New Looking Trailer: Jonathan Groff's Crush Gets 'Torpedoed,' Scott Bakula Makes His Move

HBO has unveiled the second full trailer for its upcoming gay dramedy Looking, and in it, Jonathan Groff‘s on-screen love life endures some twists and turns. Also: Scott Bakula‘s character hopes a “friend” can be something more.

VIDEO | HBO’s Gay Dramedy Looking: Watch the First Full Trailer!

Premiering Sunday, Jan. 19 at 10:30/9:30c (after Girls), the eight-episode series follows three friends in San Francisco enjoying what life has to offer a new generation of gay men. Murray Bartlett (Guiding Light), as Bakula’s prospective love interest, and Frankie J. Alvarez (Smash) co-star.

RELATED | Stephen Moyer on True Blood‘s ‘Sad’ Series Finale, Possible Happy Ending for Bill and Sookie

Check out this latest look at Looking, then tell us: Will you be tuning in?

Tags: ,

Comments (18)

• Was this shot with Instagram?

Comment by Kyle C. – December 22, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks like it will be my favorite new show of 2014. I can see the chemistry with the leads and guest stars in just the few trailers they put out.

Comment by Tori – December 22, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like Duck Dynasty fans will have a fresh list of people to threaten.

Comment by Jo – December 22, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly! I bet this show isn’t in the Robertsons’ DVR queue. :-)

Comment by ragincajun – December 23, 2013 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to this show. I hope it doesn’t disappoint, but from the trailer I don’t think it will.

Comment by CJ – December 22, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I as well have been eagerly looking forward to this show since it was announced way back sometime last year. So far the previews don’t disappoint, if anything they are making me think this might be my next favorite TV show. I really hope it’s able to capture the buzz in order to stick around for awhile…

Comment by Tommy – December 23, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Russell Tovey!! Can not wait!

Comment by Huba Buba – December 22, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks so good. I hope it has its own sense of magic in the way that Queer as Folk did. I hope it’s really, really amazing.

Comment by brycealexander – December 22, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have hopes for this, hopefully it sticks around. Looking forward to seeing Jonathan Groff in a leading role, and his character as well as the others look great.

Comment by Mike R. – December 22, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reminds me a little of Queer as Folk, but maybe (hopefully) a little more realistic and earnest. I’ll watch for Scott Bakula.

Comment by dreamlife613 – December 23, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so it obviously the boys version of GIRLS
    i was originally looking forward to this
    but now i’m not sure bout it

Comment by sarah – December 23, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do get the vibe of QAF, but only in the beginning, now I’m completely on board, a big fan, I can’t wait! :D

Comment by CSI Fan – December 23, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s funny how television doesn’t depict gay men as effeminate anymore. Well done society.

Comment by Dr. L – December 23, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In typical Ryan Murphy fashion…colorless cast.

Comment by YeaISaidIt – December 24, 2013 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except not run by Ryan Murphy.

Comment by Mike R. – December 24, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, they should have thrown in a token black or Chinese character in there and you would still complain.

Comment by Crybaby – December 24, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One of the leads is Hispanic. What are you talking about?

Comment by Lee Whitman (@uncheckable) – December 27, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post