American Idol: Relive Harry Connick Jr.'s Best (and Funniest) Week 1 Moments!

It’s no secret that neophyte American Idol judge Harry Connick Jr. created more good will with viewers in a week than Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj managed in an entire season — combined — during last year’s bad-vibes spectacular.

VIDEO | Reality Check: Celebrating Harry Connick, Jr. and Idol‘s Week 1 Standouts! Plus: Can J.Lo Be Trusted?

But on the off chance you missed Idol‘s two-part premiere, or simply need a little pre-show pick-me-up before tonight’s installment (8/7c on Fox), we’ve put together a slide show of Connick’s finest Week 1 moments.

RELATED | Spoilers on Nashville, Grey’s, Scandal, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Once and More

Click through the gallery below for the whole enchilada, then hit the comments and sound off if we missed any of your favorite zingers!

1. RD says:

That guy has made Idol fun again. Hallelujah!
    Watch out,The Voice……

• jabbathewocket says:

We can only hope that live shows live up to the same level as the taped auditions.. J Lo and Stephen Tyler looked promising at the start as well.. I reserve judgement until we see how Harry handles the producers trying to sway the audience with comments etc (heres hoping that with Harry around Keith will stay on the side of the light and not agree to do the devils work !)

2. omar says:

OMG he’s hillarious! My fave judge.

3. Tarasa says:

Love love love him. I hope he keeps doing what he’s doing. Challenge the viewers (and fellow judges). Lyrics matter. Don’t let people (including producers) disrespect the machine. Bring the funny but keep the constructive criticism. Throw one jibe a week at Randy (he totally deserves it)

4. Jim Welker says:

Harry makes the show worth watching! I wasn’t watching it this year until He became a judge! Best Judge ever!

5. Jim Welker says:

I thought the funniest line was Harry saying he’s actually a HOLOGRAM! He said it in a very quick comment kind of way, indicating he’s so big he’s not needed there, he’s actually a hologram! I can’t remember his exact words, it was so fast, but I thought that was hilarious!

6. Kim R says:

Harry is the only reason I am watching Idol this season. I left after the treatment of the contestant who’s name begins with H and did not return. Until now. So far, so good.

7. Jennifer says:

I love these judges!!! I won’t miss this season for sure! Harry is hilarious!!!

8. sg54 says:

Hopefully the idea that American Idol’s Facebook page shared this proves that they watch (and care) about what Slezak has to say :)

9. tealeaves says:

Ha! I love the 2nd slide you show Harry’s face right there when JLo was hugging the fan. That in and of itself was funny.
    You could have shown Harry and Keith trying to do a split, too.

Harry is a gem. Keith has his moments too. The 3 of those judges together is a good combination so far.

10. marjorie1923 says:

Just as long as he doesn’t become a “negative and sarcastic” judge like Simon .

11. Stormy says:

Apparently 13 is the charm. This judges’ panel is superb.

12. JAO says:

I’m just wild about Harry! The 3 judges together are finally something worthwhile !

13. deb says:

Harry is the reason I have now set my DVR to #Idol ! You guys got it right this year and I will be back to watch all season! Thank you!

14. Terry says:

Really wish they hadn’t brought J-low back. Nothing will make me tune in as long as she’s on the panel. Not even Harry, no matter how good you say he is.

15. Ethel says:

I have not watched Idol since Adam Lambert was cheated out of the win(same with Melinda Doolittle) but caught part of the show last night as I was channel surfing. What a breath of fresh air, I think I am back watching Idol. I have always been a Harry Connick fan so this is going to be a great season,Which judge has inherited “dawg” as a comment this season>

16. shar says:

Harry is the best thing that has happened to this show since it started. They finally have a perfect fit with Harry, Keith, & JLo.

17. thirteen says:

i love you harry! marry me

18. gayla schock says:

Harry is a fool. He cut Johnny Newcombe, I can’t believe this still. With all the screeching girls and glee singing guys you pushed thru – you cut this kid??