TVLine's 2013 in Review, Part 1: Best and Worst Series, Episodes, Newcomers and More! Plus: Most Improved & Underrated — 30 Titles Total!

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery

The bulk of 2013 may already be in the rear-view, but at least in television terms, it’s been an unforgettable trip.

To celebrate a banner 12 months that strained our DVRs to the breaking point, left us clutching our couches in suspense and had us laughing loudly enough to occasionally alarm the neighbors, TVLine presents Part 1 of our Year in Review — including our selections for Best and Worst Drama and Comedy, Most Improved Series, Guiltiest Pleasure and even the Cancellation That Hurt Us the Most.

PHOTOS | TVLine Shares Its 2014 Wish List for HIMYM, New Girl, Sleepy Hollow, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More!

So, click through the gallery below for our picks in 30 key categories — then come back on Friday and Saturday morning for Parts 2 and 3 of our 2013 wrapup. And, as always, when you’re done, hit the comments and tell us what you think we got right, which selections had you crying “blasphemy!” and which series you think we egregiously snubbed.

Comments (181)

• Definitely can’t wait to catch up on The Good Wife. I don’t know why I ever let it slip from my shows!

Comment by Esaul – December 26, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve got a ridiculous amount of shows I need to catch up on/check out. “Hannibal” and “Sleepy Hollow” are on my “check out” list-I’ve got the latter saved in my DVR and I have tomorrow off. I know how I’ll be spending the day :D.

Comment by Angela – December 26, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you could have picked any episode of happy endings, cougar town, parks and recreation, brooklyn nine nine, community, modern family or new girl and it would still be better than the best episode of the big bang theory.

Comment by sian – December 26, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep on dreaming (and i’m IN LOVE with Parks&Recreations, Modern Family and Community).

Comment by mastersofseries – December 26, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to this. The only thing Big Bang Theory should be winning is “Most Overrated, Dumbed Down Garbage”.

Comment by Hugh – December 26, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Only about 20 million people on average disagree with you. Get a clue.

Comment by therealdave123 – December 26, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ratings do not always mean quality. in fact a lot of the best shows have poor ratings (firefly, arrested development, veronica mars, happy endings) and yet unfunny shows with bad writing (big bang theory, two and a half men) stay on the air for years just because they’re watched by people who clearly aren’t aware that there are much better options.

Comment by thecoloursian – December 26, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • firefly sucked

Comment by Larry – December 26, 2013 11:27 AM PDT
          • don’t be arrogant its all subjective so to a lot of people these shows are better

Comment by Larry – December 26, 2013 11:28 AM PDT
          • I agree with @Larry. What’s funny to you may not be funny to others and vice versa.

Comment by abz – December 26, 2013 03:43 PM PDT
          • @Larry: GET OUT.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 27, 2013 09:49 PM PDT
        • I watch TBBT, I even enjoy it in moderation, but I’d never describe it as being anywhere near the best comedy on television.

Comment by Craig Riley – December 26, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hugh Thank you I thought maybe I was missing something. I’ve watched this show a couple of times and NEVER even smiled. I personally think it’s way over rated and some of my closest friends LOVE this show. I just don’t get it.

Comment by Whatevah – December 26, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whateveah, I don’t know what you expected by just watching the show “a couple of times.” It’s an ensemble first and foremost, jokes are secondary. I bet if you watched TBBT from the beginning you might have a completely different opinion.

Comment by Mel – December 26, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You might be right.

Comment by Whatevah – December 26, 2013 10:45 AM PDT
          • I watch TBBT from the very beginning, and I think it just gets worse every season. It used to be one of the finest sitcoms, but now it’s just a soap opera about couples. The cast is, of course, still great, but the jokes are stupid and sometimes even racist. They are not secondary, and they should never be, in my opinion. It’s supposed to be a comedy, after all!

Comment by ElenaGreece – December 26, 2013 11:54 AM PDT
    • NOT THIS!!!!:

Comment by nikki – December 26, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought. That show is so overrated (and again – ratings do not equal quality!).

Comment by Anna – December 26, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Always Sunny in Philly is the best comedy on TV, hands down. Rickety Cricket bitches.

Comment by Chuck Finley – December 26, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad should get a nod for “Best TV Drama Ever Made”. And yes I have seen The Shield, The Wire, and everything else on this list.

Comment by Chuck Finley – December 26, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PS, I agree wholeheartedly about Southland. Man did NBC drop the ball there.

Comment by Chuck Finley – December 26, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I ONLY STARTED WATCHING SOUTHLAND IN THE FINAL SEASON,AND CAUGHT UP ON WHAT I MISSED ON NETFLIX.I WAS HOOKED AND THEN IT GOT CANCELLED.

Comment by Robert Colontonio – December 26, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chuck Finley is forever

Comment by Michael Westen – January 8, 2014 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with these! Guiltiest Pleasure runner up should be Reign. It’s surprisingly good!

Comment by Kyle C. – December 26, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I started watching Reign for the costumes and the fantastic music (kudos to the creative team) and I stayed for the somewhat surprising chemistry of the leads and Queen Catherine’s fantastic one-liners!

Comment by Maggie – December 27, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reign is my guilty pleasure. Even though I am critical about certain plots and historical inaccuracies I thoroughly enjoy it and look forward to it. It’s like watching a much better, less convoluted fairytale than Once Upon a Time.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 28, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with most of the list. Specially the ones about The Good Wife.

But in my opinion, the Best Series Finale should be FRINGE.

Comment by Marlon – December 26, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not only Best Series Finale, but also ‘The Wire Memorial Award’ for World-Class Drama Ignored in Perpetuity by the Emmys. In fact, I’d totally support the creation of the ‘John Noble Award’ to the ugliest actor Emmy win/nomination snubs each year.

Comment by Delirious – December 27, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad that you included the Sleepy Hollow intro song. There was one episode that did not have it and I was so bummed when I realized they did not have it.

Comment by GabF – December 26, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why? Oh God why did you people had to remind me Siberia ever existed? Now I have to get another lobotomy …

Comment by Jack – December 26, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • List is pretty good but Masters of Sex is missing. Best new series in my opinion.

Comment by renee – December 26, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. Best new series. Or maybe another award like Best Collaborative Acting in a Series, or Best Show Based on Real Events.

Comment by RichieS – December 26, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! No way is House of Cards best new series or better than Masters of Sex

Comment by Tim – December 26, 2013 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can’t it be a 4-way tie between House of Cards, Masters of Sex, Sleepy Hollow, and Orphan Black?

Comment by gdv – December 26, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This gallery is a joke. “Betrayal” is definitely NOT the worst drama. We’re not watching the same show , i think. WTF ?.

Comment by Try Again – December 26, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep in mind this is TVLine’s opinions. You’re more than welcomed to your own. I think it’d be an interesting conversation if you created a defense of your love for Betrayal instead of saying “We’re not watching the same show.” What makes it great? The writing? Characters? Acting? Plot? Etc. :)

Comment by Esaul – December 26, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like betrayal too. People can sometimes be judgemental when it comes to infidelity and so bash the show.

Comment by Tim – December 26, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly, what can be worse than Under the Dome?

Comment by roz12 – December 26, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I had forgotten about that one! I’ve never watched Betrayal but I wonder if it can really be worse than Under the Dome as well.

Comment by C. – December 26, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watched Under the Dome and I agree…. worst new show! The writing was so bad, yet I watched it all. It was like a bad accident; so terrible yet I couldn’t look away.

Comment by Tenney – December 26, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Betrayal could have been portrayed better. I still watch the show but TVLine does make a good point. I never really got behind the infidelity because both of their spouses were pretty great. Also, I never got that feeling that they were really in love with each other and would risk everything to be with one another. In other words, there really wasn’t a good build up and it happened to fast and it ruined it.
      However, I do have to say now they’re starting to get in the groove of things and recently you start seeing the love they have for one another.

Comment by Diva – December 26, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Millers is the worst show EVER!!! Ok the first show- Funny. 2nd show- The mom is way to annoying( to close to home) sorry  mom , it s true.3rd show- How ignorant can a grown man be? Please, is anyone buying this crap? I watch CBS more then any network, but not this crap!

Comment by dartell S – December 26, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most Underrated Drama: Person of Interest

Comment by MarkSnow – December 26, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed

Comment by lll – December 26, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It will never get the praise it deserves. But it’s so great!

Comment by roz12 – December 26, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show is so great. Probably the best crime drama on broadcast TV

Comment by Boone Luleyo – December 26, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love POI too. Such a great show.

Comment by abz – December 26, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA. I recently started watching it and now want to go back and see the previous seasons. My dh is never happy when I pick up one of his shows but too bad. :)

Comment by albean99 – December 28, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s no surprise that Happy Endings cancellation hurt the most. The show is Firefly 2.0. In 10 years, people will still be mourning the show, and want it to come back.

Comment by steven – December 26, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • plenty of shows like that not just firefly

Comment by Larry – December 26, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never agree with whole lists but I am 100% behind this one! The Good Wife is so, so good. I’m still in denial about Happy Endings :(

Comment by mellafe – December 26, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m ashamed I’ve never seen Happy Endings. I think I’ll give it a shot from some of these comments. I definitely do trust TVLine’s opinions (most of the time).

Comment by Esaul – December 26, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve never seen The Good Wife, but I agree with most of the rest of the list so I’m considering watching it. What other shows is it most like? When it started I thought it looked like yet another courtroom show… Is it best to start at the beginning or a later season?

Comment by Lana – December 29, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I suggest starting at the beginning. It is a courtroom show but what really makes the show it’s the characters. Julianna Margulies is amazing in it an she’s the heart of the show. Also, her relationship with her husband and with her colleagues, with her kids.

Comment by mellafe – December 30, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hi Lana, like mellafe said, start from the beginning. S5 is nothing like S1 BUT all seasons have something great about it. Watch the first few episodes just so you can see more or less what the show is about before you decide if you want to keep watching it or drop it (I highly hope it’s the former!). Not only is the cast great (Julianna Margulies, Josh Charles, Christine Baranski, Alan Cumming, etc) but so are its guest stars (Dylan Baker, John Noble, Carrie Preston, Michael J Fox, Matthew Perry, Mamie Gummer, Stockard Channing, to name a few. The list is long!). Some of the cases are actually quite interesting (best show to incorporate technology, imo) and the writing/directing is fantastic.

I hope you give the show a try!

Comment by Izzie – December 31, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed with the majority of the picks! However, Parenthood should have won most underrated drama. :( But Hannibal is a great choice too so it’s okay. Oh, and OITNB IS definitely the best show to binge-watch.

Comment by Austin – December 26, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for acknowledging the awesomeness of Parks & Rec. It feels like the show most everyone has forgotten about (including NBC).

Comment by Amy – December 26, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang Theory is the worst (and most overrated) comedy in the History of mankind. Dumbed-down humor that forces you to laugh.

Comment by JohnG – December 26, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe you have sort of a point – but – a sitcom is supposed to make you laugh

Comment by Joe Smith – December 26, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow the Good Wife over Breaking Bad for best drama? How many females do you have on your staff?

Comment by cas – December 26, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m okay with that. But, Game of Thrones is the best drama of the year.

Comment by Olive – December 26, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow. Just… wow.

Comment by Lola – December 27, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still miss Happy Endings too. =(

Comment by HeatherC – December 26, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did the Big Bang theory has the best episode compared to parks, 30 rocks or even Brooklyn nine-nine? I’m not a hater but I always think that Big Bang theory is overrated because of their juggernaut ratings and great comedies such as parks, 30 rocks and happy endings, just to name a few, always left behind

Comment by Youn – December 26, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mindy project, really? I just feel sad for all the other actors there that are underused. I get it that it’s all about mindy, but man, it’s so sad that the other characters are just like props to her. Like she’s the master/queen/whatever because she’s the producer/creator/whatever. Get over yourself mindy!

Comment by asm – December 26, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 shows that should have never been canceled are Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23. Person of Interest is the most underrated drama. Dads is not as bad as people make it out to be. People need to start watching Trophy Wife! Drama of the year is Game of Thrones or Arrow. Best comedy is Big Bang Theory.

Comment by A.D. – December 26, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Happy Endings should have never been cancelled, that show is great, the chemistry between all of those characters was awesome.. I keep hoping to see Jane show up on The New Girl, lol

Comment by Jaye Peso – December 26, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Happy Endings went over the kill-line after the second season. Shows need to die when the writers run out of story and start overplaying the characters’ faults to an extreme. Cougar-Blonde on Happy Endings went from the little idiot to someone who couldn’t even clothe herself. The black guy went from adorably feminine to a full-blown queen.

Comment by dragenphoto – December 26, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about The Blacklist for best new drama? It gets great reviews and I love it! James Spader rocks!

Comment by Elena – December 26, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep – The Blacklist would be my pick!

Comment by Beth T – December 26, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS! How The Blacklist wasn’t mentioned at all is beyond me. Best new show of the year..easily.

Comment by bonesfan – December 26, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BLACKLIST is the best!! Where is it on your list! Epic failure!!

Comment by AnotherShadeOfBlue – December 26, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree about this. And by a landslide.

Comment by Delirious – December 27, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SERIOUSLY!? With all the “reality” crap that supposed to pass for quality tv and all the crappy drama/comedy shows that have been on far to long you really think Betrayal is not only bad, but the worst? Clearly you and I have different ideas of what that means. Betrayal isn’t a great show but isn’t that why the media makes up terms like “guilty pleasure”? To justify why anyone would watch shows like this?

Comment by Jennifer – December 26, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just surprised there’s no love for the Blacklist on here. I admit I came around on Sleepy Hollow, but I don’t know that it’s better than the Blacklist, just saying.

Comment by John – December 26, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This..I like both SH and and The Blacklist. .but I think TBL is a lot better. James Spader is absolutely brilliant.

Comment by bonesfan – December 26, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love them both, but remember they are two completely different shows. I was going to try Hostages but caught repeat of premiere of Blacklist and I was hooked. My DVR only records two shows at once, which is all I need or want, and I already have Castle on so Hostages had o go.

Comment by jenferner8 – December 26, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Feeling a little left out here. I don’t watch any of these shows, which is not a judgement against any of them. Hmph.

Comment by Stormy – December 26, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised the Blacklist isn’t the Best New Drama…don’t get me wrong, I like Sleepy Hollow, but Blacklist has me a little more interested…
    Shoot me, but I like Dads, to me that’s a show you can’t take seriously like a Will Ferrell movie. If you go in expecting to be educated or a plot, you will be upset, but if you just listen to the jokes…it’s actually pretty funny…they just don’t offend the Asians either, if any race should be upset, I would think it’s Jewish people, cause that’s who they offend the most, Hispanics second….It’s Seth McFarland for goodness sakes, did you really expect the man who writes “Family Guy” to not have some offensive material? lol

Comment by Amanda – December 26, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like The Blacklist but I don’t love it. Currently, it just has too much of a procedurally feel to it. I loved it after the first episode but after every episode I am left liking it less.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 28, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would’ve switched The Good Wife and Breaking Bad for best drama. Otherwise a good list

Comment by Karen – December 26, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I love The Good Wife and it’s one of my favorite shows, but there’s nothing this year that’s even remotely close to being as tragically moving as Ozymandias or had as satisfying an ending as Felina. The Good Wife also had some glaring flaws like last season’s story about Kalinda’s husband and this season with Will’s seemingly random new girlfriend. The worst thing I can say about Breaking Bad’s final 8 episodes is that they shouldn’t have been dismembered from the previous 8.

Comment by TigerNightmare – December 27, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Carrie Diaries,Reign

Comment by Brandy – December 26, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that TVLine loves Cougar Town. Cul-de-sac crew for life.

Comment by Jen – December 26, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suprised “Dexter” was not given Worst Series Finale.

Comment by C – December 26, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I came here to say…

Comment by jen – December 26, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it was probably the worst series finale *ever*.

Comment by Lana – December 29, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hated the Dexter series finale. But maybe we were supposed to hate it. Who knows?

Comment by Mary Ann – December 30, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY a blog site remembered The Killing in its Best Of lists.

Comment by Andrea – December 26, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Miss Happy Endings Sooo Much!

Comment by Jaye Peso – December 26, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how there were only runner’s-up when it was convenient for your staff. Where’s the consistency?

Betrayal certainly isn’t good, but it sure isn’t the worst drama. How could you mention a tumor like Siberia, and then claim a show that’s actually bearable to be even worse?

The lack of any awards for Game of Thrones throws a lot of your validity out the window.

Picking Graceland for best good show that too few people are watching is a joke. Graceland was good, but it wasn’t that good. It pretty much received the audience that it deserved. Now if we’re actually going to be talking about new shows that deserve higher ratings, let’s bring Orphan Black and Rectify (both of which were jaw-droppingly good!) into the conversation.

Here’s a few potential categories for next year… Best surprise comeback, best effects, best music, best show with potential, show that wasted the most potential, best creepy/unsettling show, best mini-series/tv movie.

Comment by soakedpancakes – December 26, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This list is missing Bones I mean that wedding episode was amazing and they brought back everyone but one squintern for it too!!! That was the best episode in a drama and Bones is the best drama I would also put Bones as the most underrated drama I mean how they never give Emily Deschanel a nomination for an Emmy or a Golden Globe I will never understand

Comment by Bonesfan47 – December 26, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Folks, this is Part 1 in a series. Many, many more categories to be covered!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 26, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. We’ve watched every episode of Bones from the beginning. Emily deserves at least a nomination. . . she’s fantastic!

Comment by Elena – December 26, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emily deserves an award because she is a fantastic actress! How Zooey gets nominated all the time and Emily doesn’t, I do not understand!!! Emily is at least as good an actress as Zooey and in my opinion even better! I wish the people who nominate could see that!!!!!

Comment by Sandra Holl – December 26, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Bonesfan47

I totally agree with you about B&B’s wedding. It should have been “Best Single Episode (Drama)”, IMO. Or at the very least “Runner-up”.

Comment by Sarah – December 26, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%!!! Bones gets slighted all the time!!! They are the BEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Sandra Holl – December 26, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MOST OVERRATED DRAMA: The Good Wife

BEST NEW DRAMA: The Blacklist

BEST DRAMA: Game of Thrones

MOST OVERRATED COMEDY: The Andy Samberg Show aka Brooklyn Nine Nine

MOST IMPROVED: The Mentalist (reboot)

MOST NAUSEATING: Hannibal

WORST SERIES FINALE: Siberia

BEST MIDSEASON FINALE ARC: Person of Interest

BEST BRITISH IMPORT: Luther

BEST NON-BRITISH IMPORT: Les Revenants (The Returned)

BEST NEW SUMMER SHOW: Graceland

ENDANGERED SHOW WE ARE MOST WORRIED ABOUT: Beauty and the Beast

ENDANGERED SHOW WE ARE LEAST WORRIED ABOUT: The X Factor

DRAMA WE MOST WISHED THE CRITICS GAVE MORE LOVE: Betrayal

BEST ENSEMBLE: Downton Abbey

Comment by Maryann – December 26, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE The Returned! It is the creepiest show (in a good way…)

Comment by K2 – December 26, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you think The Good Wife is overrated, you clearly have not invested your time in watching all the seasons up to Hitting the Fan because if you did, you wouldn’t be saying that.

Comment by Diva – December 26, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to agree that the good wife is somewhat overrated as a drama because of the emphasis on the infidelity aspect of the show. No episode is dramatized with out a flashback of a coitus reminder and the idea of the good wife going forward always seems to be looking back It could be a great drama with more litigation and confrontation between law firms and less about am adulterous affair between a married woman and her lover.

Comment by James Butler – December 28, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Betrayal is horrible agreed, but I never hear anyone mention the worst, “Hostages”, the most impossible plot and storyline. No one ever mentions this weekly disaster, What’s up?

Comment by mrs dee schwartz – December 26, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great extra categories! My picks for your extra categories:

MOST OVERRATED DRAMA Mad Men
      MOST OVERRATED COMEDY Modern Family
      MOST NAUSEATING Criminal Minds or Hannibal
      BEST BRITISH IMPORT Waterloo Road
      ENDANGERED SHOW WE ARE MOST WORRIED ABOUT Revolution
      ENDANGERED SHOW WE DON’T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT X-Factor
      DRAMA WE MOST WISHED THE CRITICS GAVE MORE LOVE Parenthood
      BEST ENSEMBLE Parenthood

A couple extra categories from me:

BEST QUEEN B Juliette Barnes, Nashville
      BEST BAD GUY Klaus, The Originals
      TV SHOW YOU WOULD MOST WANT TO LIVE IN How I Met Your Mother
      TV SHOW YOU WOULD LEAST LIKE TO LIVE IN The Walking Dead
      TV FAMILY YOU WOULD NEVER WANT TO BE A PART OF The Bates, Bates Hotel
      VETERAN SHOW MOST LOSING STEAM Vampire Diaries
      A SHOW YOU MIGHT QUIT WATCHING SOON Glee

Comment by Ally Oop – December 28, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me the cancellation that hurt most was Bunheads. ABC Family should be ashamed of the horrible treatment that it gave this excellent show.

Comment by tbaecht – December 26, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, definitely. After a poor first season, the second season was so good. Should’ve gotten a better chance.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 28, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How the heck did “The Returned” not win for best title sequence!?!?

Comment by Grey – December 26, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? No, The Blacklist… This makes me question the integrity of this list.

Comment by Laura – December 26, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Blacklist is the absolute best show on television -hands down.

Comment by Anna – December 26, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is orphan black on this list?

Comment by STP – December 26, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wondered the same thing.

Comment by Nikki – December 26, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too. I didn’t really disagree with much on the list, but they could have put a few more entries for sci-fi/fantasy shows (also missed game of thrones), since nobody seems to judge this types of shows in the same category as the other dramas.

Comment by MissHeels – December 26, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, Love, Love Graceland! I can’t wait for it to return!

Comment by cheryl – December 26, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST CAMEO by an Editor in Chief in WORST FILM – no comment

Comment by cuius – December 26, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Hannibal a lot, but imo the most underrated of them all is, without a shadow of a doubt, Banshee. Really, way more people deserve to know about it.

Comment by Gaara – December 26, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did 30 Rock’s finale beat Breaking Bad?? Also lacking on any love for Game of Thrones or Orphan Black.

Comment by tabularasalocke – December 26, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sleepy Hollow’s opening credits, but I feel that American Horror Story’s opening credits is way better this season than past seasons.

Comment by SVUnCI – December 26, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most Underrated Drama : Switched At Birth
    Most Underrated Comedy : Suburgatory
    Most Disappointing Show : The Tommorow People
    Best New Show That Too Few Are Watching : Rogue
    Cancellation That Hurt the Most : Bunheads / Deception
    Endangered Show I’m Most Worried About : Nashville
    Endangered Show I’m Least Worried About : Reign
    Guiltiest Pleasure : Devious Maids
    Best New Drama : The Blacklist / The Following
    Mid-Season TV-Show I’m Most Excited To Watch : Enlisted / Helix

Comment by Really – December 26, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Best New Show That Too Few Are Watching : Rogue

I guess nobody really is watching it since I’ve heard no mention of the show in the 358 or so many days since the year started.

Comment by SVUnCI – December 26, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Canadian production partner cancelled the series but the American production partner said they were continuing on with it. I’m not sure if it will be coming back.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 28, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Praisin’ Jesus right now about Parks getting best comedy! I’ve been saying that since day one!

Comment by Spencer – December 26, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Brad and Jane forever. Best married tv couple of all time. RIP Happy Endings

Comment by A – December 26, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad I’m not the only one who has gotten attached to The Carrie Diaries. Hands down one of the best teen dramas in recent years. It’s a shame that very few are watching it because the show is full of charm. Not to mention, nearly all of the characters are likeable.

Comment by Maria – December 26, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst Series Finale — GLADES

Comment by prish – December 26, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Dracula still on, I only saw the first episode, it wasn’t great but I was going to watch the other episodes at some point but if its cancelled… Also, I like Betrayal it really is not that bad.

Comment by Pati – December 26, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dracula deserve a second season.the time slot is the worst on TV.I never watch it live.Thank God for DVR.After 10pm Friday night people are ready to go out. It deserve a better time slot and a second season to be NBC top notch show

Comment by Margaret – December 26, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post