Exclusive

Beauty and the Beast Exclusive: Genre-TV Vet Christopher Heyerdahl Cast as Vincent's [Spoiler]

Beauty and Beast Christopher HeyerdahlNow that Beauty and the Beast‘s Vincent is out and about, it’s time for him to reconnect with some faces from his past — and one of them looks a lot like the always awesome Christopher Heyerdahl.

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast EPs Talk VinCat’s ‘Destiny,’ Valentine’s Romance, ‘Fulfilling’ Reunion

TVLine has learned exclusively that Heyerdahl will guest-star on the CW drama as Dr. Nicholas Markus, Vincent’s medical mentor and a respected physician with tenure at Vincent’s former workplace.

Vincent crosses paths with Markus at St. Benjamin’s while trying to save someone, effectively putting the good doctor in a predicament that could potentially end his career.

RELATED | The CW’s Midseason Schedule: Star-Crossed Monday, Beast Takes Spring Break, New Time Slots for Three Shows

Heyerdahl’s lonnnng list of colorful TV credits includes — but is by no means limited to! — Hell on Wheels (where he plays The Swede), True Blood, Supernatural, Sanctuary and Stargate: Atlantis.

Beauty and the Beast airs its sophomore run’s 11th episode tonight at 9/8c; Heyerdahl will appear in Episode 14.

1. TVfan says:

Thanks for Beauty and the Beast news. Looking forward to Season 3! BATB VinCat

2. angelaparaboschi says:

He is a great actor #BATB

3. Michelle says:

Don’t forget that he was in Twilight!!!

4. Evenmoor says:

I remember Christopher Heyerdahl primarily from Stargate: Atlantis, where he portrayed not one, but two significant recurring characters (Halling, the leader of the Athosians, and the totally awesome life-sucking, joke-making Todd the Wraith). Todd is my favorite non-good-guy character in all of Stargate, followed closely by Cliff Simon’s Baal.

5. Liz says:

Awesome! I love Heyerdahl!!

6. Samson says:

Thanks TVLine! Wish there was more Cat scoop from BATB! I love this show so much! OMG Tonight VinCat is back! Amazing episode excited for USA fans to watch tonight!

7. Autumn says:

Great news. I love everything he is in but especially Sanctuary.

• liz says:

Sanctuary was a hot mess, but I LOVED him as Jack the Ripper. Thankfully we have fanfic to correct the messes of the show lol.

8. sarah says:

“Beauty and the Beast” is a show ugly and boring with bad actors, like two pieces of wood, the network should cancel the show because it has a rating of 0.3 …. too low!

9. BeastieA says:

Love him can’t wait to see him in Beauty and the Beast

10. Alasteir on Supernatural, “Todd” and Holling on SG:A, Zor-EL on Smallville, and now BatB. For a second there i thought the article would say Vincents father. there is a passing resemblance.

11. Phyllis Strickland says:

Love beauty and the Beast but I can’t stand Cat. What a self-centered bit**. Vincent needs to find someone else he is too good for her

12. Sl says:

We know Vincent can still sense Cat and their bond so that is a good sign. I am liking that Gabe is patient and realize there are still feelings and lingering issues with Cat and Vincent and he isn’t pushing an issue or anything so he gets points for that. Tori is a whiny girl and lacks confidence if she has to shove a beast bond to rile up Cat because she knows Cat and Vincent have a natural bond and feelings not one laced by something forced. She will never truly have Vincent. I liked the episode.

13. Shannon says:

I love Gabe and Vincent having a litte manly chat and I bet Vincent can smell Cat around Gabe and it shows in his facial expressions he is not happy. Even his words are empty..

14. Shannon says:

the writers messed up in last night’s episode unless I missed something. Vincent doesn’t have all his memories back from his Reynolds mind wipe so he shouldn’t know about Vincent almost killing him and Tess shooting him with Tranqs in season 1. Doesn’t have much going for his lack of trust in them currently. Funny how Tori has to use her beast connection and brings it up constantly because she is jealous and can never compete with Cat and their love and natural connection.

• Shannon says:

plus Tori can’t control her beast side, so maybe Vincent should work on that with her. Tess gets extra points for being a good friend and balanced unlike J.T. who is easily dismissing Cat and all she did for them and pushing Vincent to Tori.

15. Shannon says:

I don’t trust FBI Landon and hope someone does a background or look her up. How did she investigate the necklace and know things in the first place?

16. Shannon says:

loved the episode. Agent Landon seemed non to disturb about the situation and not even thinking of strategy more and more I do not trust her.

• Shannon says:

Yeah cat kicks butt!!! She can hold her own against a beast but was it her doing or the necklace that amplified things? yeah cat reached the old vincent and we see a little bit of the adoarable vincent! I am glad Cat spoke from the heart! Funny how FBI Landon is more interested in Tess and profiling her and trying to get in with her and what she is hiding than trying to figure out a way out of the hostage situation. it was as if Landon wasn’t that interested or bothered by the hostage situation. So there is more to the neckalce than meets the eyes and prevents Vincent from beasting out? so it isn’t control it is so he can have normacy or something? Yeah Vincent chose to save Cat! Vincent and Cat had a moment of old that was sweet! Gabe knows he can never really have Cat but he is still a good guy about it. Vincent sees the stuff between Gabe and Cat and from his face he is hurt and knows he did wrong things and such. Yes Cat finally admits some tough truths, but also some good truths too and for the fact she didn’t fall in love with current Vincent, but the old Vincent who was all about good and saving people which showed a little of that return tonight. Take that Tori… you can never have Vincent you may have a beast bond but you will never have his love or him!

17. anita fields says:

I like Gabe, but not with Cat. Why don’t they put him with Tree. Get rid of Torri she is a trouble maker. I think Cat can take her since she knocked the beast side of her out. I have enjoyed the storylines. Keep up the good work

18. Sl says:

I liked last week’s episode and hating this one. Especially with whiny tori and the implications of intimate relations between tori and Vincent and her saying Vincent promised her the future and she always goes her own way and never listen or learn. I can handle tori better if she was in a more teacher and mentor with Vincent instead of love interest and can’t doing anything except complain and totally jealous of cat because her feelings and stuff is more natural than hers with Vincent. I hated the robe scene with tori and Vincent. I am not looking forward to anymore episodes especially Valentine day and it looks like they are working too fast and in a hurry to get Vincent on the right path and back to Cat. I don’t want it to be easy or rushed especially when so many things need to be hashed out and discussed etc..
    I don’t trust landon or the guy in the cage with J.T.
    I am really hoping this show gets a third season because cat doesn’t deserve to just be easily set aside and than have Vincent just come back so easily when Vincent needs to get back with Cat and out of the doghouse.

19. Sl says:

Again don’t like that tori died and that is what caused Vincent to say he chose wrong is annoying and wish they picked a better way and if tori was alive Vincent wouldn’t admit his feelings for cat still and his monologue about can’t stand anything happening to cat seem more real and believable. So far this season he is the cause for most of the hurt to cat especially choosing tori and his beast side of cat. I am apprehensive about Cat and gabe and don’t like Vincent going on primal and possessive over cat and be jealous from I can tell from the previews. He can’t have it where tori is alive and he is with her to her dying and all of a sudden he wants cat back and can’t deal that cat is trying to test the waters elsewhere. If tori was alive and cat got to gabe and Vincent got jealous and realized his feelings would have been better. He acted like tori was purely innocent and everything and didn’t like they turned her into a martyr. Why does this Barnes guy need the serum anyway if they had the research and such? I don’t trust Sam guy…
    I thought beauty and the Beast and getting better and on the right track and nice and slow stuff but nit sure after this episode and didn’t really like it. I am not a really big fan of dark Vincent. Why did they drain all of tori blood? Did he think she had to prove something? Cat already gave the Vincent speech about who he is for saving people and it takes J.T. basically copying it for Vincent to sort of see things. Vincent casted cat aside twice now and he has a very long road to go to get cat back and prove himself and earn not only her trust but love back. He can’t just keep waltzing back in like nobody’s business. It is time for cat to be the one who doesn’t do the waiting…

20. Domino says:

I’m disappointed that Tory had to die before Vincent admitted to Carherine he chose wrong. Just like with Alex, he always has to “explore” his feelings elsewhere before he can commit to Cat. I love VinCat but Cat deserves to be 1st choice.

• Sl says:

I totally agree…

• Sl says:

I also hate that they turned tori into a martyr… I hate that Vincent was more upset with tori and her death than his feelings for cat and his confession of choosing wrong didn’t seem real or believable. I am disappointed… I really wish he expressed his regret first and didn’t make tori die…
      The episode was all over the place and choppy and I don’t want that.
      I hate that Vincent promised tori a future and such and now that she is dead Vincent is more torn up about her and such and did more for and with her than Cat. I hate that now that tori is dead that Vincent all of a sudden goes back to Cat and not really liking J.T. and him being all over the place with advice. Also Vincent goes from crying over tori to saying he chose wrong and loves cat and couldn’t bear to have anything happen to her. Hello has he been around all season and seen what has occurred to Cat and a lot is on his plate for the cause. I also kinda of hoped Cat would give Vincent and earful about yes he chose wrong but also admire she didn’t and let him have piece. I hope they keep J.T place because I like that set. I am glad Cat is given a chance to explore other people even if it is with Gabe who I don’t trust still. I really like Tess because she is a good friend and actually gives good advice and doesn’t push Cat one way or another which I was hoping for and haven’t gotten from J.T not even last season except one time.

21. SEO says:

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few
    months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

22. Roman says:

I hardly drop responses, however i did some searching
    and wound up here Beauty and the Beast Exclusive: Genre-TV Vet Christopher Heyerdahl Cast as Vincents [Spoiler] – TVLine.
    And I do have 2 questions for you if you usually do
    not mind. Is it only me or does it appear like a
    few of the comments come across as if they are coming from brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are posting on additional online social sites, I’d like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
    Would you list of all of all your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?