Exclusive

Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Jane's Dating Game Is Glock-Blocked By Agent Fischer

Does The Mentalist still got game when it comes to the ladies? TVLine has an exclusive preview from this Sunday’s episode (CBS, 10/9c) that suggests the answer is yes — though we can’t be sure, seeing as Agent Kim Fischer, if only for a moment, cramps Jane’s style.

PHOTOS | Winter Spoiler-palooza! Scoop on NCIS, NCIS: LA, Person of Interest and 29 More Returning Favorites

In the CBS drama’s winter premiere, titled “White Lines,” when the FBI is tasked with finding the killer of several DEA agents, their path crosses with that of a businesswoman named Krystal Markham (Devious MaidsBrianna Brown). Krystal, alas, apparently has little to offer the investigation — but that doesn’t keep Jane from proceeding to ask the beautiful blonde a non-work related question.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 75+ January Premieres, Finales and More

Press play to get a flavor for how his overture goes over.

Loading video...

1. dude says:

I love Brianna Brown! Have loved her since General Hospital.

2. VB says:

It has been awhile, kinda awkward there….

Thanks for the sneak peek, Matt.

3. enri says:

Can’t wait until Sunday’s new episode.

4. Bonnie Maynes says:

Jane knows exactly what he is doing. I can’t wait.

5. Fer says:

Is this how it’s gonna be from now on? Bruno and company shoving Fischer down our throats at any chance. Because this isn’t the show I’m interesting in watching. Fischer is such an unappealing character and we already have a leading lady, no thanks.

• Mrs. M says:

I agree 100%. Fischer has much too much screen time, and it’s starting to get on my nerves- I’m not interested in her at all, and I find her totally annoying.

• maria says:

i agree

• Jo says:

thumbs up!! I totally agree!

• Reggie says:

couldn’t agree more. thought we had something going w/ Fischer and PJ before she came on in the next episode as a female KGB officer! miss Lisbon and the gang too. hope there’s some changes made soon.

• Twokeets says:

The show is going in such a wrong direction. This Fischer lady seems like all the other awful authority figures they keep trotting out. Ugh.

• gapeachNmi says:

I completely agree. Every season does not mean you have to change your entire cast. It was not broken so why try to fix it. Seriously, bringing someone else in to be the leading lady for Jane, yuck!

6. DarkDefender says:

I’ll say this.. That sparkle in Simon Bakers eyes… Dangerous.

7. What’s up everybody, here every person is sharing such familiarity,
    so it’s pleasant to read this weblog, and I used to
    go to see this weblog every day.

8. J says:

Im already over Fischer. The character is useless and boring and definitely not needed. Stop trying to make Fischer happen, shes not going to happen. I thought after Red Johns death we would get more time with Jane and Lisbon, but Lisbon seems to have been pushed aside? I know I dont have much to go on since we’ve only had 2 episodes, but with the sneak peeks and ‘spoilers’ it seems like nothing good is happening. I dont care for love interests that arent Jane and Lisbon. Its not thrilling tv for me. What would be thrilling?? Jane and Lisbon working out their relationship and issues together. Give me that. Not this Castle crap.

• DeShoun Garcia-Washington says:

Funny that you mention Castle, since what you’re asking the show to become is exactly that. I have no interest into seeing Jane and Lisbon being lovey-dovey, they are too smart for that. Watching Jane and Lisbon in different situations, not really knowing what will happen next, to me is very entertaining.

• Fer says:

Jane and Lisbon is the most interesting dynamic of the show. When will the writers understand that reducing Lisbon’s on-screen time will only hurt the show because no other characters works as well with Jane as she does. They’re the heart and soul of the show, whether they’re working the case or just being cute they’re a delight to watch.
      This Fischer thing, I don’t even know what they’re trying to do here giving so much to focus to a character most fans couldn’t care less about.

• maria says:

I dont like the news mentalist. Is that show becoming a soap opera? Triangle flirting? The new characters are horribles. Prefere the old ones.

9. D. says:

I think we shouldn’t judge the sneak peek and the episode. For what we know, they are always misleading as the promos. I only trust Bruno Heller and that’s why I love TM.

• maria says:

But is bruno heller who kills the mentalist and the cbi and start a FBI… thing with a Patrick Jane kind of jerky…Miss the old characters he created. The new cast…. sorry are not interesting. I dont see any interesting crimes case and investigation in the last 2 episodes.

10. Rich Abey says:

So far I’ve loved everything to do with the transition from CBI, California to FBI, Texas with the only exception being ‘Agent Fisher’. Why is she being stuffed in our faces in practically every scene of every episode? OK her entrance to the show at that tropical island was perfectly fine as Jane needed her to properly move on from his past but now she has become a massive pain in the a**…poking into Jane’s every conversation, movement, etc way beyond what is expected of her to keep him in line. Is Lisbon being slowly edged out of her lead role in the show? I hope not!

• maria says:

so far the only thing im miissing is the team. Cho and Rigsby were grate characters, and i enjoyed van pelt too, No other show have such a interesting main cast. The investigation, the crimes scenes, the actions were perfect. And I miss PJ interaction with the cast. Now, that changes, oh well if Simon Baker wants to be the interest Love of some women…if Cho van pelt and rigsby are mere secondary and not fun characters. I will quite watching this new mentalist.. Good luck Simon Baker, you are the best payed tv actor. and producer too…No heroes can survive without interesting team next to him.

11. Mandy H. says:

This show… Do you know what I do when shows tease me like this? I stop watching. After five-and-a-half seasons, I don’t want to be strung along in regards to the relationship between Jane and Lisbon any longer. Do the Mentalist writers really think that the fandom has tolerance for Jane flirting and canoodling with other characters at this stage in the game? Come on. I’m happy to chalk this up as another JAG – another CBS show where the will-they-or-won’t-they was stupidly dragged until the show’s dying breath.

12. As far as Agent Fischer, I trust Bruno Heller and Simon Baker to steer the show in the right direction. I don’t think they’re replacing Lisbon with Fischer or cutting Lisbon out. Patrick Jane has had years of pain and he deserves to have some time for himself. I’ll be watching The Mentalist as long as it’s on and then watching reruns. Here’s hoping it will win a People’s Choice award.

13. maria says:

and I know a lot of people did it too: they voted for the mentalist, not counting the las 2 episodes, and hopping the 2 leaving cast are back to the show

14. massage quick tips says:

Very rapidly this site will be famous among all blogging viewers, due
    to it’s fastidious posts