First Trailer: Penny Dreadful Looks Spoooooky

Prepare to be scared %&#%less.

Showtime has released the first trailer for Penny Dreadful, its eight-episode spookfest being penned by film vet John Logan (Skyfall, Gladiator) and helmed in part by Juan Antonio Bayona (The Orphanage), and it looks horror-ible.

RELATED | Showtime Boss: There Will Be No Dexter Spin-Off Without Michael C. Hall

Featuring Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Gray and iconic figures from the Dracula novel, the series — starring Josh Hartnett, Eva Green, Timothy Dalton and Billie Piper — is set in a familiar world “but we’re playing in it differently,” says Logan of the iconic creature-filled canvas.

Press PLAY below (if you dare), and, if you like what you see, mark your calendars for Sunday, May 11 at 10/9c.

Comments (11)

• Looks promising…

Comment by Gerald – January 16, 2014 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first look has ensnared me!

Comment by angelwings – January 16, 2014 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like what I just watched, this looks like what The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman movie should have been.

Comment by Tori – January 16, 2014 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really like to be scared but I love (and miss) Josh Hartnett. I guess I’ll be DVR’ing and watching during the day.

Comment by Daisy – January 16, 2014 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looks awesome
    i love shows like this

Comment by sarah – January 16, 2014 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch it. Seeing that guy sitting in that guys lap and licking his nipple sure scared the hell out of me though.

Comment by yep – January 16, 2014 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spooky, but I don’t get why Showtime wouldn’t wait until fall to air it. It is a horror show, and makes sense to air it around Halloween.

Comment by Derek Johnson – January 16, 2014 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just yesterday a friend asked what ever happened to Josh Hartnett….mystery solved.

Comment by The Beach – January 16, 2014 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Reeve Carney! He’s such a sweet person! Very happy for him.

Comment by Lea – January 16, 2014 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it a try.

Comment by Bob – January 17, 2014 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more I see about this show the more I get excited for it and I’ve been waiting for it for awhile

Comment by Patrick Maloney – January 20, 2014 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post