First Look: The Veronica Mars Movie Poster

The Veronica Mars movie now has a poster and a tagline.

Warner Bros. on Friday released the official one-sheet for the anticipated big-screen adaptation (due out March 14), and it features Kristen Bell’s titular sleuth in all her investigative glory below the catchphrase, “She Thought She Was Out.”

Lucky for us, she thought wrong.

VIDEO | The Veronica Mars Movie Trailer — Could It Also Bring In Non-Fans?

Thoughts?!

Veronica Mars Movie Poster

1. jimbo says:

Kristen never ages. Ever.

2. Mike B. says:

Krysten Ritter gets third billing? That’s surprising.

• Alan says:

given her big role in breaking bad’s second season and her starring role in dont trust the b in apartment 23 i can see why she is billed that high, she is probably the most high profile member of the cast outside of kristen bell.

3. Isaac says:

It’s weird to see Krysten Ritter is billed the THIRD after Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring. Is that a clue?

• C says:

I’m curious about that too. She’s on the poster AND credited so high up. Just a reflection of KR’s rise in public consciousness after the show? Or does Gia Goodman have a big role to play in the mystery?

• b says:

I agree. Especially when Tina Majorino is billed so low. Hmmmmmm.

• Marc says:

Capra, Diggs, Lowell, and Marjorino seem to be listed alphabetically after Dohring, Ritter, and Hansen: I’d guess they have smaller roles in the movie given that Lowell and Marjorino probably have higher profiles than Hansen, having been victims of Shonda Rhimes plotlines.

• Josh says:

Which is upsetting. I miss the days when every relationship in Veronica’s life wasn’t Logan-centric(Logan himself, Logan’s best friend, Logan’s romantic rival)…Remember when Veronica’s two big relationships where her father and her best friend? Remember how that was the best season? Yeah…

• Mikael says:

While I do like Veronica & Logan together, I do miss the Veronica & Wallace friendship. I never realized that they never showed Gia’s reaction to the events of Season 2. It seems like she might have a decent part. I’m so excited for this!

• MM9 says:

I’m excited regardless of how important she ends up being. We never saw her character react to certain… Events in Season 2, and it always bugged me. Really intrigued as to what she’ll have to say to Veronica about certain… Things.

• Ashley says:

Krystan Ritter (remember, she was in that super popular show about meth!)

• Pauli says:

I thought the same thing. I know she’s fairly well known, but considering she’s on the poster, I’m thinking she has a bigger part in the movie than what’s been assumed by most people.

• Josh says:

Honestly, I very interested to see Gia’s role in this. Remember her and Veronica were friends until Veroncia and her dad uncovered what they did about her dad, probably ruining her life(imagine the double whammy of finding out your dad is a monster and than that he got blown up in a plane.)

4. Dawn says:

Very Nancy Drew! LOL

5. BF4 Boat says:

Excellent, what a blog it is! This website gives valuable information to us, keep it up.

6. Will says:

No Duncan?

What are the odds Leighton Meester’s character Carrie Bishop will be attending the Neptune High reunion in a cameo?

Any nods to Lily or Meg? Will Madison Sinclair be offering up a “trip to the dentist”?

Real talk though, am I to believe V and Piz have been together for 10 years? No wonder she runs off to Logan!

• ZmaX says:

Rob said that Veronica and Piz have only recently gotten back together. They haven’t been dating all this time.

• ABBY says:

I think Carrie Bishop was recast because LM has a scheduling conflict? I may be thinking of someone else though…

• Alan says:

rob thomas has said no duncan because his story is done, and frankly that would be way too complicated to explain as part of the events of the movie so its better to keep him out of it.
      the may be a minor reference to lily here and there but no amanda seyfried if thats what you were thinking.

• ddbfhefefnegbegeg says:

Carrie Bishop is in it (recast though due to scheduling conflict, Leighton was shooting a movie 3000 miles across the country when she was needed for this).
      There is one part of the movie where it’s possible Lily and Meg could get a nod, who knows for sure though what was done with that in the end though, it could end up they don’t at all. I believe Rob Thomas was on record saying that he didn’t want to get into that stuff too deeply for fear of confusing new moviegoers (although without a truly wide release I wonder how many such there will be, I hope a lot, but a release to select, select AMC theaters isn’t sounding like a lot). No Rob Thomas was even quoted as saying that V&P have only been together for the past year or so. They only recently reconnected.

7. bobbie says:

Yes! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes …..

8. Alan says:

just when she thought she was out she gets pulled back in.

9. Dave says:

Anybody who is a Veronica Mars fan check out the podcast The Mindrobbers VS…. I am not involved in the podcast in anyway just a fan of it and right now they are doing a Veronica Mars watch covering the entire series. The release 3 episodes a week each episode covering 2 episodes of Veronica Mars. It’s a nice little coma ion piece to the show and I am doing a rewatch with them as they go. Check them out!

10. Nana Butters says:

Is this going straight to DVD?

11. shannon says:

I’m excited about the movie. Strangely I liked Logan after all he proved himself. Unfortunately I found the show after it ended and wish I caught it when it was on. It truly is a great show and I liked the heroine as a kick assuming junior detective. I really liked the actor who played her dad too. I like the poster. I hope the movie ends with Logan and Veronica together otherwise I might be mad.

12. Pjvtraveler says:

My inner fan girl is sqeeing at the top of her lungs!!!!

13. Will says:

Hmm, actually not loving the poster. I can see why fans (which I am) would be excited, but I’m not sure what someone who had never seen or heard of the show would make of it. Rob Thomas was saying he wants it to appeal to newcomers, yet if I had just seen this poster alone and didn’t know the show, I would probably expect it be a dark thriller. It doesn’t convey any of the show’s humor or bouncy tone.

• JJ says:

OTOH it seemed like a lot of people avoided in the first place because they thought it was a super-light teen soap opera for tweens, like not even Disney Channel, but Disney Channel light, which it sure as heck was nothing remotely like or a pure comedy which is wasn’t either. So this might counter that somewhat and between this and that maybe they end up with it all mixed together in their heads and actually get what it really is about? Veronica Mars could get pretty dark at times and it was a lot thriller and detective, I mean it was film noire, although yeah it did have all the witty lines and good humor too and it’s bright sides.