Happy Birthday, TVLine: Revisiting Our 10 Biggest Scoops From the Past Three Years

Although I still think we could pass for two-and-a-half (even two, depending on the lighting), TVLine is, as of today, three years old. Shocking, right?

Back when we started, Olivia Pope was but a gleam in Shonda Rhimes’ eye, Charlie Sheen had yet to embark on his Violent Torpedo of Self-Destruction Truth tour, and Netflix was just that red envelope that kept showing up in your mailbox.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza: Exclusive Scoop on 31 Series, Including Scandal, Sherlock, Big Bang and More

To put it mildly — and I speak now on behalf of TVLine’s whole Scooby gang (Matt Mitovich, Michael Slezak, Kim Roots, Vlada Gelman, Andy Patrick, Jason Averett and the much-missed Meg Masters) — it’s been a wild and wildly rewarding 36 months. And to mark the occasion, we’ve dug deep into our archives and unearthed our 10 biggest stories since our launch. (I suspect some of the finalists will manage to surprise you.)

Scroll through the gallery below and then, if the spirit moves you, wish us a happy birthday in the comments!

1. abz says:

I was shocked you guys have only been around for three year. Happy Birthday TVLine! I don’t know how I’d be able to wait for most of my shows to return without scoops from you guys :)

2. Bobbi says:

Happy birthday, TVLine! I have been a faithful reader since day one, since you started with at least three of my favorite entertainment writers. You are on my list of sites I read daily. Thank you for such terrific coverage and diverse opinions. You are all a delight!

3. K. says:

Happy B-Day…..Every time I see a picture of Lexi and Mark together makes me smile and then makes me sad!!!!

4. Steve F. says:

Happy birthday, TVLine! Came here because of Ausiello and Mitovich, and glad I stayed on!

5. Kristin says:

I have been following you Micheal since your days at TV Guide! Congratulations on three years running TV Line!
    I know it’s a group effort though so many thanks to the entire TV Line crew!
    This is the ONLY site I visit for all things tv scoops!

6. Mr Zero TV, N tTVf, TV Scout, Code Boy, our office Muse Julie, 'the money-guys' and our fearless robot-dog 'Hymie' says:

Congratulations Michael and the TVLine team – thank you so much for the great work you all do each day – you bring great information and a smile to each of us who follow your work.

Keep up the great work, and best wishes for another 3 (no, make that 3-0) years!

Happy Birthday TVLine – many more to come,

– The west coast Silicon Valley startup gang

7. Maryann says:

Happy Birthday! I come to the site every day and would be lost without it. Thank you!

8. Tessa says:

Happy Birthday to Tvline!

9. Angela says:

Aw, cool, happy birthday, TVLine! Thanks for being a great source of news for TV shows-I love the variety of stuff you cover and discuss.
    I definitely remember a good deal of those articles-the comments were about as crazy and entertaining as the actual stories themselves sometimes, if not more so! Here’s to many more years of business-I can’t wait to see what the next big, most-talked about stories on here will be (*Knocks on wood that her favorite shows don’t have any scary bad news bombshells dropped on them anytime soon!*).

10. It’s going to be end of mine day, however before ending I am reading this
    fantastic piece of writing to improve my know-how.

11. Riley says:

Happy birthday TVLine team! What a milestone!

Nicely done on the list. By the looks of it, your scoop about Lisa Edelstein remains undefeated. I hope you bring us more news about her soon.

12. Anna says:

Happy birthday TVLine! Thanks for being awesome!

13. Ames says:

Happy Birthday…u guys are totes adorbs!

14. tvdiva says:

OMG I am so addicted to TVLINE. Or is it Michael and Matt who I have followed where ever they went? Anywho, TVLINE is my guilty pleasure which I read nightly (instead of the paper or any other web site.) Keep on rocking the spoilers and stories – I love it!

15. LABete says:

Happy Birthday, TVLine! I love your site so much! I followed Michael Slezak over from EW and stayed for all of your great writers! Thanks especially for your expanded coverage of SOA and other cable dramas! I check in multiple times a day to see what you have to say about my favorite shows.

16. Gigi says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TVLINE!!!! May there be many more!!

17. Pawan Arora says:

Happy Birthday Tvline, (Michael and crew). You Rock. I love your commentary and recaps and stuff. Nice work don’t ever change you awesome guys.

18. alex jones says:

strange, I’ve never clicked any of these stories.

19. MP says:

Happy Birthday, TVLine! Here’s to many more! I’ve followed Mr. Ausiello since his column in TVGuide. I used to read Watch With Kristin, but it hasn’t been the same for a long time now. TVLine is one of my favorite and most-visited websites. I check it several times a day for my TV scoop. I like the layout and I really enjoy is the comments section. There’s a healthy number of commenters usually and that makes for good discussion, even if you happen to disagree on the subject.

20. ggny says:

Happy Birthday TVLine. And im happy this site was founded by Michael and the crew because the rest of the TV sites kinda started to suck. EOnline turned to crap after the site redesign Watch with Kristin just isnt the same anymore havent been there in awhile

21. Marjorie says:

How about celebrating…by resolving the blind item from October 17?

22. Kristen t says:

been following ausiello since he worked at EW? i think it was. I loved him over there and love this site so much! Glad to see how things have turned out and i come to this site daily! HBD!

23. crispy says:

Happy Birthday to TVline and many more!!!!! I have been reading Ausiello’s column since 2004 and found Matt and Slezak though him. So happy to have them and all the other great entertainment writers in one place.

24. DreamRose311 says:

So the next biggest one will be the announcement of a premiere date for Girl Meets World? Maybe? Eagerly awaiting…

25. KCC says:

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear TVLine
    Happy Birthday to you!!
    (and many more)

26. JB Smooove says:

Happy birfday tvLine. Ive been an aushole for what, 7-8 years or now. all they way back to tvguide days. this is one site I check daily for tv information.

27. Monica says:

Happy birthday TVLine! Here’s to the years of spoilers to come!

28. Britta Unfiltered says:

Happy birthday. Are the biggest stories determined by how many comments they got or how many people clicked on them to read them or something else? I thought at first it must have been the number of comments, but then I realized if that had been it, the top 10 would have been nothing but Glee stories and articles on what happened during the 2012 political debates. Not to mention blind items, Emmy articles, and renewal scorecards. There was a surprising number of comments on some of the debate articles. I probably contributed many of them. Sorry about that.
    Btw, you don’t look a day over two.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Never mind on the question, I just saw in the teaser it said the choices were based on the number of clicks each article got.

29. jerrired says:

Happy Birthday,TVLine Team! It’s only been three short years, but you’ve quickly become my favorite site. Don’t change too much in the next three years, I like you guys/the site just they way it is/are.

30. DrStrange10150 says:

Wow! Has it really be three years! Congrats!

31. freddy says:

Happy Bday!

32. greysfan says:

Happy Birthday TVLine. I’ve been following you since you began. Definitely the best for our TV News internationally. Thanks for 3 fantastic years and looking forward to many many more.

33. auntiemm says:

A most Happy Birthday to you!! As someone who checks in several times a day for my scoops you never disappoint. Here’s to many many more years of success.

34. Maryanne says:

Happy Birthday TV Line! As a Chuckster, thanks for all the past news and info on Chuck. You’re a daily, multi-visit, online must for me so keep up the awesome work!

35. sladewilson says:

Happy Birthday, TVLine!!!!

36. JM says:

Happy birthday, TVLine! It was love at first site!!!!

37. Claire says:

Happy Birthday TVLine! Removing knife from heart after seeing Ziva/NCIS article again ;)

38. Sonya Smith says:

Happy Birthday, TVLine! I check in daily and am only disapointed when I’ve read everything and am forced to wait for new updates.

39. Mayra says:

I’ll miss you, Meg :/
    Hope everything goes well in your new job!

Happy bday TVLine!

40. Bmass87 says:

Happy annibirthary! I check this site at LEAST once a day. Special shout-out to Ausielo– thanks for all the scoop on the fifth season of Angel waaaaaaayyy back when.

41. Beth says:

Friday Night Lights was still 5 or 6 episodes away from its February 2011 finale, 3 years ago too.

42. Guillermo says:

Fine way of telling, and fastidious article
    to get information regarding my presentation subject, which
    i am going to present in university.