Ratings: Nikita Flat in Series Finale, Shark Tank Rerun Tops Quiet Friday

Ratings Nikita Series Finale The CW’s resilient-to-the-very-end Nikita spied 805,000 total viewers and a 0.2 demo rating in its series finale on Friday night, up 17 percent in audience but flat in the demo week-to-week.

Compared to its Season 3 finale, the spy drama was down 19 and 50 percent.

RELATED | Nikita Boss on That Shocking Twist, Amanda’s Fate and the ‘Mikita’ Ending You Didn’t See!

Topping the otherwise repeat-riddled Friday in the demo was a Shark Tank repeat (with a 1.2 rating), while a Dateline rerun drew the night’s largest audience (6.3 mil).

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

Next Friday: Grimm and Dracula resume their seasons.

1. Niejan says:

Sad it was Nikita’s last episode this week. I’m about to watch it now.

2. Cam says:

It looks like the people who jumped ship in season 3 never came back.

3. Ally Oop says:

I will watch it on my pvr once my busy holidays are wrapped up. Have watched no TV in the last week at all.

4. MariaD says:

Sorry to hear the numbers were so low. It was a well-done finale, IMO. I really enjoyed the whole episode.

5. Interesting how a similar thing happened to La Femme Nikita. A final episode with a limited number of episodes (eight instead of six). Another minor difference is that that version had a full-length fourth season.

• *final season, not episode.

• Al says:

Yeah but at least the Peta Wilson version lasted 5 seasons, albeit a shortened final season as well. I never understood why they never bothered to order those extra 4 episodes to make it an even 100 for syndication (aside from budgetary reasons I guess?). Unless it was unnecessary because it was already sold into syndication?

I guess The CW didn’t think it was worth pouring the money into a full season of Nikita even just to round it out for syndication, which has shorter standards for 88 episodes now I think? At 73 episodes it fell just a bit short!

• Femme Nikita reaired here in Mexico a little while ago, so I don’t think missing those four episodes hurt sales. But who knows.

• David4 says:

Syndication episode number doesn’t mean as much as it used to. They could show an episode on Saturday and Sunday and still have enough episodes that they won’t repeat that much.

Comedies need more episodes because of the fact they are shorter, but dramas don’t seem to matter as much.

6. Lisa says:

An amazing end to an amazing show with equally amazon actors ( Aaron Stanford you rock!!! ). Nikita is and always will be one of my favorite shows. I will miss it. Yay for DVD!!!!

7. nlc6868 says:

Sad that it ended. Glad they gave us a fulfilling ending. Looking forward to the actors in whatever new projects they get involved with. Would like to see Lindsey get involved with another project that lets her use the training she got even though I’m sure most of the main stunts were done with doubles.

8. David says:

I’m just so happy that the CW/WB and all gave us a final season and proper finale. I am a fan of course but it’s so disheartening when you invest time in a show and characters and it never gets an ending. Maggie, and all big hugs from me and best wishes in your next projects. There will always be a place in my tv heart for Nikita and the team…even Amanda (lol especially Amanda!)

9. Alex says:

Stinkita couldn’t even get 900,000 viewers. LMAO!

10. alanlicious says:

Of course it couldn’t achieve very good ratings! It was dumped right in the middle of the holidays, when nobody would even notice it was on! Yeah The CW already cancelled it but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to not care about it anymore. Would it not have been better to up the buzz and help it go out on better ratings/on a high note? At least it would’ve been worth the effort, the product was finished already (which is probably why. Product finished, why bother putting more energy into it…)

11. tbaecht says:

The CW should have picked up Bunheads. It’s ratings were much better than some of their shows. They should get Amy Sherman-Palladino back on board. They are already working on a project with Lauren Graham.

• Just Sayin' says:

Bunheads is exactly the kind of teen girl drama nonsense that has been destroying the CW for the last several seasons. They’ve finally started seeing some growth with the sci-fi/fantasy action shows that are doing so well for them. Why would they want to take a step backwards with Bunheads, a show that has already proved a failure on its original channel?

• tbaecht says:

I have the average ratings of the CW’s shows this season. Bunheads ratings were higher than 5 of the 11 shows and on a broadcast network would be even higher. Only 4 CW shows average more than 2 million viewers and none average 3 million. That is not success. When A.S.P ran Gilmore Girls that show averaged between 3.6 and 5.2 million over 7 seasons. The CW needs all the help it can get.

12. Roger says:

It was a great series and a great series finale and CW’s most adult show yet.

13. J says:

The entire series is now on Netflix with a high viewer rating. It will live on and more people will appreciate it.

14. Thankfulness to my father who told me on the topic of this website, this web site is really amazing.

15. Mikael says:

I’m so sad Nikita is over, but I’m glad we got a satisfying finale and a great final episode that didn’t ruin the whole series like other shows’ final eps have (Lost, Dexter)

16. aisle says:

so disgusting that nikita will end….im gonna miss the lovable love team of nikita & michael! and the nerd seymour…and alex the stunning!

17. Dzień Babci says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your site.
    You have some really great articles and I think I would be
    a good asset. If you ever want to take some
    of the load off, I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange
    for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested.

Kudos!