General Hospital Taps Knots Landing's Donna Mills for Secret Role - Who Should She Play?

General Hospital Donna MillsA familiar bad girl is coming to General Hospital.

Donna Mills, who played troublemaker Abby Ewing on the Dallas spin-off Knot’s Landing, has joined the cast of the ABC soap, EW.com reports.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy‘s Chandra Wilson to Guest on General Hospital

Details about Mills’ new character aren’t available, but she is expected to debut in late February.

Mills’ recent TV credits include GCB, Nip/Tuck and Dirty Sexy Money.

Who do you think Mills should play in Port Charles? Hit the comments with your suggestions!

1. Samantha says:

Mama Jerome aka Ava and Julian Jerome mother.

• Ava and Julian have different mothers. Ava’s mother is Delia Ryan from Ryans Hope. I think she is going to play Silas mother in law.

• Metoo says:

Silas’s mil (Nina’s mother) is reportedly being played by Shirley Jones. But that’s just another rumour I read.

• TV Gord says:

No, she’s playing a woman who sees someone digging a grave and goes to the PCPD to report it.

• Phil says:

Shirley Jones is playing a widow who sees someone digging a grave. It is likely only a short term role. Any article I have read about Donna Mills indicates it will be more Longterm. Mills may be in fact Silas’ Mother-in-law. I would rather she be a Quartermaine or a Cassidine, but I believe Frank and Ron know what they are doing. GH is the second best show on daytime for me just after DAYS.

• Hick1967 says:

мʏ вɛѕт ғʀιɛɴɖ’ѕ мօм мαĸɛѕ $6з нօυʀʟʏ օɴ тнɛ ιɴтɛʀɴɛт. ѕнɛ нαѕ вɛɛɴ υɴɛмքʟօʏɛɖ ғօʀ ғιʋɛ мօɴтнѕ вυт ʟαѕт мօɴтн нɛʀ ιɴƈօмɛ աαѕ $15751 ʝυѕт աօʀĸιɴɢ օɴ тнɛ ιɴтɛʀɴɛт ғօʀ α ғɛա нօυʀѕ. աнʏ ɴօт ғιɴɖ օυт мօʀɛ fox800.­com

• Carl Modren says:

IT’S A NEW YEAR TIME FOR A NEW JOBS!!! Start working from your home and make $90/h… Only basic computer skills needed and reliable internet connection… Get your first weekly check at the end of this week… Stop wasting time and start now… Sign up at following address ★★★★★ W­­W­­W.­­M­­A­­X­­­­4­­7.­­C­­O­­M­­

2. Mary says:

Donna Mills was the classic bad girl but I really wish General Hospital would stop adding new characters and focus on the ones they already have. The cast is already too big and with this news, along with Shirley Jones’ announcement, it just seems to be getting worse. My guess is she will probably be a relative of the Jeromes (she and Maura West are very similar in looks IMO) but I still feel they don’t need to bring anyone new on. I’m also concerned about the possibility of other long time actors being cut to pay for these stunt casting additions.

• Judy says:

I agree they are bringing on to many new people
      They need to write for the GH actors already on the show
      Before we lose more GH actors ..

• TV Gord says:

Shirley Jones is only on for one day. The ones they already have are great, but they need to keep the momentum going, and Donna Mills is going to bring more eyes to the show than the return of Bobbie Spencer. It may be a sad reality, but it’s reality.

3. Jason says:

Awesome – Love Donna Mills! My guess is she will be Olivia Jerome back from the dead!!

4. Deann says:

A piece of trivia – Donna Mills and Leslie Charleson (Monica on General Hospital) played sisters on the soap Love Is A Many Splendored Thing many many years ago.

5. mike says:

The show keeps getting better, this is incredible casting.

6. TL says:

SCORE!!!!!

7. ejknight says:

Getting better? If she is Olivia Jerome back from the dead how many current characters would have returned from the dead? Very Lazy writing indeed.

8. Amie says:

Donna Mills is 20 years older than Tonja Walker, who played Olivia Jerome, 28 years older than William DeVry, who plays Julian Jerome, and 32 years older than Maura West, who plays Ava. Mills seems more likely to be Ava, Olivia or Julian’s mother than their sister. I’m hoping she isn’t another Jerome.

• Jason says:

Guess you’re right. Just forgot Donna was that old because she looked about 28 on Knots landing when she was actually 48! Maybe she could play Helena Cassadine or Helena Cassadine’s sister out for revenge!!!

9. H says:

its a huge score for ABC’. Y,all forget who knots was a ratings star . Donna is a pro and I can’t wait to see her back!
    d

10. MC says:

Would love if they stopped adding characters. That said, I’d love to meet Elizabeth’s mother. But since she won’t be allowed out of the closet and they would never give her that much of a story, I’m guessing she’ll be Silas Mother in Law.

11. Bigdede says:

How about Elizabeth’s mother!! Where is Liz family? Liz WEBBER a legacy character. They doing all this stunt casting yet we barely see Liz, Alexis or Tracy. Sam has become this pod character who does whatever Silas tells her. Carly is dating the man who got her son raped. What is going on? I started watching GH in 1991, I’m not use to all this campy crap they got going on. How in the world did Robin’s return become all about Sobbing Sabrina? I miss old GH. I miss romance. No one dates or romances anymore on this show. It’s just insta-romance. It’s like the writers have short attention spans. What happened to sharp shooter Ava? Now the chick cries more than anyone on the show! And why are we (and poor Sonny) being subjected to Olivia? I want GH back!

12. N says:

Yay…..Love her

13. I hope it is a long term guest role. To the comments about the cast being too large-I disagree the days of Sonny and his team are long past their prime-get rid of them. I want Heather, Monica, Tracy, Luke, Bobbie, Scotty, Lucy and Kevin.

• MC says:

Yep me too. Who I dont want is Kiki, Sabrina, Felix, Brad, Britt, Franco, & Obrecht…and the rest of the new folks that were created out of thin air, then shoved down our throats, whitewashed, then shoved down our throats again. All the while, really amazing actors are forced to stand there like prize models and go isnt so and so wonderful? . Enough with the campy ridiculousness, how about a storyline where we see a beginning, middle, and end all onscreen, rather than just telling us about what supposedly happened while we were watching Sabrina try on poofy wedding gowns and have her nails painted by Felix.

• Lliannan says:

I think they want to bring in younger characters to attract a younger audience, which makes sense. Newer viewers might not care about the legacy characters without having seen their history. Problem is, the new characters are AWFUL!

14. binnie says:

I think She will be Julian’ s mother. We know she can play bitch. She will not be a fan of Ava

15. Shaun Daily says:

I hope she is Mrs. Victor Cassadine

16. DavidSask says:

Awsome hire but now that they have a star they need to trim the cast big time, there are some bad young actors on GH (its obvious the OLTL are not leaving no matter how much we want them to) and the new guy they hired to play cop is horrible excuse for an actor!

• lll says:

I agree about Nathan West. I have no idea why he’s under contract. Give that contract to Donna Mills. While you’re at it, get rid of Olivia too and trim the fat on the recurring stars.

17. Quentin says:

Nathan West is hands down the most attractive male I’ve seen on soaps since Josh Duhmel was my beloved Leo. (People forget Josh wasn’t a great actor when he started. It was when he was paired with Rebecca/Greenlee that he came alive.)

I think once Maxie is done Eating, praying, and loving on this false journey of self discovery (maxie will always be her own enemy. To take that way neuters the character ie: Carly) I think Kirsten Storms can bring him to life. It was the only scene I saw him actually perk up with. I just hope he doesn’t jump on the Lulu express. That ho get every new man in Port Charles. LOL!

Sorry for my rant anyway can she not be Nina Clay mother? I would rather her as a luxurious bitch who can take on Tracy for Luke’s heart. Or maybe she can show Anna how to really tango with Duke LOL? Or maybe she could make Lucy very pissed showing up on the arms of Scotty? I mean it’s the one and only Donna Mills. Don’t waste her on Silas and if so… Make her integrated into the canvas ie: Like the Jeromes. I wouldn’t mind Victor Cassadine wife or Helena’s sister or something like that.

18. Andrew Hass says:

I’m very excited and intrigued by Donna Mills coming to GH As for the character i’m thinking she’ll be connected to Silas and his wife but if that’s the case she could be enemies with Ava.Plus i thought there were rumors that Julian has a boss and it could be her character.

19. queerbec says:

To think they’re getting rid of AJ again (how many times can they kill him off?) and the rumor mill says Liz, Donna Mills better be one helluva character. It looks like they are getting ready to deep six Molly, TJ and Silas’s nephew (and not a moment too soon). At least they are giving Maurice Bernard some genuinely emotional and dramatic stuff to do (other than talking to the bland Olivia wih whom he shares absolutely no chemistry).

• Alex says:

A.J. is leaving GH? YES YES YES! Horrible character, good riddance. This makes me very happy.

Maurice Benard (his last name is NOT Bernard) is a fine actor, but Sonny has become an awful character.

I loved Donna Mills on KL and look forward to seeing her.

20. I think she should play Helena Cassidines daughter..

21. Ash says:

If she plays Julian’s mother, she could get involved with the Jerome business. Or she could be playing Victor Cassidine’s wife, since Victor is returning soon. If so, imagine the scenes she could have with Luke! I don’t think GH would use a star like Donna and have her only connection to PC being dreary old Silas She deserves a character with deeper ties to the history of GH.

22. Flo says:

Interesting they find a use for her, but not her LOve is a many splendid thing sister Leslie Charleson. Hope they will get to play together.

23. Neil says:

My first guess away that Donna Mills would play Ava Jerome’s mother. But with Victor Cassadine returning, I wondered if she would be a new Cassadine?!? Silas Clay’s mother-in-law from hell would be another good guess. Hmmmm. Time will tell. Actually wish Mills was heading to TNT’s DALLAS as Abby Ewing!!!!!!!!!!

24. Raqui says:

Donna mills I think is Nina clay and west is her brother out for revenge against Silas .. Remember no one knows where Nina was moved and west is taking this way to personal

25. I’ve been watching General Hospital since the very early 80’s. The first episode that I watched was Laura and Scotty Baldwin roller skating on a boarwalk, probably on their honeymoon. I remember the vintage cast members and I’m happy to see many of them back on the show but today’s show doesn’t make much sense because of too many new characters and gangsters that don’t matter. The show used to revolve around the hospital, and it was addictive in the 80’s, 90’s and into the 2000’s but in recent years I thought that the show could go off the air and not be missed, the writing was that bad. There have been so many marriages and divorces and silly pairings of couples due to poor writing, and now the plots contain kids of those characters and no one cares about them. I liked Felicia and Frisco, Noah Drake, the Webber’s, Ana Devane, Robert Scorpio and Holly, Luke and Laura and so many more such as the Quartermane family with Monica and Allen, and Lila and Edward. There is no romance or supense in the show and I can go for months at a time not watching it and not even wonder what’s happening on it. It’s not too late to revive it but soap operas are quickly becoming a lost art.

26. I loved Knots Landing, and Dallas too and those were classic shows that people still watch today in re-runs on cable. They are timeless and shows like that aren’t made today. Those shows could have some pretty mean characters but they were totally fake, unlike the mean people who are real who we see on tv and in socirty today in the psuedo tv shows called “reality shows.”

27. Peggy Still says:

Donna Mills is playing Nina’s mothere, the wife of Silas Clay

28. Veronica says:

Doesn’t matter who Donna Mills plays as long as she is on the show. Love her!