Exclusive

Exclusive Nashville Sneak Peek: Scarlett Skewers Avery About Juliette's Nixed Booty Call

Those of you wondering whether Nashville‘s Scarlett didn’t fully understand Juliette’s aborted late-night visit to Avery’s need wonder no longer.

“You don’t turn up at someone’s house at 2 am unless somethin’s pullin’ you there,” Scarlett spits at her man in the following exclusive clip from the ABC series’ first episode of the new year (airing Wednesday at 10/9c).

PREVIEW | Nashville First Look: Is a Rayna-Deacon Reconciliation Close at Hand?

Well said, Scar. (Harsh, but well said.)

Press PLAY on the video below to watch Scarlett turn a rant about Gunnar into a slight on Avery’s affections, then hit the comments with how you think this scuffle might turn out.

Loading video...

1. Amber says:

Well hopefully they break up so he can be with Juliette. Scarlett is freaking horrible, why they heck he wants her anyways is beyond me

2. Shira says:

Well, at least Scarlett is not blind :)

3. Amie says:

Avery is a much better match with Juliette, but that’s not surprising. And Jonathan Jackson is doing some nice, subtle work in that scene. When she says, “I saw the way you looked at her,” he is reflecting about ten different things. I’m glad they pulled Avery away from being a one-note villain and gave him more of a character. He still doesn’t have chemistry with Scarlett, but nobody does, really. Anyway, good job, Jonathan Jackson!

4. Viv says:

Momma Tiger! Rowr! Love her! Scarlett is the ONLY character on this show who has not had a moral crisis! Everybody else has screwed someone over or lied to get what they want. How could you NOT love Scarlett?!

5. shar says:

Can’t wait to see Avery and Juliette together. She definitely needs someone like him. They have great chemistry.

6. Ally Oop says:

Scarlett is my favourite character by far on the show and the most talented singer of the bunch. She is good in her scenes with everyone. And I agree that out of everyone, she has the best moral compass. She does have chemistry with Avery but I do think she and Gunner make a better pair. Avery and Juliette are good for each other.

7. sladewilson says:

Scar has fallen this year. She’s on her moral high horse and yeah, Avery has a major point – you broke up with him and now you’re mad he’s dating someone else? And let’s be clear – you can tell she would be this way no matter who it was. Stand down, Scarlett – you went back to Avery and didn’t say jack to Gunnar and he handled it like, well – an adult. Scarlett’s getting on my last nerves this season. I can’t wait to see her drive Avery right to Jules….

8. the girl says:

I really want Avery with Juliette. Like, I think I am an official shipper over this, despite the fact that calling myself a shipper makes me feel 13 (and/or creepy).

9. Diane says:

When is Avery gonna end it with Scarlett? She is such a kill joy.

10. ren says:

she’s going to regret letting gunnar go… i think she only had chemistry with gunnar when they were in the “will-they-or-won’t-they stage” they had a lot of sexual tension. once they got together, it kind of fell flat imo

11. Tahonia says:

I also like Avery with Juliette, he’s good for her in that he can speak some common sense to her where no one else Besides Deacon has been able to. And she needs it. She is out of control.

12. Benny says:

Well I’m glad they’re finally having a conversaion about the obvious: they’re both in love with someone else. Scarlett always bored me, so whatever, she can go back to Gunnar if she wants (or not). Avery though has become so much more interesting since he started hanging out with Juliette, so I’m hoping we’ll see more of that (Love his scenes Deacon too).