Ratings: Globes Winner Brooklyn Nine-Nine Dips, The Goldbergs Rises, Killer Women Drops

Get More: News, Ratings

112B99_scn48_080Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine celebrated its pair of Golden Globe wins by… ticking down a tenth in the demo, to a 1.4 rating. In total audience, however, the freshman comedy inched up a bit, to 3.5 million viewers.

Opening Fox’s night, Dads (3.2 mil/1.2) fell three tenths. Later, New Girl (3.3 mil/1.6) was flat, Mindy Project (2.5 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Over on CBS, NCIS (19.5 mil/3.0) slipped 6 percent from last week’s season-high audience while steady in the demo, while NCIS: LA (15.9/2.4) and Person of Interest (12.4 mil/2.0) each added some eyeballs while flat in the demo.

ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (6.6 mil/2.2) and Trophy Wife (3.5 mil/1.1) were steady, The Goldbergs (4.9 mil/1.8) rose a tenth and Killer Women (3.5 mil/0.7) fell 13 percent and two tenths from its debut.

NBC’s Biggest Loser matched last week’s 1.7 rating, while Chicago Fire (1.8) was down two tenths.

On The CW, The Originals (2 mil/0.9) and Supernatural (2.26 mil/1.0) each shed a handful of eyeballs and a tenth in the demo.

Comments (57)

• Damn. :(
    Should I worry about Chicago Fire’s future?

Comment by Dave – January 15, 2014 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is on NBC and it has a spinoff. You are probably fine.

Comment by KSM – January 15, 2014 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of SHIELD?

Comment by Zorkel – January 15, 2014 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Added.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 15, 2014 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope The Goldbergs keep rising, it’s a shame that not so many people watch it

Comment by c – January 15, 2014 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised still by Shield ratings. They should be so much more especially for the budget. Maybe they need to move it to a better spot? Goldbergs is so funny I hope it makes it. And Killer Women really isnt bad at all but that’s not looking too bright.

Comment by David – January 15, 2014 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a hard sell: a show that with “Marvel” in the title is expected to be a comic book show (despite repeated warnings it wouldn’t be), and it isn’t. So the people not attracted by superheroes don’t test it and the ones who want superheroes leave when they don’t find them.

Comment by John 1138 – January 15, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It wasnt about the superheroes for me, it was about the characters. I watched for about 5 episodes and then left. I honestly dont like most of the actors cast, i cant seem to be intersted in their stories. Especially Skye. Which is a pity. Because this was the show i was most looking forward to.

Comment by Naazneen – January 15, 2014 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon people! Trophy Wife is pretty great!

Comment by Jacob – January 15, 2014 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would like to see them move to after Modern Family. Guess we can hope!:)

Comment by Boiler – January 15, 2014 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is a very good idea!

Comment by TV Gord – January 15, 2014 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Killer Women was actually quite good last night. I just think people are getting tired of these types of shows.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 15, 2014 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t this the second time that Killer Women’s Ratings are down?………ABC might as well send it off to the Tv Grave.

Comment by Jax&Juice's Girl – January 15, 2014 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m enjoying Killer Women as well and I really hadn’t planned on adding it to my viewing menu. I think they are doing a good job.

Comment by Kim R – January 15, 2014 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! It was a better episode than the pilot.

Comment by TV Gord – January 15, 2014 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Given the horrible state of ABC’s dramas, AOS being steady is probably good enough to get a renewal

Comment by Gregory Eckes (@UnitedWhofans) – January 15, 2014 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SERIOUSLY, how mind numbingly dim does NCIS need to get before CBS does the honorable thing and puts it out of its incredibly stupid misery and cancels??

The new girl MUST be Harmon’s mistress as there is no logical reason for the hire.

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! Not getting canceled anytime soon!

Comment by Ash – January 15, 2014 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as it keeps winning the ratings and the 18-49 demo – which it did last night, it’s not going anywhere.

Comment by Znachki – January 15, 2014 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Does not say much about the intellectual and artistic demands of today’s 18 to 49 year olds— nor the talents of the producers and writers of a continuing dumbed down NCIS

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nasty, Mike just nasty. Can;t deal with their success much?

Comment by leia – January 15, 2014 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What does pointing out that the show is dimmer and dumber with each episode, and that the new girl is a total cypher have to do with “nasty”? If I pointed out that you were not terribly clever nor evidenced a scintilla of good taste or have a clue as to excellence perhaps I might be nasty.
        Truth is truth.

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How mind-numbingly dim would a programmer be to cancel the number one drama on network TV?

Comment by TV Gord – January 15, 2014 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As “mind numbingly dim” as those who re-elected Obama or believed that if you “like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance, period!”.

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There is nothing “dim” about re-electing Obama. Not saying he’s great, but the fact is there was not a better candidate on the ballot, & like Barack or not, that is a fact!

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The “better candidate”? Compared to whom , Warren G. Harding? The “better candidate” who as president evesdrops on every american; abused the IRS to attack political opponents; gave guns to drug dealers below the border; Benghazi and the murder of our Ambassador and other Americans; tolerating the use of Chemical weapons against civilians in Syria; the longest economic recession in American history; more Americans without a job since the Great Depression of the 1930′s; record deficits and debt; losing Iraq to al Qaeda; surrendering to Iran and giving them the hard currency to finish the creation of the A bomb; Obamacare and more Americans without insurance now than before, etc., etc., etc. ? At least Romneycare worked.

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 03:32 PM PDT
          • Yeah, you’re right; It “worked” so well that the majority of Americans (myself included) voted against the “Romney Replacement”.

Therefore, you go ahead & wonder what might’ve happened if he’d won. Meanwhile, I’ll join most of the country in stating the obvious: We’d be worse-off than we are now.(Also, I’m pretty sure this is what they mean by, “don’t go off-topic…”.)

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 11:48 PM PDT
      • CBS would STILL have the #1 drama on network TV, & it would STILL have the letters “NCIS” in the title.

If the other networks’ dramas are losers (See: Things like “Killer Women”), does being the winner of them really mean anything?!

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bartender, give the man a shot of Rye on me! To your health, Tim.

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thumbs up!… And that counts all the alcohol I’ve ever drank in my life… Which is why you can keep the booze, & I’ll keep the brain cells.

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 03:27 PM PDT
          • Ah, Tim, it’s an “Expression”. I’m not really buying you a drink here in cyberspace. You don’t get out much, do you.

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 03:35 PM PDT
          • I’m well-aware of the expression… Also, I get out plenty, which is why I see what effects the current president has on the current world, rather than spending time thanking the Lord a worse option wasn’t elected, or comparing him to long-deceased men.

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 03:43 PM PDT
          • Sadly, Tim, you seem to be a glutton for punishment.

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 05:06 PM PDT
          • Another misconception. I don’t enjoy getting it (which rarely happens) or dishing it out (which I have easily & repeatedly done to you).

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 11:51 PM PDT
    • Well, “Mike”, have a little cheese with your whine. (Sour grapes, are soo unattractive in a person).

Comment by Saywhat? – January 15, 2014 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t you ever get tired from recycling this old chestnut— or is this the constant extent of your “wit”?

Comment by Mike Hammer – January 15, 2014 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Goldbergs is under-appreciated. Great cast, great writing and an off-the-beaten-path concept. The story lines are all pulled from Adam Goldberg’s real-life experiences and it taking place in the 80s is a nice change of scenery!

Comment by Xander – January 15, 2014 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Goldberg’s is the funniest new comedy of the season. Glad to see it pick up steam.

Comment by Jared – January 15, 2014 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed last night’s episode of NCIS: LA. I like it more than NCIS, which is becoming tiresome to me. I know some people don’t like long story arcs, and I don’t really like them myself, but I’m interested to see where the White Ghost storyline goes. The Parsa storyline is boring to me. I hope ABC puts Trophy Wife after Modern Family at some point. And as much as I try, I still can’t get into The Originals.

Comment by MP – January 15, 2014 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn. Killer Women was good last night!

Comment by Jerri – January 15, 2014 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have really enjoyed watching Killerr Women it’s a good show. This Tuesday the 21st episode was really good very touching. I can’t believe that they are cutting the show. Geesh! They didn’t even give the show a chance. Maybe moving it on another night might be better. Shows like The Goldbergs stays on the air but a show that has a good storyline gets cut. The Goldbergs is just dumb but I know people like that stuff. Disappointing when these networks don’t give a show a chance. Killer Women has only been on the air not even a month yet.

Comment by Stacie – January 23, 2014 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which is still longer than it deserved! I hate shows like this & “Devious Maids” that are only given shots by big networks due to the big-name actresses PRODUCING (not acting-in) them!!!

Comment by Tim Church – January 23, 2014 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Globes were a reminder “Nine-Nine” is still on the air!! Also, CBS’ show ratings will continue to rise if they kill-off original “NCIS” & put “Intelligence” back in the time slot where it premiered!

As for “Killer Women”, am waiting for exec.-producer to guest (same as “Devious Maids”), &/or the Beth Riesgraf episode!!

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Beth’s episode was last night. TVLINE posted a clip on Tuesday morning.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 15, 2014 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Darn! Hope I can find it On-Demand, online or something. You’d think the on-screen cable guide would mention a guest star like that in the episode-description (or that TV-watchers would shut up about “Community” & give “Leverage” the movie treatment it deserves, ala “Veronica Mars”).

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Discard a 19.5 mil/3.0 NCIS for a show that dropped without that lead-in?

Not happening.

Comment by John 1138 – January 15, 2014 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For a show that (Intelligence) drew 6.1 mil/1.2, from a 16.5 mil/2.4.

Excuse me that’s not a “dropped” that’s a freefall.

Comment by John 1138 – January 15, 2014 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CORRECTION: Without that so-called “lead-in”, there would have been nothing to drop from, & the ratings for the start of CBS’ evening would be MUCH higher!!! That’s why USA Network shows nothing but “NCIS: LA” for their entire non-wrestling schedule on Mondays!!

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So your thesis is the lead-in doesn’t matter? Or that Intelligence would have already been drawing 6.1 mil/1.2 and so been flat off it’s debut?

Comment by John 1138 – January 15, 2014 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Whether lead-ins matter or not is dependent on the individual shows. For instance, “NCIS: LA” needed the original as a lead-in for a few years due to it being a spinoff, & the occasional crossover episode (using “Abby” in both, etc.) However, “LA” has been going as a show long enough people now either love it or don’t care. In addition, Harmon is in talks to help produce yet another spinoff (they should’ve continued “Red”), which is yet another sign the original should end.

Also, I saw the premiere of “Intelligence” (which I watched DESPITE its lead-in). It was a great, original show, which CBS has few of (hence its feeling the need for 50 “CSI”s & “NCIS”s). They should move “LA” & “POI” each up an hour, & keep “Intelligence” from battling “Castle”, WWE, NFL, & more in a tough Monday time-slot war.

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 12:44 PM PDT
          • And the argument it should not:

19.5 mil/3.0

Comment by John 1138 – January 15, 2014 03:17 PM PDT
          • I agree that’s an “argument”, & one I won’t try to refute… I constantly try to be kind to the mentally-disabled/ill.

Comment by Tim Church – January 15, 2014 03:25 PM PDT
  • I love Sheild, the Goldbergs and Trophy wives. Killerwomen is surprisingly good again not sure Tuesday night is the best timeslot for it though. I love Brooklyn 99 the cast is awesome.

Comment by Mika02 – January 15, 2014 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post