Might Sleepy Hollow's Jenny – and Not Abbie – Be a Witness? EP Roberto Orci Says Perhaps

Get More: Previews

Sleepy Hollow Season 1 Spoilers Jenny WitnessRight from the start, Fox’s Sleepy Hollow has been fond of reminding us that two Witnesses – prophesied by the Bible’s Book of Revelation – are destined for a seven-year fight against the forces of darkness.

But the show never guaranteed that Abbie and Ichabod were the two, did it?

The popular drama gallops back tonight for its last episode before next week’s two-hour season finale. The hour, titled “The Vessel,” finds both Macey Irving and Jenny Mills in some seriously demonic trouble and tees up what series co-creator Roberto Orci calls a “juicy” season-ender.

Even more interesting: “You may even come to question whether or not [Jenny] is one of the two Witnesses… or whether or not it’s Abbie,” Orci tells TVLine.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites, Including Sleepy Hollow

During the installment, the evil spirit that’s been bird-dogging Capt. Irving’s daughter ups its game, forcing Abbie and Ichabod’s boss to ask for the duo’s help. As Crane and the leftenant search for answers, they stumble upon something very disturbing – and very close to home – in Corbin’s files. (Spoiler alert! If you can’t wait to find out exactly what we mean, watch this video.)

Orci says the episode will allow us to better understand Lyndie Greenwood‘s Jenny. “The trauma of having seen Moloch with Abbie as children was only the beginning for her,” he previews. “Abbie got off on a different track because she was not willing to tell the truth about what she saw. Meanwhile, Jenny continued to experience things with the supernatural that Abbie is now catching up to.”

RELATED | Fox Boss on Bones ‘Likely’ Final Season, New Broadchurch Ending, Extra Sleepy Hollow Eps

Just as the other Mills sister’s past becomes more clear, the question of which sibling is fated to fight by Ichabod’s side turns murkier. “You’re going to find out that she went on a lot of adventures that may be what Abbie is going through now,” Orci adds.

Do you think Jenny might be the true Witness? Got predictions for the finale? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (19)

• I always had the feeling that the two witnesses were actually Abbie and Jenny.

Comment by Shunda1177 – January 13, 2014 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THat’s always been my fear. I love Jenny and all, but I fear for Abbie getting killed in a twist that reveals Jenny is the witness.

Comment by Josh – January 13, 2014 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope not. The actress who plays Abbie is an absolute joy to watch. I’d rather have a 2 sisters = 2 witnesses twist.

Comment by Brooke – January 13, 2014 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, man, I REALLY hope that wouldn’t be the case. That would not make me happy.

Comment by Angela – January 14, 2014 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always thought the two witnesses were the Mills sisters.

Comment by Hodan – January 13, 2014 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it makes sense if the two sisters are actually the witnesses; meanwhile Ichabod is part of what the girls have to witness, and a participant, not a witness

Comment by Tamim – January 13, 2014 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like if it’s both sisters are the witness and Ichabod is the person that help them fight the darkness

Comment by Aleana – January 13, 2014 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I to thought it was the sisters and that Ichabod was there to help with the horseman. They were bound together through their blood tie and that’s why he’s there/here. Katrina has called him a witness. She has also called Abby a witness. I think this is Moloch messing with Abbie to cause her to question herself and her role. Jenny does play a part in the events unfolding by she’s not a witness. One of the trials might be lose a loved one or kill innocent people and she dies and becomes a ghost guide

Comment by b – January 13, 2014 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had read somewhere, that Jenny might die. I feel bad for Abbie, if she does but it would make sense for her to become a ghost guide. She could really help Abbie and Ichabod from the other side. Who knows, she may even be able to help free Katrina from Purgatory. But I really hope that she does not die, because I really like her in the present and her kick-butt style. So with that, say it ain’t so??????

Comment by Pat – January 13, 2014 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with every word in this post.

Comment by Angela – January 14, 2014 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be ok if someone else was a Witness as long as is doesn’t ruin the dynamic between Ichabod and Abbie. That is the relationship that I am invested in, that is the most interesting part of the show. Take away any suggestion of romance (even though I would like the show to go that route I do accept it may not) they are compelling on every level so if one of them has a different role that is fine as long as they don’t ruin an awesome friendship with some really great moments so far. They are the reason I tune in. If not for them this show would not be anywhere near as awesome as it is. Regardless of the story direction the two of them need to be front and center.

Comment by Jen – January 13, 2014 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with everyone else, definitely thought the two witnesses would end up being Abbie and Jenny… I just hope that doesn’t mean Tom Mison can get killed off.

Comment by Babybop – January 13, 2014 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Mills sisters are the two witnesses but Icabod is to play just as important of a part–maybe he’s meant to protect the witnesses.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 13, 2014 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling that jenny and ichabod are actually the witnesses, and abbie is supposed to be on Moloch’s side, that’s why Adam wants to protect her, because of Moloch’s order?

Comment by dee – January 13, 2014 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’d be a creepy twist. I’m kind of intrigued by that idea, though…

Comment by Angela – January 14, 2014 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still think the two sisters are the witnesses and Ichabod is their guide/protector/savior. Last thing I want is Abbie on Moloch’s side.

Comment by sladewilson – January 14, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The two sisters are probably the witnesses as well as descendants of Ichabod’s son. Ichabod is their protector and will be reunited with Katrina before the series end. Don’t ask me how they will tie all this together, but I’ll be watching until the bitter end.

Comment by Willa – January 15, 2014 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Moloch’s plan is to separate the two witnesses. Crane will betray Abby by leading her into the hands of Moloch thus not betraying Abby but really Jenny. Jenny who is the second witness will become angry at Icabod and thus the wedge between the two true witnesses will be created. Jenny will seek revenge on Icabod for the loss of her sister hence his shrill in the previews “I trusted YOU!” Jenny’s real fear is her sisters death, and when she believes that Icabod killed her sister, that will separate them. Katrina’s role is unclear to me, I think she is a red herring. Further verification that Jenny is a true witness, is that only they can see the evil. Icabod saw the demon in the 1800s, and Jenny has seen supernatural events since that day in the woods. Katrina and Abby are pawns being used by Moloch. But, in all this speculation we have, I believe that the writers have switched gears in certain key plot points due to the success of the show. I don’t think they expected the chemistry between Abby and Crane to be so strong, so to quiet that down (to bring honor to the marriage of Katrina and Icabod) and get back on track they are now allowing Jenny to be the second witness. This confusion is really how writers rewrite plot points to draw attention away, hence Orci’s acknowledgement of Jenny being a witness. One of the two sisters will help Moloch and now that will be Abby and not Jenny. They need to be careful with these strange plot twists or it will be another LOST bringing us back to the same original speculations and season two of the great show will falter. Or no one knows who the witnesses are until the end so they can finally defeat the evil. Remember a man in the woods in 1900s saw the four trees, It’s all about cloak and daggers.

Comment by Gloria – January 18, 2014 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post