Pilot Scoop: ABC Orders Anthony Anderson-Fronted Single-Camera Comedy Black-ish

Anthony Anderson Black-ishAnthony Anderson is back in the half-hour comedy fold with Black-ish, a single camera project that has just received a pilot pickup at ABC.

The potential series, written by Kenya Barris (The Game), finds the Guys With Kids actor playing an upper-middle class black man struggling to raise his children with a sense of cultural identity despite constant contradictions and obstacles coming from his liberal wife, old school father and his own assimilated, color-blind kids.

1. David says:

Could have potential. I really like him. Kind of disappointed that he has been doing comedies though. He was awesome on Law and Order, Kville, and The Shield.

2. click us says:

I think the admin of this web site is actually working hard in favor of his web
    site, as here every stuff is quality based material.

3. DavidSask says:

I was one of few who loved GWK, It would be great if they could cast Tempestt as his wife again!

• Nicole says:

Another few but proud GWK fan here. Looking forward to AA in a family comedy again.

• Zach says:

I liked it too. AA was one of the better half of the performers (with Zach Cregger and Erinn Hayes).

• Ram510 says:

Nice to see that I wasn’t the only one who loves GWK, it was the best new comedy of last season!! I like Anthony Anderson and would watch this show but this doesn’t seem like a good fit for ABC

• Mika02 says:

This they had great chemistry and comedic timing on GWK. I’ve been waiting for another venue where the could sine again.

• JB Smooove says:

signing in to throw my support for GWK. I liked it. It wasn’t great, but wasn’t bad either.

4. Mark says:

Uh is it bad that his kids are color blind? Isn’t that what we desire out of today’s youth?

• dude says:

I think obviously its important to raise your kids without prejudice but it’s just as important to know and feel connected to your cultural history as well.

• the girl says:

Exactly. We can find ways to respect the backgrounds of others without losing a sense of pride and respect for who we are and where we come from.

I am really intrigued by this idea and will probably watch it. Put me down as one of those Guys With Kids fans who was sad to see it go. I also believe in the need to instill youth with pride for self and culture, so this sounds like it could be really awesome.

• Alex says:

The show sounds like a stinker. Instead of making race a focal point, why don’t they try to make it FUNNY? Race should not be a factor in that.

5. Riana says:

I don’t think this would get enough viewers on Network TV. It’s not a good idea to put anything Race-related in the title. Perhaps if they retitle it, it could have a chance.

• Zach says:

I think that should give it an edge. There are a lot of minorities, and not so many on TV. It would be the only of its kind.

• Tai says:

I agree. Sounds pretty interesting and if played right could be both funny and good. Rare pairing these days in comedy. Overall I would just enjoy watching a show with people of color not playing stereotypical roles. This sounds like it could be that show. Sounds like.

6. MTB says:

No way. Black man struggling? What network is going to pick this up?

7. Ally Oop says:

Pass

8. Ethel says:

Hope they change the title as it is too close to Blacklist and viewers are easily confused. Like him and hope this succeeds as I was also a fan of GWK.MIss him on L&O.

9. Bob says:

Sorry, but I think Anthony Anderson is just a mediocre actor/comedian. This show will fail.

• Marine says:

Oh no! he’s great! Have you seen him in Treme? He played Derek a waiter, this guy is so funny!
      But this new show doesn’t seem cool enough for him

10. bettysuit says:

Anthony Anderson is a talent. This idea does not seem great, so hopefully the show will deliver as a total package. I want him to win so badly. It is overdue and his performances are always a pleasure to watch.

11. Will says:

It’s going to be on ABC so at best it’ll probably get a few episodes beyond the initial 13 and then canceled.

12. LIN says:

Night vision camera models can utilize focus and zoom features, which help to further image enhancement.
    We all know when it comes to hunting, you need to get the best type of equipment in
    order to provide safety and accuracy. The most well known
    pair of Ferranti night vision goggles available today are the Nite-Op
    NVGS.

13. this says:

Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would really like
    to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would value your work.
    If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

14. the enigmatic front man of , and a knack for writing to boot. Mar 26vs 7:30 Fri, DET 87Tue, Nfc235919.His status as prime minister-in-waiting refused to go away.”?00.00010Vs. Bryant said it’s “an offering” to help? I guess because they didn’t need to.”I made this a priority of the government and indicated to the cabinet that we would fight this at the United Nations, an effort the then White-ruled South African government tried to counter with efforts from its Ambassador here.