Pilot Scoop: Sharon Stone to Headline TNT's Buzzy Action-Drama Agent X

Sharon Stone Agent XSharon Stone‘s basic instinct is telling her the best material is on TV.

In what would mark her first full-time series gig in three decades, the Oscar-nominated actress has signed on to headline TNT’s action-drama pilot Agent X, TVLine has learned.

Penned by William Blake Herron (The Bourne Identity), the project finds Stone playing America’s first female Vice President, Natalie Maccabee. Initially apprehensive that her job will be ceremonial in nature, she soon learns that it comes with a Top Secret duty: protecting the Constitution in times of great crisis with the aid of her Chief Steward and a secret operative designated “Agent X.”

Stone’s TV credits include the 2001 HBO movie If These Walls Could Talk 2, three episodes of ABC’s The Practice and guest stints on Will & GraceRoseanne and Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. Her only previous full-time series gig was Steven Bochco’s early-80s baseball dramedy Bay City Blues, which was axed after just four episodes.

1. Terry says:

any chance Killwe Woman will be back. I just love that show.

2. tdelp says:

whoops Thats Killer Woman

3. LuLu says:

I remember when she was on episodes of Remington Steele, Magnum PI & TJ Hooker.

4. Looney says:

Agent X …. When?

5. pat says:

Who is replacing lee t.Young? Or how s ‘r they explaining his absence?

6. Lilacs says:

When are we likely to learn Elementary is a ‘safe’ to return next fall.

7. Carolyn Stern says:

I am glad to see TNT doing something finally that’s not a reality series. I love Major Crimes but I used to watch TNT all the time, and now that’s all they have. And just finished the last episode. Those reality shows I guess are cheaper to make but are people really watching them?

• Kathie Menker says:

I hate reality shows, too, but TNT does have Perception and Rizzoli and Isles coming back soon. I hope King and Maxwell comes back, too. It was good to see Jon Tenney as Agent Howard in the Major Crimes finale.

8. christine says:

That is a very silly premise.

• Paris says:

It has bomb written all over it. Sharon Stone is unlikable and not relatable. So, no.

• benis says:

couldn’t agree more. did TNT learn nothing from king & maxwell? (i had to look up the title, it was so bad with unlikable unmemorable everything i just remember it as “the crappy show with rebecca romijn”)

9. Mary S says:

So, what show are they cancelling in order to make room for Agent X? I agree with Paris: I have never enjoyed Sharon Stone: she is unlikable and certainly not relatable, either. I have never believed any of the characters she portrayed. So, I repeat, tell me, please, what show are we losing so they can make room for this unknown probable loser?

10. Mary says:

King and Maxwell was cancelled. I think that whole storyline about Rebecca Romijn’s character trying to go back to the Secret Service gave the show a subplot it didn’t need and kind of made viewers think she was leaving the show. Edgar and Benny were great supporting characters. Anyway, I hope Jon Tenney returns to Major Crimes more regularly, if not full time. Major Crimes still can’t equal The Closer in terms of quality, but it’s must-see TV and might grow into The Closer’s shoes in a few more seasons.

11. betty says:

how many scandal episodes will jon tenney appear in/looking forward to seeing his new character opposite the mellie character as a love interest for her on scandal

12. Danyelle says:

Is it “ask a random question in the comments section of a Sharon Stone story” day? What if I don’t have one? When will “The Jeffersons” get remade?

13. Well i’m interested in this, Sharon Stone is by no means a great or average actress, i think she will surprise people if the writing for the show and her character is anything from good to great then she will deliver her best acting.

Of course my favourite performance of hers was as Ginger in Casino, but shes made a few terrible films in the last 10 years which people should not judge her solely by. With the show penned by the person who wrote the bourne identity i think this show sounds promising and i hope it can add some more familiar acting talent to the cast.