Exclusive

American Idol Exclusive Video: Harry, J.Lo, Keith & Ryan Glam Up for Season 13 Photo Shoot

It almost goes without saying that — after just one episode — the chemistry on the American Idol Season 13 judges’ panel has gotten a massive upgrade. (Then again, putting a grizzly bear, a mountain lion and a honey badger behind the table would’ve resulted in warmer vibes than Season 12′s catty-tastrophe.)

RELATED | American Idol Season 13 Premiere Recap: The Sob Days Are Over, the Sob Days Are Done

The good energy (and unabashed glamor) flow freely in the following exclusive video taken at the official Season 13 photo shoot for the judges — Harry Connnick, Jr., Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban — along with host Ryan Seacrest.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Press PLAY below to get their take on why Idol remains the gold standard of reality singing competitions — and to watch them all looking super purdy.

And for all my Idol-related news, interviews, videos, exclusives and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Jean says:

Eh, still don’t like J.Lo. Would’ve preferred Mariah…she was a pretty ditz, but at least she had something to say.

• Amy says:

Not a J.Lo fan myself. And I like Mariah as a perfomer/singer. But though she may have had something to say…she took forever to say it!! In what seems to be a streamlined Idol this year…”ain’t nobody got time fa’dat!” I’d have loved a girl with similar cool, (ie. non-diva) vibes similar to Keith and Harry. Like Shania had when she was on. Someone not so into herself and the GLAMness of her highness…but a cool, real deal musician, writer etc….to me, that would have been GOLDEN with Keith and Harry. Ohwell.

2. Blinged Up says:

How much happier can Keith Urban be this year?

• LAR says:

right?!?!?! Loved all three of them together. Even Ryan Seacrest seemed to be having a ton of fun and was totally relaxed. Great mix, great beginning, excellent job by the new producer. YAY!

3. Amy says:

Love Idol, loved opening last night, loved what seems to be the “cleaning up” and going back to the heart of the show, without too much superfluous junk. One thing from that video… I think there’ll always be some manipulating if not “scripting”, no matter what they say, and I guess that’s necessary. I was, however, not a fan of J.Lo’s return. Had wondered why they couldn’t come up with someone new that seemed a better fit with all the fresh chemistry this year, (also wondered what all the highlighted “sucking up to J.Lo” clips were about last night.) But I think I get why they had her back now…they need the numbers and perhaps it was to capture the large Latino audience. That said….I certainly don’t hate the panel this year….and love Keith and Harry enough to make up for not having a cooler girl performer there for me. Looking forward to another season!

4. Amy says:

On another panel note…re: Keith. Am hoping they let him continue to just be Keith and all the reasons everyone loved him last year (I don’t recall one criticism of him here…that’s amazing in itself.) But Idol and all tv has this annoying way of finding a “thing that works” then trying to manufacture it in spades the next season, instead of just continuing to let it be naturally good. So for Keith I hope they don’t try to overplay his empathy and love of the music, in ways that make it seem mfrd. this year. Saw hints of that last night with close ups of him looking all watery eyed and sensitive. Loved his line last night when he said about it being “their moment” and it “being everything to them.” He gets it, and he was so good at expressing it all last year.