Switched at Birth Boss on Bay and Daphne's New Boys, 'Interesting' Toby Arc and More

Change is in the air when ABC Family’s Switched at Birth returns this Monday at 8/7c — and we’re not just talking about Carlton’s new name.

Bay and Daphne are also forming friendships with a couple of new boys (played by Glee‘s Max Adler and Breaking Bad‘s RJ Mitte) in Season 3. And any time a cute face enters a teen’s life, there’s always the possibility for romance.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza: Exclusive Scoop on 31 Returning Series

So what does that mean for Bay and her ex Emmett? Will Daphne, still recovering from her disastrous relationship with Jace, connect with or push away Mitte’s wheelchair-bound intern? And what’s in store for the rest of the Kennish and Vasquez clans?

Flip through the slideshow as executive producer Lizzy Weiss gives TVLine a breakdown of each character’s arc.

1. Lauren says:

Excited about the new characters, love Max Adler and RJ Mitte. Wonder if Austin Butler will be back when Carrie Diaries is unfortunately cancelled.

2. Anne says:

I hope John gets some cumuppence this year. He’s an unbearable jerk.

3. Lliannan says:

Wait, I thought Angelo gave the baby back to that couple. Did I fall asleep?

4. KM says:

I love this show so much. It’s so different than anything I’ve ever watched. I can’t even fully express how excited I am for Monday!

5. liz says:

no one could be worse than Jace; goodness I’m glad he’s gone. But yay SaB is back!!!!! My favourite show!!!

6. Command says:

This show is so good! Can’t wait.

7. BGM says:

I’ve never watched Switched at Birth before, but will be tuning in to see Max Adler as Tank. I caught up on the previous episodes on Netflix so I’m not lost, and this is a real hidden gem of a show. I would have never even heard of it otherwise, if they hadn’t brought Max on board. So glad they did; I’m looking forward to being a regular viewer now,

8. David says:

I am watching this series from few weeks Lets watch how they act in this show.

9. genesis lopez says:

I want to see bay with ty they make sucj a cute couple♥_♥ (no other boy into bays life pleaseee!!!)

10. A says:

The actress that plays Bay looks and comes off quite young… Watching her with Ty was like a big brother/little sister gone wrong. Max Adler looks even older… Yikes. Can’t they find an age appropriate guy for her? Or, better yet, give her a storyline that isn’t about a boy?

• Lliannan says:

Yeah, Max is pushing 30. I mean, he looks relatively young, but passing for a college freshman? That’s getting into Daphne/Chef Jeff creepiness.

11. Pearl says:

“”They are always each other’s first person to go to, to talk through things. A lot of us have had friends like that — the guy friend who maybe was an ex who you still feel that emotional intimacy with, and they know you better than anyone, so you can talk through a lot of stuff.””

And you just described the best/worst thing in my life.
    But I’m Emmet, without the cheating part.

12. heather_slaight@hotmail.com says:

Bay needs to get back with Emmett so he made a mistake forgive him and move on
    They were the perfect couple

13. ashley says:

Bay and emmett were perfect together he is tje reason for me watching the show they need to be together so he’s not just pushed to the side we dnt see wnough of him

14. judy says:

is there going to be a season four