What to Watch Monday: Cosby Kid Fights Crimes, Cake Baked for Willie Nelson, Bad Finale & More

malcolm-jamal-warner-major-crimesOn TV this Monday: Major Crimes gets backup from Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Willie Nelson gets (a different kind of) baked on Cake Boss, it’s a Happy New Year, Charlie Brown and things get fishy on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 am — 4 am Tuesday Being Human (Syfy) | Before Season 4 bows on Jan. 13, catch up with Season 3 in its entirety.

Noon — 3 am Breaking Bad (AMC) | Get comfortable on the very edge of your seat: The four-day marathon concludes with Season 5, Episode 3, through to the series finale.

RELATED | Fall TV Report Card: Did Your Early Freshman Favorites Actually Make the Grade? Did ‘Doomed’ Noobs In Fact Get Axed?

6 pm— 11:30 pm Dads (FX) | If (for some reason) you need to play catch-up with the freshman series, revisit every episode to date before new installments start up on Jan. 7.

6 pm — 4 am Tuesday Storage Wars (A&E) | The perfect show to watch as you pack up all the Christmas gifts you won’t use.

8 pm Happy New Year, Charlie Brown (ABC) | While the Peanuts gang rings in the new year, Charlie Brown reads War and Peace. (You’re too mature for your age, Charlie Brown.)

8 pm Almost Human (Fox) | Repeat to Revisit: Didn’t catch the sci-fi pilot when it originally aired? Tune in to this encore presentation.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 75+ January Premieres, Finales and More

9 pm Major Crimes (TNT) | Rusty receives protection from Special Investigation Section supervisor Lt. Chuck Cooper, played by The Cosby Show’s Malcolm-Jamal Warner. (Get scoop on the Jan. 13 season finale.)

9 pm Rudolph’s Shiny New Year (ABC) | The red-nosed reindeer sets out in a midnight fog to find Happy, the New Year baby.

9 pm Cake Boss (TLC) | Season 7 premiere: Buddy and his team bake a cake for country legend Willie Nelson’s 80th birthday.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 in Review, Part 3: Best Couples, Break-Ups, Sex Scenes and More!

10 pm Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Food Network) | Season finale: Guy Fieri seeks out the best soup, salad and seafood in the country.

NEXT MONDAY: Almost Human, Castle and Teen Wolf return, The Bachelor premieres

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (16)

• Just Major Crimes for me.

Comment by Justin – December 30, 2013 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you Justin, Major Crimes for me too. I just hope Rusty stays safe:)

Comment by Angie – December 30, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Also, Cake Boss is the worse. The whole staff seems totally off putting and their cakes looks lame. I visually prefer Ace if Cakes. I’d hang out with Duff and his crew any day.

Comment by ewwww! – December 30, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to Major Crimes. Everything else is a rerun or I don’t care.

Comment by Aimee – December 30, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a thing there. If my kids were small, would tune in to Rudolph.

Comment by Maryann – December 30, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing to watch this time of year is a which came first the chicken or the egg situation. Is there nothing to watch because no one watches? Or does no one watch because nothing is on? I know I would watch a new episode of my favorite show if it aired now — unless I missed it because I assumed nothing was on.

Comment by Maryann – December 30, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – December 30, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WWE Monday Night Raw for me tonight. I’ll wait next Monday for a fresh episode of Almost Human and in two weeks The Blacklist returns with fresh episodes.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – December 30, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that!!!

Comment by Avinash – December 30, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only a re-run of Castle’s 100th for me tonight…I’ll be watching while pining for next week’s looooooong awaited next new episode.

Comment by c-mo – December 30, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes

Comment by Steve – December 30, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta admit the Breaking Bad marathon pretty much owned my weekend. I’ll likely watch more of it tonight :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 30, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MAJOR CRIMES! Missed last week’s EP.Going to watch it before the new ep. comes on later today!

Comment by Jax&Juice's Girl – December 30, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely watching Major Crimes but eagerly awaiting the return of The Blacklist!

Comment by Dav – December 30, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sixteen candles on AXSTV. Nostalgia trip.

Comment by Stormy – December 30, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who hopes they resolve the whole Rusty situation so that he GOES AWAY? Such an annoying character. I was hoping for a happy ENDING for him when his dad showed up; when his mom showed up; when Raider’s ex-husband showed up; when the psychologist showed up…anyone.

Comment by Kathleen – December 30, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post