Exclusive

Exclusive The Originals Video: Elijah Begs Rebekah, 'Don't Provoke Klaus!'

How do you solve a problem like Klaus?

On next Tuesday’s The Originals (The CW, 8/7c), Rebekah and Elijah find themselves disagreeing about how to handle their troublemaker brother, and we have an exclusive first look at their war of words.

RELATED | The Originals: Is [Spoiler] Really Dead?

Both sides present compelling arguments — Klaus is a bully who needs to be stopped, maintains the gal who got repeatedly daggered by him. But hey, he’s really trying, insists the ever-optimistic Original (before begging his sister not to provoke the King).

Press PLAY to watch the preview and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Whose side are you on?

Loading video...

1. Ally Oop says:

Good clip. Such good well-developed characters and the storylines are interesting. I’m hoping this show maintains its current writing and doesn’t become like Vampire Diaries which I am now watching almost out of habit. The Originals is my favourite new show from this season and I look forward to seeing Elijah, Klaus, Rebecca and Haley each week. On a side ote, wtf was with that Klaus/Caroline hookup this week on VD? Klaus showing up was a tad bit weird, wasn’t it? I found it a bit of putting.

2. Lena says:

I love Klaus, Elijah, and Marcel. I think Charles is doing a great job on the Originals, especially since he is becoming the “Bonnie” of the Originals with the fans. Nothing he can do is right, according to the TVD fans, but this doesn’t surprise me. After all, when they cast him the role, fans were complaining because he wasn’t white.

3. Liza says:

That Klaus/Caroline hookup on TVD was AMAZING!!! Wish she was on The Originals instead of Cami.

• deme says:

The hookup was amazing. The actors have fabulous chemistry and at some point the writers were destined to go there at least once but goodness no to Caroline on T.O. The character has a teen drama feel to her that would be so out of place on the more adult TO. Hell, as much as I enjoyed the scene, Klaus felt out of place in MF as well. And really the two makes no sense together considering the history w/Klaus, Caroline and Tyler.

4. anna says:

Sorry but shouldn’t he be jumping around and singing about rainbows or something? Caroline admitted she liked him, slept with him and didn’t says she wouldn’t come find him in the future … Klaus should be saving orphans and things

5. Naazneen says:

All I got from that was: Elijah is back in a suit. I’ve been loving that coat, but I’m so happy to see suave Elijah! Plus, more Haylijah angst. Loving this show!

6. RichieS says:

Is there any hope for Rebekah and the vamp in the concrete block prison?

7. b says:

#TheOriginals The Originals and Sleepy Hollow are the best genre shows of the 13/14 season. The people behind both of these shows are the best at what they do! The Originals is must see tv. I had only seen the first season of TVD, which I bought on DVD, and the first season of the originals is superior. I now watch both shows but if I had to choose between them I’d chose The Originals. <3 Thanks TVLine for giving us, the fans, news, spoilers, and recaps.

8. Isobel says:

@anna the timeline maybe different between the shows as I don’t see Klaus and Rebekah happy with each as they are on TVD and after last episode I don’t think they’d leave town as it’s dangerous for them

9. ticktock says:

Love Sabine, Elijah, Klaus and Marcel. They’re the only reason I’m tuning in each week.

10. Tarc says:

The Originals work so very much better in their own show than the total misfire they had on VD. The setting, the plots, and the adversaries make so much more sense on every level than the (most smaller in scope) teenaged drama on VD.

11. Lynn says:

Elijah wonderful acting love him…….great dynamics with the family and he is awsome on Saving hope as Dr Joel I get to see this actor twice on Thursdays yahoooo

12. deme says:

This show is the best of CW’s offerings. The biggest appeal is the absence of triangle garbage and the focus on family dynamics, whether born or created.

13. Implosion says:

I love this show! However I am getting a bit dismayed by it. The first nine epi’s of the show versus epi’s 10 and 11 seemed to have been written by different writers. The first installment of episodes seemed to have been written with the view of an adult audience, whereas the newer epi’s, after the break, seem to be written with a teenage/young adult viewership in mind. As well, the focus of the show seems to be all over the place versus staying on point about the baby and the power struggle in the quarter.

Further, I think that the show has a diamond storyline with Klaus and Hayley and/or Elijah and Hayley. Think about it….it would be interesting to see Klaus and Hayley together in a War of the Roses type of relationship, all the while Elijah and Hayley pine for one another. Too many missed storyline opportunities happening right now on the show, all because the writers seemingly can’t decide if the show should be adult or young adult in focus. I will also say that I think that Cami, Devina and Sophie as characters of the show seem to out lived their usefulness in terms of the story. They seem to be in the show, but operate as though they are not part of any of the storylines….if that makes sense.

Rethought and a rework is needed for the shows upcoming epi’s.

14. Tom says:

Elijah is amazing anytime he shows up. Klaus can be too one dimensional. Like a child throwing a tantrum.

15. Nadera says:

Hailey and Elijah have such good chemistry I wish they could be together. Klaus belongs with Caroline. When she is ready she will come looking for him. They would make the perfect couple because she could balance him out. The love of a good women and all.