American Idol: Relive Harry Connick Jr.'s Best (and Funniest) Week 1 Moments!

It’s no secret that neophyte American Idol judge Harry Connick Jr. created more good will with viewers in a week than Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj managed in an entire season — combined — during last year’s bad-vibes spectacular.

VIDEO | Reality Check: Celebrating Harry Connick, Jr. and Idol‘s Week 1 Standouts! Plus: Can J.Lo Be Trusted?

But on the off chance you missed Idol‘s two-part premiere, or simply need a little pre-show pick-me-up before tonight’s installment (8/7c on Fox), we’ve put together a slide show of Connick’s finest Week 1 moments.

RELATED | Spoilers on Nashville, Grey’s, Scandal, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Once and More

Click through the gallery below for the whole enchilada, then hit the comments and sound off if we missed any of your favorite zingers!

Comments (19)

• That guy has made Idol fun again. Hallelujah!
    Watch out,The Voice……

Comment by RD – January 22, 2014 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We can only hope that live shows live up to the same level as the taped auditions.. J Lo and Stephen Tyler looked promising at the start as well.. I reserve judgement until we see how Harry handles the producers trying to sway the audience with comments etc (heres hoping that with Harry around Keith will stay on the side of the light and not agree to do the devils work !)

Comment by jabbathewocket – January 22, 2014 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG he’s hillarious! My fave judge.

Comment by omar – January 22, 2014 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love him. I hope he keeps doing what he’s doing. Challenge the viewers (and fellow judges). Lyrics matter. Don’t let people (including producers) disrespect the machine. Bring the funny but keep the constructive criticism. Throw one jibe a week at Randy (he totally deserves it)

Comment by Tarasa – January 22, 2014 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry makes the show worth watching! I wasn’t watching it this year until He became a judge! Best Judge ever!

Comment by Jim Welker – January 22, 2014 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the funniest line was Harry saying he’s actually a HOLOGRAM! He said it in a very quick comment kind of way, indicating he’s so big he’s not needed there, he’s actually a hologram! I can’t remember his exact words, it was so fast, but I thought that was hilarious!

Comment by Jim Welker – January 22, 2014 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry is the only reason I am watching Idol this season. I left after the treatment of the contestant who’s name begins with H and did not return. Until now. So far, so good.

Comment by Kim R – January 22, 2014 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love these judges!!! I won’t miss this season for sure! Harry is hilarious!!!

Comment by Jennifer – January 22, 2014 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully the idea that American Idol’s Facebook page shared this proves that they watch (and care) about what Slezak has to say :)

Comment by sg54 – January 22, 2014 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha! I love the 2nd slide you show Harry’s face right there when JLo was hugging the fan. That in and of itself was funny.
    You could have shown Harry and Keith trying to do a split, too.

Harry is a gem. Keith has his moments too. The 3 of those judges together is a good combination so far.

Comment by tealeaves – January 22, 2014 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just as long as he doesn’t become a “negative and sarcastic” judge like Simon .

Comment by marjorie1923 – January 22, 2014 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apparently 13 is the charm. This judges’ panel is superb.

Comment by Stormy – January 22, 2014 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just wild about Harry! The 3 judges together are finally something worthwhile !

Comment by JAO – January 22, 2014 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry is the reason I have now set my DVR to #Idol ! You guys got it right this year and I will be back to watch all season! Thank you!

Comment by deb – January 22, 2014 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really wish they hadn’t brought J-low back. Nothing will make me tune in as long as she’s on the panel. Not even Harry, no matter how good you say he is.

Comment by Terry – January 22, 2014 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have not watched Idol since Adam Lambert was cheated out of the win(same with Melinda Doolittle) but caught part of the show last night as I was channel surfing. What a breath of fresh air, I think I am back watching Idol. I have always been a Harry Connick fan so this is going to be a great season,Which judge has inherited “dawg” as a comment this season>

Comment by Ethel – January 23, 2014 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry is the best thing that has happened to this show since it started. They finally have a perfect fit with Harry, Keith, & JLo.

Comment by shar – January 23, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love you harry! marry me

Comment by thirteen – January 24, 2014 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry is a fool. He cut Johnny Newcombe, I can’t believe this still. With all the screeching girls and glee singing guys you pushed thru – you cut this kid??

Comment by gayla schock – February 6, 2014 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post