Syfy Changes Up Monday Night Time Slots

Get More: Scheduling News

Lost Girl Time Slot ChangeSyfy’s acquired freshman drama Bitten will now be let off its leash two hours earlier, moving to Mondays at 8/7c effectively immediately, the cabler announced on Thursday.

In turn, Lost Girl will return to its 10 o’clock perch.

RELATED | Cable Ratings: Syfy’s Helix Gets Off to a Soft Start

The switcheroo comes two weeks after Syfy debuted its new Monday line-up.

Being Human will stay put at 9.

Comments (17)

• probably to move it away from Teen Wolf so there’s not two werewolf shows on at the exact same time.

Comment by A.D. – January 23, 2014 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My sentiments exactly. i wonder if they realized what they did when they scheduled Bitten to be against Teen Wolf.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 23, 2014 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that Syfy acknowledged the existence of Teen Wolf – and Bitten’s inability to beat it – will you finally acknowledge it too? No spoilers from your site since October. Do you have some personal beef with the show or what?

Comment by Kati (@timotey) – January 23, 2014 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • huh, well, sort of whatever because I record the whole night when it starts rerunning at 11. Probably they looked at it and past the pilot, if Bitten follows the book, it kind of becomes more of a pg rated romance in that department but (spoiler) Lost Girl for as much as they are all a family on the show as much as the pack is, the main character is a succubus.

*Clay already kind of considers them married, and Elena just wants (when she gets past her own fairly legitimate issues) a human ceremony but recognizes the wolves believe they are fully mated

Comment by Kate – January 23, 2014 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw the syfy channel in the headline of this article. I used to be a watcher of that network, but after one show after another went bust (that could have used some support from said network), I have given up. They could air a show with smash bang reviews and I’d stay away as its only a matter of time before they give up on any show in their line up in favor of the Big Fake Monster That Ate (enter city of your choice Movie.

Just my subjective opinion. I certainly wish them well, though.

Comment by KenL – January 23, 2014 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they think it’s best for the Lost Girl viewers to be more drowsy while watching this season. They might not nitpick how screwed up the narrative is.

Comment by Susanne – January 23, 2014 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glad I am not the olny one scratching my head at the mess of this beginning – holy moly its is a cluster #$%!

Comment by RUCookie – January 23, 2014 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes… It was so much fun and now it isn’t any more :(

Comment by EJ386 – January 23, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome because Teen Wolf is at 10.

Shouldn’t be competing with Bitten. Good Job Syfy. This is good for both shows.

Only if CBS wasnt stupid, they should have taken off Intelligence from 10pm away from Blacklist and Castle.

Comment by Crest – January 23, 2014 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried to watch the pilot episode of bitten and in my opinion it was so boring and slow.
    I watched about 30 minutes of it and couldnt watch anymore.

Comment by king – January 23, 2014 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve actually never seen the Teen Wolf series, so I can not comment there. That said, so far Bitten has my attention. I really don’t think I’ll make it through this season of Lost Girl though. It has out done itself in the weird department imo. It is also a little too adult for 8pm even more so than Bitten.

Comment by Leslie – January 23, 2014 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should it is funnier than many of the comedies, builds a real mythology, is less centred around relationships than most teen shows, and has many good looking half naked guys. What else could you want in a show ;)

Comment by EJ386 – January 23, 2014 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you, I am officially tempted now. :)

Comment by Leslie – January 23, 2014 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering the sexual content of Lost Girl, I thought it was strange that they would schedule it at 8. This makes more sense.

Comment by Babygate – January 23, 2014 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would have left it alone. I had Monday nights set perfect. Lost girl, Being Human, followed by Archer. Now I have to wait until midnight to watch Lost girl. For those who are saying that there is to much sexual content for the previous time slot, children shouldn’t be watching it to begin with. It’s TV MA, with sexual content etc.

Comment by Natasha – January 27, 2014 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love bitten. I’m a fan of the books. I can’t wait each week to see each episode. I can’t wait until the season is over and I can buy it on dvd.

Comment by amber – February 18, 2014 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bitten just started reading the books because of the show, as for Lost girl and Teen Wolf I’ve never watched either of them and as for Being human I only watched the original BBC version of the show years ago. As far as time slots go I could care less what time a show comes on that’s what DVR is for.

Comment by Tawanna – February 28, 2014 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post