CBS Sets Premiere Dates for Survivor (Brawn Vs. Brains Vs. Beauty) and All-Star Amazing Race

Survivor-Premiere-Date-2014Strong, smart or beautiful? That will be the central question hanging over the 28th edition of Survivor, set for a two-hour premiere on Wednesday, Feb. 26 (8/7c).

CBS has also set a launch date for the 24th season of The Amazing Race, which returns Sunday, Feb. 23 (8/7c) with an all-star edition that will pit 11 returning fan favorite teams against each other in pursuit of the $1 million prize.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Survivor‘s premiere will mark its first two-hour kickoff since “Heroes vs. Villains” in Feb. 2010. The latest batch of castaways will be separated into three distinct tribes — brawn, brains and beauty.

The full roster of contestants for both series will be named at a later date.

Stoked about the themes for either of CBS’ reality-competition veterans? Any teams you’d like to see back on TAR? Sound off below!

1. Tran 2.0 says:

Can’t wait for another All-Star edition of Amazing Race when it debuts February 23rd (same night with the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics). BTW, does anyone know if Brendon & Rachel made the cut?

• hagiz says:

yes they did

• Jen says:

I hate reality show spoilers. But I do like to know which teams are on the show. Televisionwithoutpity’s TAR forum has a spoiler section for the new season. The first posts are only about the casting. And yes it shows Rachel and Brendon.

2. liz says:

I hope for Survivor the teams are actually equal in terms of gender. I want to see some STRONG women this season. Like legit strong – though fierce competitors. I’d also like to see some women that are legit brainy like the men they’ll cast.
    But I’m kidding myself; we’re going to get the same type of female players we always get. Don’t get me wrong some of them have been truly awesome, but lets have some more that aren’t cast purely because of their breasts.

• Eli says:

Well, one of the brainy women is a former playboy model, so… there you go I guess :P

• Liz says:

Of course she is. For women they need to be beauties and then one of the other categories. Not to diminish her intelligence, I’m just tired of the double standard. Let’s get some average looking genius women on there and some brawny women

3. brawl2099 says:

I’m hearing the cowboys are back again… YES! They’re still my all time favorites.

The others on the list I saw are all good ones, except maybe the Globetrotters.

4. Sara says:

Team Kentucky & Chippendale…my absolute favourites & both were on the same season

5. Otto says:

Time to get stocked up for the “Twinny” drinking game.

6. Heathers says:

I haven’t watched Survivor in years. I used to love Amazing Race, but stopped watching after they started doing All Star seasons. Same goes for Survivor. I refused to watch All Stars Survivor when Boston Rob came back. I told my husband the other players (not all stars) are so damn stupid, Rob is going to win. And he did. I can’t stand him and that skank Amber. I surely hope they aren’t bringing them back to either show. But what does it matter- if it’s an all stars season, I won’t be watching!

• liz says:

my father hated Boston Rob on both Survivor and Amazing Race. But my mom and I were fans so he was forced to watch :P

• Stephanie Kuper says:

I’m not the biggest fan of Boston Rob’s gameplay but regardless why call Amber a skank? That’s aweful. You don’t have to like them but a “skank” she isn’t. Be nice.

7. Alan says:

I would like to see Survivor Meets Biggest Loser. That would be a show. Also, of course everyone on Survivor is beautiful. In fact, I would go so far as to say that almost anyone who appears on TV is automatically thought of as beautiful. Survivor does a great job of choosing the cast in my opinion.

8. Laura Climer says:

I am very disapointed , was planning on watching survivor ‘s last episode tonight , What happened ???