Kyle Chandler to Headline New Netflix Drama Series From the Team Behind Damages

Get More: Casting News

139270840VM034_62nd_Annual_Kyle Chandler is headed back to the small screen via Netflix.

The Friday Night Lights Emmy winner has signed on to star in an untitled 13-episode Netflix drama, Deadline reports.

The psychological thriller — exec-produced by Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler — centers on a family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when the black sheep oldest brother returns home.

Chandler will play the married middle brother who takes care of the family.

The Netflix deal comes a month after Chandler’s Showtime pilot, The Vatican, failed to earn a series order at the cabler.

Comments (19)

• This sounds promising! I‘m still mad that Showtime didn‘t move forward with The Vatican, though.

Comment by martina – January 16, 2014 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, like Six Feet Under?

Comment by Alexandru Ciobanu – January 16, 2014 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More like Brothers and Sisters

Comment by rod – January 16, 2014 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, he does remind me of Balthazar Getty more than Michael C. Hall.
        Now I’m wondering how are they making a thriller out of a situation like that.

Comment by Alexandru Ciobanu – January 16, 2014 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well now Rachel Griffiths has to be casted in this.

Comment by Rook – January 16, 2014 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YES! YES! YES! BEST NEWS THANK YOU NETFLIX I LOVE YOU. Okay, I’m done. Seriously, that’s fantastic news. If this show has the same quality as House of Cards or Orange … oh boy, oh boy.

Comment by jimbo – January 16, 2014 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, a project that managed to lure Kyle Chandler back to television. Can’t wait.

Comment by hipster – January 16, 2014 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damages was awesome so I have high hopes.

Comment by David4 – January 16, 2014 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great actor. Great creative team. Great ‘network’. Sold!

Comment by Et al – January 16, 2014 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Kyle Chandler back on my Netflix. I cant way.

Comment by Monica4185 – January 16, 2014 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has potential.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 16, 2014 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite actors just teamed up with the creators of one my favorite shows. Excellent news.

Comment by Mark – January 16, 2014 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super excited for this!

Comment by Kristin – January 16, 2014 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! Jennifer Beals for the sister role!

Comment by Yolanda – January 17, 2014 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WILL WATCH THIS.

Comment by soundscene – January 17, 2014 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Wolk as his younger brother?

Comment by anmyas – January 17, 2014 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!! It has to happen… while I hope The Crazy Ones gets renewed, if it doesn’t hopefully he can join this project ;-)
      Also, can Connie Britton guest star? The Vatican sounded awesome, too bad that didn’t work out. That being said, I would most definitely watch this – Kyle Chandler is the man!

Comment by Will – January 17, 2014 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t even care what this show is about. if Kyle Chandler is in it,.I’m there

Comment by Ashley – January 17, 2014 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post