Brandon Routh Gets Enlisted: Exclusive Details

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Brandon Routh EnlistedNo less than Superman may bust up a nascent romance on the new Fox comedy Enlisted (premiering Friday at 9:30/8:30c).

RELATED | An Enlisted Education: 6 Things to Know about Fox’s New Army Comedy

Sources confirm for TVLine that Brandon Routh is set to appear in at least two episodes on the military-themed comedy as Sgt. Brandon Stone, a soldier who until very recently was serving overseas and now will serve as an adversary for Private Practice alum Chris Lowell’s character, Corporal Derrick Hill — having once been wed to his love interest (played by Jessy Hodges of the web series Anyone But Me).

Routh himself revealed the gig during a recent red carpet appearance, but offered no details.

RELATED | Enlisted Casting Scoop: Hart of Dixie Vet Joins the Ranks

Since donning Clark Kent’s spectacles back in the 2006 motion picture Superman Returns, Routh’s TV credits have included an arc on Chuck, the CBS sitcom Partners and the Crackle series Chosen. He also can be seen on an upcoming episode of CBS’ The Millers.

Once again, Enlisted premieres this Friday, following Raising Hope.

Comments (11)

• I may have been the only one who watched him on Partners but I found him adorable on the show. Glad he’s back on tv and in a comedy where he can be funny and show off his physique :)

Comment by Nicole – January 7, 2014 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved that show too, I was really upset when it was cancelled, although I saw that coming.

Comment by Babar – January 7, 2014 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched that show.

Comment by Linda – January 7, 2014 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For a second there I thought it said that he has been “enlisted” as Chris Lowell’s love interest. Would have been even more interesting. In general plus military and all that jazz. Regardless, sounds like an interesting character and a good casting choice.
    And yes, he was charming on “Partners” and he was able to show his “tougher side” on “Dylan Dog”. So, I am sure he will be right for “Enlisted”

Comment by GingerGivens – January 7, 2014 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same.

Comment by Babar – January 7, 2014 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t know Enlisted was a woodworking show.

Comment by JAB – January 7, 2014 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because you’ll be dust by Monday, because you’ll be pulverized in two seconds. The cleaning lady? She cleans up…..dust. She dusts.

Comment by Darth Pablo – January 7, 2014 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its ashame that Enlisted has such a great cast for a show destined for cancellation. Horrible timeslot Fox.

Comment by Jared – January 7, 2014 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Fox, do you expect them to schedule shows in a time slot that isn’t horrible?

Comment by Jerri – January 8, 2014 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was on the fence about Enlisted. This BR casting makes the decision so much easier.

I’ll be tuning out.

Comment by CM – January 7, 2014 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Brandon is gonna more on TV more. I can’t wait to see him on Enlisted.

Comment by Joey – January 7, 2014 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post