TVLine Items: Teen Wolf Returns to Series Highs, Charisma Carpenter's Evil Renewal and More

Teen Wolf Season 3 RatingsMTV’s Teen Wolf has more bite than ever, drawing its largest audience ever — 2.5 million total viewers — to its Season 3b premiere on Monday night.

Among the target demo of 12-34, the episode matched a series high 2.3 rating, while setting new bests with teens.

The Wolf Watch companion show led out of that with a 1.4 rating among the 12-34 crowd.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 75+ January Premieres, Finales and More

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….

* Investigation Discovery has renewed the Charisma Carpenter-hosted Surviving Evil for a second, 10-episode season, to premiere later this year, TV Guide Magazine reports.

* Aisha Tyler of The Talk and Archer will guest-star on a March episode of ABC’s Modern Family, playing a former law school clasmate of Mitchell’s, per EW.com.

RELATED | Modern Family Books a Trip to Australia — But Who’s Paying?

* Pushing Daisies alum Anna Friel has scored a lead role in the NBC pilot Odyssey, playing Sgt. Odelle Ballard, a soldier pulled into an international military conspiracy along with a corporate attorney and a political activist, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

* Olympic medalist figure skater Nancy Kerrigan has been added to NBC’s coverage of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, 20 years after her infamous encounter with Tonya Harding in Lillehammer.

* Following the business model that made last year’s Under the Dome financially sound, CBS has inked a deal to have Amazon Prime Instant Video exclusively host streaming of its upcoming summer series Extant, starring Halle Berry.

Comments (8)

• I still miss Pushing Daisies so much!

Comment by Francine – January 8, 2014 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I have it on DVD and re-watch it when new shows are on hiatus. It was such a sweet, happy little show.

Comment by CJ – January 8, 2014 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Teen Wolf did better than most CW shows. I watched the premiere of Season 3B myself and it’s fast becoming one of my favourite shows. Though the writing at times is overthought and too jumbled, the excellent cast, cinematography and storyline pace more than makes up for it.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 8, 2014 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teen Wolf had an amazing Season 2, but Season 3a was super-convoluted. I’m glad it’s managed to build on its audience despite that. Here’s hoping Season 3b focuses the narrative again. And more Stiles, please!

Comment by DL – January 8, 2014 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with DL, the mythology really started taking over the show in 3A. I hope 3B is more focused. The premiere was great so I’m happy about these ratings.

Comment by Steven – January 8, 2014 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree completely! This season looks to be a thrilling fun ride to watch already.

Comment by mk – January 8, 2014 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they tried to fit way too much into 3A and they never explained things enough. They just jumped around too much without delving too deeply into characters’ thinking. They introduced a big bad villain only to defeat him too quickly. Despite all this I am still watching the show. Much less whoa is me moody blues than Vampire Diaries which I still watch as well. The show as a Buffy feel to it.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 8, 2014 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post