Flowers in the Attic Draws 6.1 Million to Lifetime

flowers-in-the-attic-ratings-lifetimeBad grandma, good ratings.

Lifetime’s original movie Flowers in the Attic, based on the 1979 horror novel by V.C. Andrews, took root with 6.1 million total viewers and averaged 2.4 million among adults 18-49 in its 8pm Saturday premiere timeslot.

POLL | Did Lifetime’s Flowers in the Attic Bloom for You?

According to the network, Flowers — starring Ellen Burstyn, Heather Graham and Mad Men‘s Kiernan Shipka — was basic cable’s most-watched original movie since November 2012.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Lifetime will encore Flowers in the Attic this Saturday night at 10/9c, immediately following the world premiere of Lizzie Borden Took An Ax.

Lifetime is currently developing Petals on the Wind, the sequel to Flowers in the Attic.

1. wrstlgirl says:

I had never read the book so I had no idea what it was about. Just saw an ad for it while watching something else. I loved it :-)

2. betssyy@yahoo.com says:

of course. People hear “incest” and they flock. Perverts.

• Lauren says:

The incest was done so poorly, it was making my skin crawl. The two actors playing siblings had NO chemistry.

• Francine says:

Well it SHOULD make your skin crawl right? It’s incest, fake or not. They shouldn’t have chemistry. Unless of course you were just being sarcastic and that went right over my head, lol.

3. Lauren says:

I read the book. This movie was TERRIBLE. I thought the acting was awful. Every climactic scene from the book was done anticlimactically in the movie. The ending almost made me laugh.

• Sparky says:

I remember reading the books when I was a kid (so naive, I had no idea what I was reading at the time) and the Grandmother scared the crap out of me. Ellen Burstyn was scary in the role but not scary enough. I blame it more on the script than her acting. Either way I guess Petals in the Wind is on its way…..but I agree there was more chemistry between them in the books creepy and all as that is than in the movie.

4. Dave says:

It was terrible. Aside from Ellen Burstyn, the acting was laughable. This is material that screams for a camp factor. But the writers and director chose to play it straight, which was a very bad choice. The story is preposterous and stupid, so when you try and make it serious, like they did, it just doesn’t work.

5. Pati says:

I never read the books but will now, I’ve always been curious to read it. I thought Ellen Burnstein was really good, Heather Graham was so bad it was laughable, the girl who played Cathy was pretty terrible too I read that she is a great actress but that acting was just awful

6. Mark says:

Ellen Burstyn is the only reason to watch this mess. Heather Graham is absolutely terrible in this movie. Yikes.

7. May says:

It was terrible. Absolute rubbish. Heather Graham was awful (which was not at all surprising), the youngest kids were terrible, and even Kiernan Shipka, who’s normally quite good, failed to deliver a good performance. The production was bad, the script was bad, everything was just bad.

8. JB says:

Read the books too many years ago, lol…hated the first movie that came out (you want to talk about bad acting, not to mention the horrible ending)…oddly enough I enjoyed this version. My biggest complaint was the actress that played Cathy, she was just horrible. And the ending wasn’t that great, but it was better than having the mother get hung by her wedding dress. I also thought this one stayed truer to the book than the original. All in all I would watch it again and I can overlook the bad acting.

9. Jazz says:

Flowers in the attic 2014 was absolutely terrible!! Even the one made in the 80’s was better, and that was very bad!! Hahahha it makes me want to laugh the whole way through as the girl who plays Cathy and Heather graham are awful!!! Really disappointed as I love the books!!