Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Blacklist, Downton, Parks and Rec, White Collar & More

The end of January is nigh, which means it’s time to stick a fork in at least one of your 2014 resolutions and cook up one that’s easier to follow.

How about this? “Never miss an installment of TVLine’s Quotes of the Week!”

RELATED | Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

Then again, what kind of loon would ever skip our roundup of the small screen’s best zingers, one-liners, bon mots and retorts from the last seven days?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, Once, Grey’s, NCIS, Revenge, Five-0, Banshee and More

This time around, we’ve got a some Downton Dowager goodness, a Sherlock blog item, some new-agey Trophy Wife, a silky White Collar run-in, a Parks and Rec upgrade, a double dose of Sleepy Hollow and much more. So click through the gallery below for our latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed!

Comments (24)

• The only one of these I actually watched was Caroline on Vampire Diaries.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 26, 2014 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you won’t use math.” Mozzie to baby Theo after discovering the clues/solution to the codex in Theo’s mobile.

Comment by Betsy – January 26, 2014 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Retch. Not wretch.

Comment by aunt_deen – January 26, 2014 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And the plural of bon mots is bons mots. Tsk tsk.

Comment by Tico – January 26, 2014 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought it was “bons mot”.

Comment by Delia – January 27, 2014 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOL at many of these quotes, but especially the ‘Sherlock’ one!

Comment by JM – January 26, 2014 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! That was really a funny scene.

Comment by Hodan – January 26, 2014 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is just excellent and i could assume you are an expert
    on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to
    keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

Comment by music – January 26, 2014 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only one missing here is the “What color are your shoes?” in Arrow!

Comment by Azerty – January 26, 2014 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the Sleepy Hollow stuff, thanks for the bonus one too. There were a few other lines from that episode I loved like when he had Abbey’s cell phone and decided Yolanda was better listener then Suri.
    I’m a bit disappointed there’s not a single Boyd Crowder quote this week. He’s the only character who uses 10,000 words to speak what should be a 5 word sentence and yet he still manages to sound like he knows what the hell he’s talking about. While watching last Justified episode I half expected to a large portion of his dialogue on here.

Comment by jenferner8 – January 26, 2014 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can always count on the best quotes coming from Sleepy Hollow’s Icabod. He nails it, every time . Cannot wait for the return of this show. I am hoping for a quick and speedy Spring and Summer, so I can resume hearing more of his quotes.

Comment by Pat – January 26, 2014 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I choose to forge my fate with you!! #swoon

Comment by KCC – January 26, 2014 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ichabod: Admit it. You appreciate me a little…
    Abbie: Microscopically.

Comment by Jen – January 26, 2014 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was so cute :). So many awesome moments between them in the finale-I’m pretty certain my heart melted during the “I choose to forge my fate with you” scene. I just sat there going, “Ohhhhhhhh…” over and over again. And Crane’s reaction to the Reenactment stuff, and his constant rants about cell phones…hilarious.
      Good to see “Community” listed in here, too-Jeff and Britta’s argument was hilarious. I think my favorite quote, though, had to be Abed’s line about the homing pigeon, just in case Troy wanted to find his way back home. Made an already heavily emotional moment that much more poignant.

Comment by Angela – January 26, 2014 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really, you passed on the Shield “chips passing in the night” pun for some of the mundane comments here??? You must really hate puns because that one was funny! Thought the AHS quote was great and, of course, anything Blacklist’s Red says is usually quotable, though.

Comment by arial2 – January 26, 2014 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops, my bad; meant Intelligence’s pun, not Shield.

Comment by arial2 – January 26, 2014 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE kooky Myrtle and her hysterical sartorial quips. PolPot in Givenchy might have been my fave.

Comment by Lola – January 26, 2014 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spader could read a cereal box and make it entertaining. I’m so happy to have him back on my tv!

Comment by dq18 – January 26, 2014 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Danny and Mindy finally happened !! – Yeah I just watched like 20 episodes today in the hope it would happen. ahhh, tv procuration

Comment by Melanie – January 26, 2014 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Banshee “what is worse than have your nuts crushed with a bat? Have it done again”

Comment by chad – January 27, 2014 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On Parks: “Oh no, this one’s dead.” As the man held a stalk of cauliflower next to his wife’s broccoli. I lost it!

Comment by brycealexander – January 27, 2014 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where’s Revenge’s Daniel??? can’t believe that was left out!

Comment by Ellen Kal – January 27, 2014 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post