Nashville Preview Pics: Is a Rayna-Deacon Reconciliation Close at Hand?

Get More: Photo Gallery, Previews

It’s official, Nashville fans: The polar vortex is lifting.

We’re not talking about the arctic cold that’s been gripping the country — we’re referring to the icy chill between former lovers Rayna Jaymes and Deacon Claybourne, which appears to be melting in the following photos from the Jan. 22 outing “Just For What I Am.”

According to the episode’s official synopsis: “Rayna asks Deacon to help write a much-needed hit for her new album, and it’s like old times — perhaps too much.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Nashville Books Kelly Clarkson

Elsewhere in the hour, Scarlett sings with guest star Zac Brown (who plays himself) but continues to struggle with the demands of fame; Gunnar get an invite to write with Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus (also playing himself); and Jeff’s furious that concert venues are abandoning Juliette’s tour in droves.

Click through the photos below to see the First Lady of Country Music share a moment with her soulmate — who also has what looks like a productive meeting at a restaurant — and to see Teddy glower at something. (Is that guy ever happy?)

Tags: ,

Comments (16)

• I like this show, I really do, but it’s getting boring. The cliffhanger from December had me like “who cares?”.

Comment by choco – January 9, 2014 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more. I used to love this show, but now it feels like a mess. It’s literally all over the place, and I know the ABC was firm on this becoming a soap but it’s not working. They should stick strictly to the music industry. And I’m sooooo tired of Scarlett acting scared of every damn thing about being famous.

Comment by Drew – January 9, 2014 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it’s because freakin ABC wants it to be a soap, while the writers want it to be a realistic drama about country music stars. this battle has been known and reported on since the start and t-bone burnett confirmed it himself in an interview a while back. this show should’ve been on cable or something. i still quite enjoy it, but wish it were less soapy at the same time (pig’s blood? rayna’s dad being responsible for her mom’s accident? yawn.)

Comment by Bee – January 9, 2014 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are the worst in soapy cliffhangers, I admit, but they are GREAt in the important things…which is the rest.it was never their intention to become Revenge or Scandal so these elements doesn’t feel organic to the show. But they need some drama so people will be watching and I think that this season they slowly but surly found the right balance. For crazy cliffhangers I go to other shows. For good entertainment with great music, and enormous heart I go to Nashville and loving every minute.

Comment by Shira – January 9, 2014 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Got boring to me like 2 episodes in this second season, I just skip everything else that isn’t Juliete Barns

Comment by Victor Hugo David – January 10, 2014 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really don’t understand the fascination with Juliette Barnes. The character is fun but no more.it’s SO not why I love the show and certainly not why I will continue watching it. Much more interested in all the other things going on there.

Comment by Shira – January 11, 2014 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Rayna and Deacon photos….Finally :)

Comment by Shira – January 9, 2014 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!!! Rayna & Deacon ….

Comment by S – January 9, 2014 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show, can’t wait. Rayna and Deacon all the way. Hoping for Juliette and Avery hookup.

Comment by shar – January 9, 2014 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s quite the soap, yes, but I can’t stop loving the show! Some stuff seems out of place but I pretty much watch the show because of Juliette. Rayna is meeh. Scarlett… yawn!

Comment by +1 – January 9, 2014 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t. Wait!!! I guess I was the only who liked the rich guy that was after Juilette. I know he was married but they were divorcing. I thought he was interesting and he was pretty darn good looking!

Comment by Rebecca – January 9, 2014 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not the only one, I really liked him too!

Comment by Rain388 – January 10, 2014 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who isn’t looking forward to more Rayna and Deacon? He is so much more fun when he isn’t on that hamster wheel.

Comment by leo21 – January 9, 2014 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, LOL, I think you are the only one. The characters have such a great history, and deep connection, and the actors have such amazing chemistry, how can you not root for them?

Comment by Jacque – January 11, 2014 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Leo21, you’re not the only one. I adore Deacon and I believe he deserves better than that unhealthy emotional affair.

Comment by Euvee – January 16, 2014 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for more Liam-Rayna scenes this week instead of Rayna-Deacon but still, I love this show.

Comment by Emma – January 22, 2014 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post