Exclusive

Exclusive Sneak Peek: SVU Teams Up With the Original Law & Order's Connie Rubirosa

Law & Order worlds collide this Wednesday when Alana de la Garza brings the character of Connie Rubirosa to SVU — and we’ve got a first look at her introduction to Benson and Rollins.

RELATED | Chicago P.D.‘s Sophia Bush to Cross Over to Law & Order: SVU

In the episode “Jersey Breakdown” (airing Wednesday at 9/8c, on NBC), an underage runaway is found raped and beaten under the Highline.  That brings “acting squad commander” Benson and her team in contact with Rubirosa, who in her previous Law & Order: Original Flavor and Los Angeles incarnations was an ADA, but now is back in New York heading up a federal task force targeting underage sex trafficking.

Press play to watch Benson and Rollins meet and strategize with their partner on the investigation.

1. Heather says:

I loved her on L&O! It’ll be neat to see her on SVU.

2. Pat D. says:

I’m still po’d that they wrote the character of Jack McCoy out by having him leave the DA’s office (mentioned in a prior SVU ep)…would love to see Waterston back at some point for a cameo.

• David4 says:

They needed to write him out of the universe because he went to The Newsroom. However with that ending he could show back up for some lame reason.

• Pat D. says:

They didn’t have to write him out of office, IMHO,—he would always send Cutter (Linus did guest on SVU) or one of his other ADAs to do most of the interaction with the SVU squad. I mean, I can’t recall offhand, but I could swear we haven’t seen any of the current DA in an episode of SVU—just ADA Barba.

So, its not like it would be unusual for Jack (as DA) to be absent, and would need to have left the office. Just seems weird to me that they felt the need to definitively say “McCoy is no longer the DA”.

3. Esaul says:

Can’t wait! :D

4. I could not hear what Rollins said to Mariska at the end, but it did not look like Mariska liked it with the look she gave her.

5. David says:

I loved her in Law and Order! I hate that show ended the way it did. It really did reinvent itself and the last couple of seasons were some of it’s best. I still hope fit some sort of tv movie to bring some better closure. Maybe when SVU is finished they’ll do something to bring it all together.

6. mandy says:

Alana and Mariska on screen together. Yes!
    I still miss the mothership; but thankfully there’s syndication.

• N tTVf says:

^ This . Alana and Mariska on screen together – two of my favorites – it doesn’t get much better than that – an L&O dream team. Maybe CL and AH can stop by and visit as well sometime.

I know just about everyone last winter’13 did not like NBC’s “Do No Harm”, and granted, it was an acquired taste; but AdlG was the best thing going on that show – one of my favorite tv-crushes.

My bucket-list fantasy – I’d love to see Alana/Mariska get a TV series someday that would allow them to do some comedy work. I bet both would be great – the L&O franchise is a classic now, but has never really allowed them to cut loose and have some fun. I’d like to see that someday.