TVLine Shares Its 2014 Wish List for HIMYM, New Girl, Sleepy Hollow, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More!

With the New Year upon us, TVLine is looking to the future — including the end of several beloved shows. As such, this holiday season we’ve got some wishes for the closing seasons of How I Met Your Mother, Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to January Premieres and More

But that’s not all! Our small-screen desires for 2014 also include a suped-up S.H.I.E.L.D., a more inclusive Saturday Night Live, a Big Bang pregnancy and… less vomit? Plus: Which book-to-TV adaptation are we hoping is a hit? Which scene-stealer needs to come back to the tube? And which couple should play it slow?

Here is what TVLine Founder and Editor-in-Chief Michael Ausiello, Editor-at-Large Matt Webb Mitovich, Senior Editors Michael Slezak and Kimberly Roots, West Coast Editor Meg Masters and West Coast Reporter Vlada Gelman have singled out as dream TV scenarios in the New Year. (Coming later this week: TVLine readers share their picks.)

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Commentary, Lists

1. Olivia says:

My wishes:
    1 – That The Blacklist keeps being awesome.
    2 – That OUAT stops having characters related to each other, less focus on Snow/Charming/Hook and more on Emma, Regina, Rumple, Belle, and Ruby. Hell I’d take August screentime over Snow/Charming/Hook.
    3 – That miracles exist and Glee somehow manages to give us a coherent and well written last season focused only on NYC, way less Blam (ideally none but oh well), and with a little luck some originals back or at least recurring. Yes I know, even I am laughing at myself right now lol.
    4 – That Paget Brewster comes back on Criminal Minds, I don’t care how I just want Prentiss on my screen!
    5 – That Haven gets renewed.

2. Mel says:

I agree with your wish about Emily Wickersham’s Bishop. I like the actress and the character so far, but they’re trying just a bit too hard to highlight her skills, and every time they do this, it seems to lessen the skills of the rest of the team. I think she’s like the new toy for the writers at the moment, and hopefully she’ll start to look a little less shiny and be allowed to act more like a probie, and the writers will remember that the rest of the team have their own unique skills as well. That said, I’m enjoying this season of NCIS and the closer knit team vey much so far.

3. Elaine Byrne says:

NCIS’ Ellie Bishop: Glasberg and company are trying too hard. Everyone else on the team had to earn their place. Stop fawning over Bishop! She isn’t the new Ziva – and I don’t want a new Ziva. Gibbs is still running the team – I hope. Not wonder-girl-Bishop. Back it off a notch, please.

• Pat says:

I agree with your post. I like the actress who plays Bishop but I don’t want another wonder woman mary sue. We already had that with Ziva and everyone but Gibbs wound up marginalized by the dominating wonder/tragic Ziva agenda. I want to see team centric episodes and I also want to see Tony making great contributions to the team instead of it always being Gibbs, Abby, and female agent getting all the kudos.

• DorisA says:

I don’t want a new Ziva. I want the old one back.

4. not amused. says:

god no on the elijah and hayley. the only romance i want hayley to have is with death. she is by far the worst character on that show, not to mention the actress cannot do an american accent to save her left. mediocre acting, terrible writing and just overall awkwardness with these two characters makes me wonder why this show hasn’t been canceled yet. cmon cw, i know you like the teen drama but this is just twilight on a weekly basis.

5. cherry says:

Cote/ziva is returning to ncis, from what i am reading. She comes back because she wants to be with Tony. She is supposed to be working for another department but will help out the team on special cases. They are supposed to tell the love story of Tony & ziva. Apparently some people decided to pressure her onto coming back by slashing her tires, egging her car, sending pizza in her name to her residence every hour, etc. bishop is still going to be around & i guess her & ziva become friends. can’t wait to see this. Like ziva better than bishop.

6. I hope. They get the silver surfer and a lot of the real guys the thing, hulk, and others stopping by to help shield to up the show I love Clark garage he’s so funny and if they have some supper heroes helping say every other week the show will really take off. And they can get new people to become supper heroes to.