TVLine Items: The Killing Final Season Casting News, Highway to Heaven Reboot and More

Joan Allen The KillingJoan Allen is about to make a Killing.

The Oscar-nominated actress has joined the drama’s six-episode fourth and final season on AMC Netflix, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | The Killing to Introduce [Spoiler]‘s Mother in Season 4

Allen, last seen in HBO’s Luck, will play Margaret O’Neal, the head of an all-boys military academy based outside of Seattle, who figures into Holder and Linden’s new investigation.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….

* A&E is developing a reboot of the 1980s Michael Landon drama Highway to Heaven, per The Hollywood Reporter. Hell on Wheels showrunner John Wirth is penning the script.

* Bravo is expanding its Top Chef franchise with Top Chef Extreme, a new competition series that will pit “two of the biggest, boldest and most talked-about personalities” from past seasons of Top Chef and Top Chef Masters against each other. It’s slated to premiere this summer.

* Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced (via Conan O’Brien, of all people) the release of the complete 1960s Batman series (the one starring Adam West) later this year.

* Nick Lachey has been tapped to replace Carrie Keagan as host of VH1’s pop culture news show Big Morning Buzz Live!, US Weekly reports.

Which of today’s TVLine Items have you talking?

1. caprigirl60 says:

Highway to Heaven starred Michael Landon, not John.

2. Jon says:

Holy crap, I hadn’t heard the news that The Killing was getting another season. I actually felt like the ending was kind of perfect but this is good news just the same.

3. Jared says:

I like Nick Lachey and all but really VH1???

4. info says:

I leave a response when I like a post on a site or I have something to add to
    the conversation. It’s triggered by the passion
    displayed in the article I looked at. And on this article The Killing Season 4 Cast: Joan Allen – TVLine.
    I was actually moved enough to write a thought :) I actually do have 2 questions for you if you tend
    not to mind. Could it be simply me or does it appear like a few of these comments look like they are written by brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I’d like to follow you.
    Could you make a list the complete urls of all your community
    pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

5. Ally Oop says:

Speaking of Michael Landon, I hope someone remakes Little House On the Prairie or maybe does Little House In the Big Woods. Unlike a lot of other remakes of shows, Little House is based on a book series. It would make a nice Sunday night family show.

6. tvdiva says:

If Highway to Heaven is getting a reboot, I hope someone reboots Touched by an Angel, too.

• catlover04 says:

But it wouldn’t be the same without Roma Downey, Della Reese, and the late John Dye. :-}} I loved Touched By An Angel….that wonderful show was on when I was going through a lot of hard stuff. I found it very encouraging.

7. Will says:

Am I the only one who felt The Killing was super dark and depressing? I think I made it to S01E07 by the time I stopped.
    I am glad for its fans that is will get an additional season although only 6 episodes, why not make it at least 10 or something?

8. Charisma says:

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t give continuity to such an amazing series. I have seen enough of Crime Scene stories but this one takes the crown. Spine chilling suspense keeps us audiences at the edges of our seats. My whole family is a fan of the series . And the actors are more realistic and believable than most others out there. For audiences like us who are tired of watching the same old plots, I bet there are so many more of us , who want to see more of it. Please give us some justice and produce more seasons of the killing. 3 Cheers to the team for making such an amazingly unique series!!