AMC Sets Premieres for Mad Men's Final Season (Part 1), Breaking Bad Spin-Off, Spy Drama Turn

Mad Men Final Season PremiereAMC announces Saturday morning at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that Part 1 of Mad Men‘s goodbye campaign — which will air in two seven-episode batches — will kick off on Sunday, April 13 at 10/9c.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

On the preceding Sunday, April 6, AMC will premiere the Revolutionary War-era spy thriller Turn, at 9 pm.

RELATED | Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season

Meanwhile, Better Call Saul — aka the Breaking Bad prequel/sometimes-sequel spin-off series — is being eyed for a November bow.

Comments (8)

• You guys say April 20th, IGN says April 6th for Turn, so which is it? I’m on your side though, seeing as you just focus on TV unlike IGN.

Comment by Teag – January 11, 2014 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, cannot wait for Mad Men but it’s very annoying how split seasons are a thing now.

Comment by Teag – January 11, 2014 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TURN is April 6; amended.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 11, 2014 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • eh, methinks everyone knows the diference between earlier and later

Comment by theConundrumm – January 11, 2014 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to Turn, hopefully if it is good it will still do well, especially since it is up against the premiere of Game of Thrones.

Comment by Mike R. – January 11, 2014 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more I read about Turn the more interested I am. I can’t wait to check it out.

Comment by LDSK – January 11, 2014 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to wait until April to watch Mad Men? NOT GREAT, BOB!
    I’m never going to get tired of that.
    So basically AMC is determined to get their seven episodes finished out right exactly when the Emmy voting starts. That’s smart. Last year they started the season a couple of weeks too late and Vincent Kartheiser got screwed because of it since his episode aired so far into the voting period. He really should have gotten a nomination.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 11, 2014 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! I thought I was the only one who thought that was amazing and will never forget it. I rewound it so many times and couldn’t stop laughing. Most perfect line ever.

Comment by Steph – January 11, 2014 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post