Exclusive Bones Clip: Pelant's 'Return' Rattles Brennan, Launches Her on Killer New Mission

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Pelant’s been in dirt-nap mode for three months yet Brennan still can’t get the pesky psychopath out of her head.

In Friday’s all-new Bones (8/7c, Fox), Pelant pays his former muse a nocturnal visit and plants another seed about the Ghost Killer — a serial menace Brennan believes, now more than ever, exists.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza: Exclusive Scoop on 31 Returning Series, Including Bones

Booth, however, remains highly skeptical. In fact, he thinks his wife has gone off the deep end, and he’s not shy about telling her exactly that in the following exclusive clip.

Tags: ,

Comments (50)

• This show gets dumber each season. Glad it’s finally ending after this season. 5 years too late.

Comment by Issa – January 8, 2014 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did I miss something? Where did you hear or read that it was ending after this season?

Comment by Rachel Scott – January 8, 2014 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rachel, Issa appears to be a troll. Do not feed the trolls. Bones will most likely be re-newed for a season 10-and that’s according to Hart Hanson per his twitter feed.

I thought this clip was really good. Seems like it’s setting up to be a good, creepy episode.

Comment by Lisa – January 8, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t know what kind of contact lense or glasses you are wearing but This was not a creepy episode.

Comment by Thomas – January 8, 2014 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • how would you know if the episode is creepy or not, it hasn’t even aired yet

Comment by Kara – January 8, 2014 04:24 PM PDT
          • Thomas, I didn’t say this particular clip was creepy, I said that it’s setting up the episode to be creepy. Maybe you should check your contact lenses so that you can read someone’s post correctly before making a rude comment about it.

Comment by Lisa – January 9, 2014 06:08 AM PDT
    • If you think the show is dumb then why do you bother watching the clips or commenting. Just don’t watch it. I don’t know where your info that it’s ending this season came from as a matter of fact every report I have seen indicates that there will be a season 10. Why would Fox get rid of one of their top rated shows?

Comment by mandy – January 8, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Omg! You just spoke my mind!

Comment by Ana Cláudia (@Chinchila_Mat) – January 8, 2014 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why retire Bones? Because the stories are getting tired and the staff are not moving on in their lives. Bringing Cam in was good but even she can only stay for so long before it looks like she’s standing still. Remember she was a NYC Coroner. Brennan should go into teaching, Booth promoted to Section Head, the interns finally vie for the top jobs, and the Hodgins move to Nevada. The lives of the people have become more important than the crimes or the forensics, two items which drew me to the show from the first episode.

Comment by Kenn Davis – January 8, 2014 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if it gets dumber and dumber, why are you still watching —????? this is a great show and last I heard it wasn’t ending,,,,,,,

Comment by donna cichocki – January 8, 2014 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t recall seeing anything about the show being cancelled. I personally hope not. Those of us that still watch don’t think it’s dumb but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Comment by Carmen – January 8, 2014 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if you’re not a fan, you don’t have to comment or watch the series; some people actually do like this show and find it rude when someone calls it “dumb” just because they don’t like it. keep it to yourself next time, thanks.

Comment by angel – January 8, 2014 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BACK OF HATER!!!

Comment by Manuella (@ManuellaBones) – January 8, 2014 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • after all the years that she spent up there alone at night studying bones, and now he’s got an issue with her doing her job because now he’s married to her. geees- she’s on to something- she has a hunch- something she learned from him. he doesn’t have to be such a prick- especially considering that he has his own ptsd to deal with and she doesnt give him grief over it.

Comment by Sara McCabe – January 8, 2014 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She doesn’t have a hunch and he’s not a prick. He’s a concerned husband who’s worried about his wife having repeat nightmares and becoming obsessed about a maybe serial killer Pelant clued her in on. Why doesn’t she call in all her squints to go through the boxes like they did for gormogon or in Patriots?

Comment by caprigirl60 – January 8, 2014 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • do you watch the show? anyone who has kept up with the current season knows that’s not what it going on at all.

Comment by kennedy – January 8, 2014 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brennan doesnt have any evidence and she is acting like a nutjob….Booth is there being the concerned husband and a concerned FBI partner….She has a kid at home who needs a mentally stable mother not a wired up one who is not spending time with her kid, instead obsessed with her work, chasing ghosts and hunches.

Comment by Anon – January 8, 2014 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OOOO, good scene, Booth isn’t going to let Pelant dictate how Brennan investigates, either during her dreams or while awake, a supportive husband all the way. This ep is starting to get a bit more interesting

Comment by Jill – January 8, 2014 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks very interesting. I’m not going to make assumptions seeing only a minute of the show, but she’s obviously troubled and he’s concerned about her. Wonder what the nightmares are like that Booth is referring to? Can’t wait to watch – looks good.

Comment by Lois – January 8, 2014 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed the clip won’t load but I’m a huge Bones fan. I own all eight seasons on DVD and will get nine as soon as it’s out. Looking forward to ten

Comment by Beth – January 8, 2014 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When did Booth turn into such a toll? He was a total Dbag here. Wow. Out of line. He’s been such a jerk lately. Last episode with that poor man who lost his daughter and now this? This is just crossing the line. I’m at the point where Brennan needs to take her daughter and get away from him. He’s emotionally abusive now.

Comment by Britt – January 8, 2014 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously have a word with yourself. If you think Booth is emotionally abusive go seek mental help yourself. . . what you said is just insulting to people who are actually are….wow Bones articles really attract the white coat brigade. …..FYI the father who lost his daughter last ep actually did commit child abuse by not giving a crap where his daughter was or how she coped whilst he was working night and day….Booth was doing his job. Deal with it.

Comment by Jess – January 8, 2014 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree…booth was a complete tool to the math professor that lost his daughter…completely insensitive

Comment by Joe – January 8, 2014 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t. Feed. The. Trolls. . . BOOTH >

Comment by Anon – January 8, 2014 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reading the comment section in the Bones fandom is like sticking your head in the Looney Bin and running for the hills.

Comment by Me – January 8, 2014 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually agree with you, he was a real jerk to that professor last episode. & no I’m not a troll, Booth is usually one of my favorite characters, but lately he has been a jerk. Once again bones is one of my favorite shows on tv so I’m not a troll.

Comment by Nick – January 8, 2014 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best Show on TV! Keep it going! And btw, there is no confirmation or even hint that they are not going to keep going for a next season.

Comment by Megan Burgess – January 8, 2014 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So being concerned that your wife is having nightmares which he is obviously privy to sleeping next to her is being emotionally abusive! Some people either need to grow up or worry about their own sinking show and stop commenting on our successful one!

Anyway I loved Booth’s concern. Brennan shouldn’t let Pelant win even from beyond the grave. She should do what she does best and solve the mystery on her own terms! All the critics who have seen this ep love it so bring it on!

Comment by Debs – January 8, 2014 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, a concerned husband who is worrying about his wife’s obsessive behavior is a “jerk” and a “pr$$k?” btw, who is taking care of Christine while her mum is obsessing over 18 yr old bones? Certainly not her mum. Get over it, Booth is not and never will be a door mat.

Comment by atlanta – January 8, 2014 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna get zapped for this but I’m in agreement with some of the trolls :S Booth has been a bit of a white stain you find on bed sheets lately but to be fair to everyone else he is just being the supportive husband here telling her to do it her way but basically don’t run yourself into the ground doing it, that’s supportive not being a what I said earlier :)

Comment by madmonkeyemz – January 8, 2014 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have enjoyed Bones for many years, but the character of Pelant has been a miss from the beginning. First misstep from the writers since first season of too many characters. That was resolved. Pelant needs to go. Should not have been resumed again!

Comment by Barbara OConnoe – January 8, 2014 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about Pelant – the character was written as being ridiculously powerful (TV series always oversimplify how easy it is to hack into anything). If he where that powerful, he’d have been public enemy #1, with the entire government (FBI, NSA, CIA) working to find him, not just Booth and the Jeffersonian crew.

Comment by Kenny – January 9, 2014 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is still one of the best shows on TV. I’m looking forward to the Ghost Killer storyline. Of course Brennan is going to be tormented by Pelant’s taunt that cases are connected and she missed it and that she’ll never catch the female serial without him. Great writing, storylines, and acting nine seasons in. If any show deserves a tenth season Bones is that show. Criminal Minds does so as well. <3 #TVLine

Comment by b – January 8, 2014 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *killer

Comment by b – January 8, 2014 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just the mention of Pelant makes me not give a crap.

Comment by Mark – January 8, 2014 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am the complete opposite I like Pelant a lot I think he is the best killer ever on Bones. I think the show kind of got a little less dramatic, and the main reason I watch Bones. I wonder how this episode is going to be like. But I hope this episode is good, I mean I hope that Pelant is…. I do know?

Comment by daisy – January 8, 2014 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hell yeah!!!!! he had everything she has but negative .. i loved him….

Comment by Mrs Harrison – January 9, 2014 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t Steven Nathan say that Pelant was going to be back “in the flesh” I guess I’ll have to wait and see the episode and see if Steven Nathan was lying or mot.

I know that Pelant was going to die but couldn’t the EP’s do better on killing him off. Come on it was TO EASY!!! That was a dumb way to kill him!!!!!
    Anyways this is a show anything can happen.

Comment by daisy – January 8, 2014 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was always a little curious about the way they “shot” his death scene.. The way it was portrayed in slow motion an all. They have never done that with the Booth killing anyone else before.

Comment by Jeramie – January 8, 2014 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what I thought to. I like Pelant!!! I hope that he is some how alive because if not this will be the last episode I watch of Bones. Without Pelant in the show the show isn’t dramatic enough nor entertaining, so if Pelant is really dead I will never watch Bones again. I’ll only know until I watch Fridays episode and that’s all if he is dead.

Comment by GO Pelant! – January 8, 2014 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Pelant was over the top and totally unrealistic with his “abilities”, it was written more like a cartoon character than something from a somewhat realistic TV show,

Comment by Jake – January 9, 2014 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would rather Booth and Brennen never married, if the writer’s are going to destroy their relationship??

Comment by Kris Fuerst – January 8, 2014 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Bones was ending this season we would have heard that for a concrete fact by now. So no worries there. The clip is giving me issues, but you have to rememeber Booth knew whatvit was like to grow with a dad who just wasn’t there. The father in the last episode was worse. He was there but checked out mentally. Booth, I think more identified with the daughter, just as Brennan identified with the father. People like that always made Booth uncomfortable…he always said Bones was the only smart person he liked. And why on Earth would he want Brennan beating herself up over something Pelant put into her head, from his point of view Pelant already took enough from them, he isn’t gonna let him destroy Brennan mentally too.

Comment by Sam – January 8, 2014 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enough with Pelant already.

Comment by jj – January 8, 2014 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am unable to watch the clip, but that is ok, because I have been a true Bones Fan since this show started and I cannot wait for Friday night to resume my long run as a viewer of this show.

Comment by Pat – January 8, 2014 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SPOILER!!!! Google and check out “Bones season 9 spoilers guide.com” to see 5 sneak peeks!

Comment by daisy – January 8, 2014 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations! Everyone is doing exactly what the storyline and this article wants … making DRAMA! Bones is my favorite show and I will be loyal to the end! But these are characters! Actors doing nothing more than acting (brilliantly, I might add)! But some of these comments are ridiculous.

Comment by Megan – January 8, 2014 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And they never revealed up what Pelant did to B & B’s clock radio in their bedroom – I wonder if that’s going to come into play at some point?

Comment by Kenny – January 9, 2014 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good grief pelant needs to be given a rest enough is enough!!!!!!! thought i read under tv line going to be 10th season but probably last.

Comment by barbara – January 15, 2014 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post