Ratings: Globes Winner Brooklyn Nine-Nine Dips, The Goldbergs Rises, Killer Women Drops

112B99_scn48_080Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine celebrated its pair of Golden Globe wins by… ticking down a tenth in the demo, to a 1.4 rating. In total audience, however, the freshman comedy inched up a bit, to 3.5 million viewers.

Opening Fox’s night, Dads (3.2 mil/1.2) fell three tenths. Later, New Girl (3.3 mil/1.6) was flat, Mindy Project (2.5 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Over on CBS, NCIS (19.5 mil/3.0) slipped 6 percent from last week’s season-high audience while steady in the demo, while NCIS: LA (15.9/2.4) and Person of Interest (12.4 mil/2.0) each added some eyeballs while flat in the demo.

ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (6.6 mil/2.2) and Trophy Wife (3.5 mil/1.1) were steady, The Goldbergs (4.9 mil/1.8) rose a tenth and Killer Women (3.5 mil/0.7) fell 13 percent and two tenths from its debut.

NBC’s Biggest Loser matched last week’s 1.7 rating, while Chicago Fire (1.8) was down two tenths.

On The CW, The Originals (2 mil/0.9) and Supernatural (2.26 mil/1.0) each shed a handful of eyeballs and a tenth in the demo.

1. Dave says:

Damn. :(
    Should I worry about Chicago Fire’s future?

2. Zorkel says:

Agents of SHIELD?

3. c says:

I hope The Goldbergs keep rising, it’s a shame that not so many people watch it

4. David says:

I’m surprised still by Shield ratings. They should be so much more especially for the budget. Maybe they need to move it to a better spot? Goldbergs is so funny I hope it makes it. And Killer Women really isnt bad at all but that’s not looking too bright.

• John 1138 says:

It’s a hard sell: a show that with “Marvel” in the title is expected to be a comic book show (despite repeated warnings it wouldn’t be), and it isn’t. So the people not attracted by superheroes don’t test it and the ones who want superheroes leave when they don’t find them.

• Naazneen says:

It wasnt about the superheroes for me, it was about the characters. I watched for about 5 episodes and then left. I honestly dont like most of the actors cast, i cant seem to be intersted in their stories. Especially Skye. Which is a pity. Because this was the show i was most looking forward to.

5. Jacob says:

C’mon people! Trophy Wife is pretty great!

6. wrstlgirl says:

Killer Women was actually quite good last night. I just think people are getting tired of these types of shows.

7. Given the horrible state of ABC’s dramas, AOS being steady is probably good enough to get a renewal

8. Mike Hammer says:

SERIOUSLY, how mind numbingly dim does NCIS need to get before CBS does the honorable thing and puts it out of its incredibly stupid misery and cancels??

The new girl MUST be Harmon’s mistress as there is no logical reason for the hire.

• Ash says:

LOL! Not getting canceled anytime soon!

• Znachki says:

As long as it keeps winning the ratings and the 18-49 demo – which it did last night, it’s not going anywhere.

• Mike Hammer says:

Does not say much about the intellectual and artistic demands of today’s 18 to 49 year olds— nor the talents of the producers and writers of a continuing dumbed down NCIS

• leia says:

nasty, Mike just nasty. Can;t deal with their success much?

• Mike Hammer says:

What does pointing out that the show is dimmer and dumber with each episode, and that the new girl is a total cypher have to do with “nasty”? If I pointed out that you were not terribly clever nor evidenced a scintilla of good taste or have a clue as to excellence perhaps I might be nasty.
        Truth is truth.

• TV Gord says:

How mind-numbingly dim would a programmer be to cancel the number one drama on network TV?

• Mike Hammer says:

As “mind numbingly dim” as those who re-elected Obama or believed that if you “like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance, period!”.

• Tim Church says:

There is nothing “dim” about re-electing Obama. Not saying he’s great, but the fact is there was not a better candidate on the ballot, & like Barack or not, that is a fact!

• Mike Hammer says:

The “better candidate”? Compared to whom , Warren G. Harding? The “better candidate” who as president evesdrops on every american; abused the IRS to attack political opponents; gave guns to drug dealers below the border; Benghazi and the murder of our Ambassador and other Americans; tolerating the use of Chemical weapons against civilians in Syria; the longest economic recession in American history; more Americans without a job since the Great Depression of the 1930’s; record deficits and debt; losing Iraq to al Qaeda; surrendering to Iran and giving them the hard currency to finish the creation of the A bomb; Obamacare and more Americans without insurance now than before, etc., etc., etc. ? At least Romneycare worked.

• Tim Church says:

Yeah, you’re right; It “worked” so well that the majority of Americans (myself included) voted against the “Romney Replacement”.

Therefore, you go ahead & wonder what might’ve happened if he’d won. Meanwhile, I’ll join most of the country in stating the obvious: We’d be worse-off than we are now.(Also, I’m pretty sure this is what they mean by, “don’t go off-topic…”.)

• Tim Church says:

CBS would STILL have the #1 drama on network TV, & it would STILL have the letters “NCIS” in the title.

If the other networks’ dramas are losers (See: Things like “Killer Women”), does being the winner of them really mean anything?!

• Mike Hammer says:

Bartender, give the man a shot of Rye on me! To your health, Tim.

• Tim Church says:

Thumbs up!… And that counts all the alcohol I’ve ever drank in my life… Which is why you can keep the booze, & I’ll keep the brain cells.

• Mike Hammer says:

Ah, Tim, it’s an “Expression”. I’m not really buying you a drink here in cyberspace. You don’t get out much, do you.

• Tim Church says:

I’m well-aware of the expression… Also, I get out plenty, which is why I see what effects the current president has on the current world, rather than spending time thanking the Lord a worse option wasn’t elected, or comparing him to long-deceased men.

• Mike Hammer says:

Sadly, Tim, you seem to be a glutton for punishment.

• Tim Church says:

Another misconception. I don’t enjoy getting it (which rarely happens) or dishing it out (which I have easily & repeatedly done to you).

• Saywhat? says:

Well, “Mike”, have a little cheese with your whine. (Sour grapes, are soo unattractive in a person).

• Mike Hammer says:

Don’t you ever get tired from recycling this old chestnut— or is this the constant extent of your “wit”?

9. Xander says:

The Goldbergs is under-appreciated. Great cast, great writing and an off-the-beaten-path concept. The story lines are all pulled from Adam Goldberg’s real-life experiences and it taking place in the 80s is a nice change of scenery!

10. Jared says:

The Goldberg’s is the funniest new comedy of the season. Glad to see it pick up steam.

11. MP says:

I really enjoyed last night’s episode of NCIS: LA. I like it more than NCIS, which is becoming tiresome to me. I know some people don’t like long story arcs, and I don’t really like them myself, but I’m interested to see where the White Ghost storyline goes. The Parsa storyline is boring to me. I hope ABC puts Trophy Wife after Modern Family at some point. And as much as I try, I still can’t get into The Originals.

12. Jerri says:

Damn. Killer Women was good last night!

• Stacie says:

I have really enjoyed watching Killerr Women it’s a good show. This Tuesday the 21st episode was really good very touching. I can’t believe that they are cutting the show. Geesh! They didn’t even give the show a chance. Maybe moving it on another night might be better. Shows like The Goldbergs stays on the air but a show that has a good storyline gets cut. The Goldbergs is just dumb but I know people like that stuff. Disappointing when these networks don’t give a show a chance. Killer Women has only been on the air not even a month yet.

• Tim Church says:

Which is still longer than it deserved! I hate shows like this & “Devious Maids” that are only given shots by big networks due to the big-name actresses PRODUCING (not acting-in) them!!!

13. Tim Church says:

Golden Globes were a reminder “Nine-Nine” is still on the air!! Also, CBS’ show ratings will continue to rise if they kill-off original “NCIS” & put “Intelligence” back in the time slot where it premiered!

As for “Killer Women”, am waiting for exec.-producer to guest (same as “Devious Maids”), &/or the Beth Riesgraf episode!!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Beth’s episode was last night. TVLINE posted a clip on Tuesday morning.

• Tim Church says:

Darn! Hope I can find it On-Demand, online or something. You’d think the on-screen cable guide would mention a guest star like that in the episode-description (or that TV-watchers would shut up about “Community” & give “Leverage” the movie treatment it deserves, ala “Veronica Mars”).

• John 1138 says:

Discard a 19.5 mil/3.0 NCIS for a show that dropped without that lead-in?

Not happening.

• John 1138 says:

For a show that (Intelligence) drew 6.1 mil/1.2, from a 16.5 mil/2.4.

Excuse me that’s not a “dropped” that’s a freefall.

• Tim Church says:

CORRECTION: Without that so-called “lead-in”, there would have been nothing to drop from, & the ratings for the start of CBS’ evening would be MUCH higher!!! That’s why USA Network shows nothing but “NCIS: LA” for their entire non-wrestling schedule on Mondays!!

• John 1138 says:

So your thesis is the lead-in doesn’t matter? Or that Intelligence would have already been drawing 6.1 mil/1.2 and so been flat off it’s debut?

• Tim Church says:

Whether lead-ins matter or not is dependent on the individual shows. For instance, “NCIS: LA” needed the original as a lead-in for a few years due to it being a spinoff, & the occasional crossover episode (using “Abby” in both, etc.) However, “LA” has been going as a show long enough people now either love it or don’t care. In addition, Harmon is in talks to help produce yet another spinoff (they should’ve continued “Red”), which is yet another sign the original should end.

Also, I saw the premiere of “Intelligence” (which I watched DESPITE its lead-in). It was a great, original show, which CBS has few of (hence its feeling the need for 50 “CSI”s & “NCIS”s). They should move “LA” & “POI” each up an hour, & keep “Intelligence” from battling “Castle”, WWE, NFL, & more in a tough Monday time-slot war.

• John 1138 says:

And the argument it should not:

19.5 mil/3.0

• Tim Church says:

I agree that’s an “argument”, & one I won’t try to refute… I constantly try to be kind to the mentally-disabled/ill.

14. Mika02 says:

I love Sheild, the Goldbergs and Trophy wives. Killerwomen is surprisingly good again not sure Tuesday night is the best timeslot for it though. I love Brooklyn 99 the cast is awesome.