope we will get answers to Audrey’s original personality and where she and William come from. I love the cast and their interactions with the fans on twitter.

Comment by Robert – January 28, 2014 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! It’s a shame SyFy couldn’t have been at least half as generous for “Warehouse 13″‘s final season.

Comment by JeffDJ – January 28, 2014 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You don’t know how happy you’ve made me Matt. Seriously, this show and all its lead actors are just amazing.

Comment by MM9 – January 28, 2014 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no idea this has been on for so long

Comment by Jared – January 28, 2014 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t liked the story line this last season so it’s been difficult to watch. I hope it gets back to everything that made it good before so I can anticipate each new episode as I did from the very beginning. Congratulations on the renewal, though.

Comment by Claudia – January 28, 2014 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what do you mean? what don’t you like about it? it has cleared a lot of unanswered questions in the show. Like why is Audrey so important? What does she do in the barn when she goes in..and why does she have to be gone for 50 years or whatever? Why is she being punished, and where did this punishment come from? Why does she come back with a new personality everytime? And Who is she really?? They answered all of that, beautifully I might add. I love that she was originally a little bad ass. The direction they can go with this now….endless storyline. Why would you want things to stay the same? I don’t get it…that’s how shows get cancelled…by not changing and evolving. Warehouse 13 got cancelled…because it was the same thing..over..and over..and over. It’s lucky it got as far as it did. Great show in it’s own right though. You are more then welcome to have your own opinion, I’m just wondering what you are basing this opinion off of?

Comment by Chris – February 8, 2014 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got hooked on Haven on Netflix and the bought season 4 this is great news!

Comment by Tasha – January 28, 2014 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So good news, bad news. We get a season with double the number of episodes, but that can mean that this is the last season. Hopefully the ratings will be good enough to justify a sixth season.

I’m hopeful that the season will reveal more about “Audrey”. I for one think she might be the girl we see in the old picture shown in the opening credits, and that everything in them hints to the truth of who she is and where she comes from (I haven’t seen the last three episodes of the previous season yet, so this may have already been debunked or verified).

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 28, 2014 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe they already established that is her in the old pic in the credits a couple of seasons ago or at least that’s how I saw it.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 28, 2014 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If they have, I don’t remember. Must be because of the long gap between seasons. Details like that can get lost.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 28, 2014 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed, sometimes I have to go back and google previous seasons of shows to review because of how long it’s been.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 28, 2014 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOBBLED up four seasons in less than a month. I’m so happy there’s more. Love it.

Comment by cmbackshane – January 28, 2014 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thrilled!! One of my favorite shows. I disagree with some of the comments that this show has ran out of story lines. I could easily see it going into six or seven seasons. I DO agree with the idea that you can’t trust SYFY. Alpha’s, Eureka, and now Warehouse 13. I hate to get attached to their shows because the network jerks them off too soon.

Comment by Ruth – January 28, 2014 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOORAY!!! While it’s likely true (given how SyFy seems to prefer having 5 seasons for its shows) that it’s the final season, I’m so thrilled that it’s technically enough for a 5th and 6th season and they’ll have plenty of room to work toward an ending with all the questions answered.

Comment by Brooke – January 28, 2014 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very happy – I was waiting on this. I love the chemistry on the show.

Comment by Margaret – January 28, 2014 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited! But I agree with all the people who think this should be the last season. Give it a decent ending and let it go out with style instead of some rushed half assed job that results in a horrible ending. I love this show and I will be extremely disappointed if they can’t give it a stellar ending. Here’s to #HavenSeason5

Comment by Momo – January 28, 2014 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy the show got renewed for season 5 for a lot of episodes! Can’t wait to see next season in the fall.

Comment by Joey – January 28, 2014 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such great news. I was really worried they were going to cancel it unceremoniously after that cliffhanger and leave us fans in the lurch with a presumably evil Audrey, therefore cementing my disdain for Syfy. With 26 episodes of life, even if it is the final season, they have ample space to give the fans a satisfying conclusion to the story. Now I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that they don’t pull a Eureka and instead cut the order and cancel it within days of this announcement.

Comment by Cassandra – January 28, 2014 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they going to do a traditional Fall/Spring set with this or are we going to do an AMC season where we get 13 Fall 2014 and 13 Fall 2015?

Comment by Thilia – January 28, 2014 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s how Syfy does it. Anytime they do these super size “seasons” half of the episodes air one year, and then the rest almost a full year later. They did it with Eureka, they did it with Warehouse 13, and I’d bet a generous amount of money that’s what they’re going to do here.

Comment by Chris Leonardi – January 28, 2014 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, they spread Eureka over seven years that way, even though it technically only had five seasons.

Comment by JC – January 28, 2014 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is GREAT news! So glad to hear it. Love Haven!

Comment by Gina – January 28, 2014 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment by Tricia – January 28, 2014 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renewal for Haven is the best news I’ve had all week.
    I can even tolerate the miserably cold weather now.
    Congrats to Haven! Love the show!

Comment by dvikib – January 28, 2014 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The press listed a whole bunch of executive producers – that didn’t include Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, who were listed as “The series was developed by Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn.” That gave me some cause for worry…

Comment by Sheldon W. – January 28, 2014 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • woo hoo!!!!!! excellent was thinking haven was done looking forward to season 5!!!

Comment by rebecca – January 28, 2014 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My favourite tv show of all times, we haven’t missed an episode since it started (had to pvr when on holiday!). So happy it’s returning.

Comment by Vanessa – February 7, 2014 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW, I`m Happy for us Havenites and The actors!!!!! Good job, We all pulled together.

Comment by Richey – January 28, 2014 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post