Exclusive Sneak Peek: SVU Teams Up With the Original Law & Order's Connie Rubirosa

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Law & Order worlds collide this Wednesday when Alana de la Garza brings the character of Connie Rubirosa to SVU — and we’ve got a first look at her introduction to Benson and Rollins.

RELATED | Chicago P.D.‘s Sophia Bush to Cross Over to Law & Order: SVU

In the episode “Jersey Breakdown” (airing Wednesday at 9/8c, on NBC), an underage runaway is found raped and beaten under the Highline.  That brings “acting squad commander” Benson and her team in contact with Rubirosa, who in her previous Law & Order: Original Flavor and Los Angeles incarnations was an ADA, but now is back in New York heading up a federal task force targeting underage sex trafficking.

Press play to watch Benson and Rollins meet and strategize with their partner on the investigation.

Comments (10)

• I loved her on L&O! It’ll be neat to see her on SVU.

Comment by Heather – January 21, 2014 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still po’d that they wrote the character of Jack McCoy out by having him leave the DA’s office (mentioned in a prior SVU ep)…would love to see Waterston back at some point for a cameo.

Comment by Pat D. – January 21, 2014 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They needed to write him out of the universe because he went to The Newsroom. However with that ending he could show back up for some lame reason.

Comment by David4 – January 21, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They didn’t have to write him out of office, IMHO,—he would always send Cutter (Linus did guest on SVU) or one of his other ADAs to do most of the interaction with the SVU squad. I mean, I can’t recall offhand, but I could swear we haven’t seen any of the current DA in an episode of SVU—just ADA Barba.

So, its not like it would be unusual for Jack (as DA) to be absent, and would need to have left the office. Just seems weird to me that they felt the need to definitively say “McCoy is no longer the DA”.

Comment by Pat D. – January 21, 2014 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! :D

Comment by Esaul – January 21, 2014 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could not hear what Rollins said to Mariska at the end, but it did not look like Mariska liked it with the look she gave her.

Comment by Hnnah Osborne – January 21, 2014 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She said “Don’t worry, boss. I’ll stay away from Atlantic City.”

Comment by Sonya – January 21, 2014 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved her in Law and Order! I hate that show ended the way it did. It really did reinvent itself and the last couple of seasons were some of it’s best. I still hope fit some sort of tv movie to bring some better closure. Maybe when SVU is finished they’ll do something to bring it all together.

Comment by David – January 21, 2014 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alana and Mariska on screen together. Yes!
    I still miss the mothership; but thankfully there’s syndication.

Comment by mandy – January 21, 2014 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ This . Alana and Mariska on screen together – two of my favorites – it doesn’t get much better than that – an L&O dream team. Maybe CL and AH can stop by and visit as well sometime.

I know just about everyone last winter’13 did not like NBC’s “Do No Harm”, and granted, it was an acquired taste; but AdlG was the best thing going on that show – one of my favorite tv-crushes.

My bucket-list fantasy – I’d love to see Alana/Mariska get a TV series someday that would allow them to do some comedy work. I bet both would be great – the L&O franchise is a classic now, but has never really allowed them to cut loose and have some fun. I’d like to see that someday.

Comment by N tTVf – January 21, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post