Exclusive: Watch Bitten's Laura Vandervoort Get Sexy, Scary and Hairy in the First 3 Minutes

Get More: Exclusive, Premieres, Video

When Laura Vandervoort opts not to cuddle, trust her on that, ‘K?

TVLine has secured the first three minutes from the series premiere of Syfy’s Bitten, and in the course of that sequence you’ll see the Smallville alum’s Elena Michaels evolve from lithe lover to panting lycanthrope.

VIDEO | Syfy Monday Promo Touts ‘Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts… and Everything Else’

Based on the Women of the Otherworld novels by Kelley Armstrong, Bitten stars Vandervoort as the lone female werewolf in existence. Desperate to escape both a world she never wanted to be part of and the man who turned her into a werewolf, Elena has taken refuge in a new city. But when bodies start turning up in her pack’s backyard, Elena returns to the werewolves’ ancestral domain, realizing that when push comes to shove, she’ll stop at nothing to defend her pack.

PHOTOS | Meet the Cast of Syfy’s Helix — Plus Our Advice for the Thriller’s Characters

Stateside, Bitten premieres Monday, Jan 13 at 10/9c on Syfy; in Canada, it bows Saturday, Jan. 11 at 9 pm on Space. Watch these first minutes and tell us if you plan to “bite.”

Loading video...

Comments (24)

• I hope she’s not the kind of wolf-wolf werewolf, where they get an actual wolf to play the part. That’s always disappointing.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 10, 2014 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, who/what else would play the part of the wolf then…???

Comment by AKU – January 10, 2014 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Prostetics. Watch American Werewolf in London, The Howling, and Underworld.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 10, 2014 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Teen Wolf does cool prosthetic make up effects in the transformation scenes and all that.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 12, 2014 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the books, she is.

Comment by amy – January 10, 2014 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Those kind of werewolves are boring. Everyone is doing them like that now.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 10, 2014 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The book’s from 2000, it’s not exactly copying off of more recent stuff.

Comment by Jay – January 13, 2014 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Didn’t say it was. I’m just saying that the use of real wolves is boring to me. I prefer it when they use prosthetics, like in American Werewolf and Teen Wolf, or CGI like in The Wolfman remake and Underworld.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 13, 2014 09:29 AM PDT
  • The transformation leading up to the guy in Hemlock Grove turning into a werewolf was amazing, but then he becomes an actual wolf, and that was super disappointing because it’s become cliche. In contrast, both the transformation in American Werewolf and the look of the wolf are both amazing.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 10, 2014 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer real wolves to be honest, bigger sized ones. Anyway, I hope the tv series lives up to the books, they are my favourite paranormal romance books. Which isn’t that hard since I am not a huge fan of paranormal romance, but I loved Bitten.

Comment by Lauren – January 10, 2014 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay… I guess.

Comment by Taken – January 10, 2014 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh. I like Laura Vandervoort, but I’m not sure about this. I might check it out once it hits Netflix though. Too bad they didn’t cast Laura rather than Katie Cassidy on Arrow – I’ve often thought she would have made a great Black Canary.

Comment by JC – January 10, 2014 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll still check it out, but that clip did nothing for me.

Comment by Diz – January 10, 2014 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll going to check it out hope stay true to the books but put their spin on it I just happy we have a another show with a female lead who isn’t a damsel in distress

Comment by Aleana – January 10, 2014 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though this is off topic I love Arrow and they doing a spin off with Flash I think that great but can we get a Woman Superhero show

Comment by Aleana – January 10, 2014 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They tried WOnder Woman and Birds Of Prey – big failures. But Buffy was basically a woman Superhero show and that worked

Comment by Jason – January 10, 2014 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve seen an extended trailer of this and a long interview with Laura and the show runner about the show and I can’t wait to check it out. My only beef with the show is that the main character is named Elena–I might keep thinking about the annoying Elena Gilbert.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 10, 2014 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on aboutnici.

Comment by aboutnici – January 10, 2014 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO NO NO! I’m sick of the idea that werewolves turn into regular dog-like wolfs. I was going to watch but now have no interest.

Comment by Bobby Milford – January 11, 2014 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are fantastic books with exceptional character and plot development. I really hope those qualities come through on the show. I can’t wait to watch it and find out for myself!

Comment by OlyBlue – January 13, 2014 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG SO AMAZING….SHE IS HOT AND MAKES A DEADLY WOLF…I WILL SAY THEY COULD DO BETTER ON HOW THE WOLF MOVES….YES LAURA IS NICE TO WATCH AND IM GONA FOLLOW THIS SERIES FORESHURE…LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT !!

Comment by Brian – January 18, 2014 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to watch, but can’t. No cable TV here and syfy is locked down so that I couldn’t pay for access even if I wanted. Oh well. Idiots.

Just like the Olympics. They are going to force me to pay someone overseas to watch instead of accepting my money.

Perhaps it will come to netflix or amazon prime?

Comment by JD – January 20, 2014 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Netflix does get most of Syfy’s shows. Not sure about Amazon Prime. It takes a while though. A lot of times they don’t put the last season up until shortly before the new one airs. They do have the episodes for sale on iTunes and Amazon. And last I checked they were still putting episodes on Hulu (free) with a 30 day delay. Not great, but still quicker than waiting for Netflix I suppose.

Comment by JC – January 20, 2014 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post