Community Promo Is Mad Men Levels of Vague

If you love both Community and Mad Men — now there’s a Venn diagram I’d like to see — this new promo for the returning NBC comedy is for you.

VIDEO | NBC’s Community Gets Animated in New Season 5 Trailer

Taking a cue from Mad Men auteur Matthew Weiner’s maddeningly vague, mostly meaningless “coming soon” promos, this Community trailer streams together a rapid-fire series of dialogue snippets, if not just the occasional grunt, sigh or shake of head.

VIDEO | Community Exclusive: Watch the Greendale Gang’s Joyous, Slightly Awkward Reunion

What does it all mean…?

Tags: ,

Comments (17)

• Watched it in Canada on Youtube because NBC is silly. Great trailer.

Comment by Teag – December 23, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Genius. Love it.

Comment by M3rc Nate – December 23, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it!…and hey…isn’t that Trudy Campbell? ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – December 23, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. I always forget to make the connection that Alison Brie plays both characters.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 24, 2013 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious.

Comment by SnazzyO (@SnazzyO) – December 23, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or does NBC actually seem to be trying to do more promotion this year for Community? Guess with the rest of the line up not doing so great, all hopes lie with Community!

Comment by ScrubsGuy – December 23, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hopefully the excitement over Dan Harmon coming back + the fact they’re actually promoting it will invigorate the ratings

Comment by E – December 24, 2013 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they realize there are new viewers out there thanks to the show being stripped in syndication this season! :-)

Comment by TV Gord – December 24, 2013 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that NBC is promoting it more. I mean, really, since Sean Saves the World and the Michael J Fox show have become such enormous hits, why not throw a promotional push behind a show people actually like?

Comment by willhowcoop – December 23, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely want to know more about the robot fight that gets mentioned :D.
    Aaaah, I can’t believe we’ve only got a little over a week to go! Can’t wait.

Comment by Angela – December 23, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That promo was NOT GREAT, BOB! Just kidding. I enjoyed it immensely. The only thing that would have made me enjoy it more would have been if I had been watching it while drinking an Old Fashioned and having an affair with my secretary.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 24, 2013 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :-D. With a cigarette, too, of course. They were healthier back then, despite that pesky Surgeon-General!

Comment by TV Gord – December 24, 2013 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there is a community/mad men venn diagram, it consists of alison brie being in the crossover part and thats it.

Comment by Alan – December 24, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good promo. Excited to watch season premiere next Thursday.

Comment by Joey – December 24, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch Community (I’ll probably catch up whenever it is on Netflix Streaming) but I thought this Mad Men-style promo was funny.

Comment by dreamlife613 – December 25, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post