Exclusive

The Following's Traumatic Subway Trip: Exclusive Video Divulges Secrets of the Horrifying Ride

In the same way that The Following‘s pilot made Poe seem all the more creepy, the Fox thriller’s Sunday night Season 2 premiere likely made you think twice about using public transportation.

RELATEDThe Following Premiere Recap: Say It Ain’t Joe! Plus: Double Talk From a New Cast Member

Calling the episode’s brutal, random attack on subway passengers a “great moment of horror,” stars Kevin Bacon and Shawn Ashmore and director/executive producer Marcos Siega walk viewers through how the very scary sequence was shot. (Spoiler alert: Even if you know about camera angles and rehearsal specifics, it’s still terrifying.)

Press PLAY to see new cast additions Connie Nielsen and Sam Underwood take the bloody ride.

1. Brutus says:

I didnt even see the begining because my dvr started at 1030 and it started earlier. Guess that is what I get for not watching it live!

• DW says:

You couldn’t watch it “live”, -and neither could I, -because Fox LIED to you. They did not show it at the time DVRs were set for, -and its only available online for SOME systems.

• Alex says:

LOL, Fox didn’t lie. The start time was obviously approximate, considering that the show was on after a live sporting event. Anyway, DVR viewers aren’t worth that much to them since most of you skip the ads during playback. Want to be valuable and not miss anything? Watch live!

• Sean says:

I think in all of FOX’s promotion they said “After the NFC Championship Game” so the DVR slotting was approximate — not really their fault. Also, the episode is available on FOX On Demand and they are replaying it this Monday prior to the new episode at 9:00p. It sucks that the timing didn’t work but they are making it available.

2. Jacqueline says:

Is the woman who “survived” the train massacre the mother of the twins? Just a thought?

3. Mikael says:

Thankfully they’re replaying the episode next Monday, so I can see the whole episode. My DVR missed the whole subway scene.

4. barbara says:

Ya since my daughter lives in New York I didn’t like that scene! Horrifying!

5. Sandy says:

I want to watch the scene described above and it says to hit Play. Where is the Play button!

6. Sandy says:

I tapped on the word Play but nothing happened.